30DS Challenge Starting 8/15/11

Options

Replies

• olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    Last night I went to start my workout and somehow managed to slam my thumb in between my two 10 lb dumbells. It hurt so bad it made me cry. I iced it for 6 hours yesterday. Today is it purple and swollen. I had to wear a bra with a front close cause I couldn't close a back one. My thumb barely works. I can't hold even an 3lb dumbell. I am so mad. And now this dang hurricaine is coming right at me. I work for the electric company - last time we had a hurricaine I worked 16 hours a day for 23 days straight. Nothing to eat but crap (pizza, sandwiches, chocolates as far as the eye can see). How am I going to get through this next coupla weeks?? I guess I need to pack my own food and maybe try to sneak off to the exercise room at work if I can. Today is the third day in row I haven't worked out. That hasnt happened since I joined MFP in April. Well, thanks for listening to be complain - you all keep up all the hard work. I am hoping I can shred tomorrow. I may have to do it without weights, but I am going to try it. You all kick butt for me!

Oh my! That sucks about your thumb. I hope it feels better soon! I would definitely try it without the weights...at least you'd still be doing the cardio, right? :) And good luck with the hurricane! My sister lives in VA, close to DC, and I hope nothing happens! I lived through Katrina, I know how bad they can be!

After a 2 day break (had some stuff removed from my leg and it hurt like a b(#*$...could barely walk!), I finished up L1D7. Whew! Not that hard getting back into it after 2 days...thank goodness! I'm so happy to see those of you that moved on to L2. I anxiously await that day! Hopefully soon!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    *walks in hanging head in shame*

So I'm back from vacation... I didn't get the Shred done once. I'm back at it tomorrow. I'm SO sorry ladies!

So - what do you think? Should I pick up where I left off or move onto Level 2?
  • momie0205
    momie0205 Posts: 232
    Options
    I had a rest day after all so I did level 1 day 10 last night will be doing level 2 day 1 tonight a bit scared. I watched it last night I could feel the sweat. Sometimes I don't feel the most coordinated and they looked hard.
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options

So I'm back from vacation... I didn't get the Shred done once. I'm back at it tomorrow. I'm SO sorry ladies!

I would do at least 1 day of Level 1 -- Just to get you back in the flow. Then see how your body feels...
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 today! O...M....G.... This woman is possessed by some maniacal monster, I'm convinced of it! I'm expecting good results after the next 10 days!
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    Hanging tough here in VB. Storm almost over. Worked 14 hours today. I'm gonna skip the shred today. Gotta be back at work at 6am. Hope to get off at 6pm tomorrow night and I am going to do Day 1 Level 2. Went 600 cals over today. Yikes!!! But I did drink a ton of water so I'll count one victory today.
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Did day 9 level 1 today. The past couple days I've been doing a second Core excercise video as well just to double charge my days since I haven't been able to run due to a heat wave. I still have to do girl puchups, and I'm still struggling with them, but everything else seems to be getting easier. I do feel like I'm toning up too, which is just fantastic!
  • olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options

I would definitely do at least one day of Level 1 again to see how it goes. If you breeze through it, continue on to Level 2! If you're still struggling, spend a few more days on Level 1.

I, for one, am skipping some days in between doing it. I'm doing c25k also and I tried to do both in one day, and could barely move the next day. So now I alternate days. Just completed L1D8 of 30DS. I am sweating tonight, I worked it hard!
  • momie0205
    Options
    I did level 2 day 2 today and man do I sweat my butt off. It is def a good workout. :happy:
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 day 2 today and man do I sweat my butt off. It is def a good workout. :happy:

I sweat sooooo much too on Level 2.... Gross, yet great!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm going to restart the program from the beginning, and take weekends off. I'm going to make the program my own (and DH said he'll pay for a massage for me when I'm done!).

I'm going branch off and see if anyone wants to join me in re-starting the challenge. I may pop back in from time to time!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 2, day 2 yesterday. Oh the plank work. She is a monster. LOL
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    You all are so good for my motivation. I got up this morning at 430 so I could shred before I came to work. But i totally whimped out and did Level 1 Day 11.... I will try level 2 tomorrow. If I can get up at 430 again...
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    Finished L2 day 2! Quite a workout! I'm starting to notice a lot more muscle tone than I had before! Yay!
  • Susanpv
    Susanpv Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 3
    Wasn't able to complete the whole circuit. Gave up after 19 minutes. I blame it on not doing any exercise over weekend. I did just get back from a 2 mile walk in 30 minutes. Yeah me!! I WILL complete the circuit tomorrow...I will complete the circuit tomorrow...I will complete the circuit tomorrow.
  • MistFit
    MistFit Posts: 22
    Options
    I started this challenge, and did 30DS for 12 days straight. Moved on to L2, and really liked it. Today my dvd player no longer likes Jillian. It didn't work. :) So...I pumped out a old school Tae Bo DVD.... and beginning P90X tomorrow.....was going to wait until after 30DS....but I guess my DVD has different plans for me.

It was fun being part of a challenge, to read about others experiences....I've never seen a P90X challenge, if anyone knows of one, or wants to do it as well... friend me :)

Good luck with the rest of the challenge everyone :)
  • momie0205
    Options
    I did lvel 2 day 4 last night and I still sweat but my endurance is getting so much better. I am able to take far less breaks. I am skipping tonight going to a baseball game with my husband. I did workout during lunch. I will do level 2 day 5 tomorrow though. Hope everyone is having a great tuesday afternoon (well it is afternoon here). :happy:
  • spaingirl2011
    Options
    Finished D3 L2 and I am noticing that I'm getting stronger, but I still get pretty tired! I'm also a little worried because my wrists are acting up and that's making it pretty hard to do all of those plank moves.
  • momie0205
    Options
    How are we all doing today!!! I did level 2 day 5 last night I really didn't want too but got my booty up and did it anyways I always feel great after doing it. I mean sweaty but great!!
  • momie0205
    Options
    Leve 2 day 6 tonight. I can def feel a difference in my endurance. I don't think the scale budged much this week :sad: There is always next week though.