Ladies, I'm sorry

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
I broke a rib and hurt my feet too. All of my friends are "hardcore" hikers, the best scenery is hard to get to, and that's where the solitude is. I don't want to hold them back, but rivers and trees are the best medicine.

I joined Meetup for hiking, not having luck there. In a moment of desperation, I put an ad on Craigslist to find people who do short and easy hikes. Here's the response I got:

Let’s just get naked together at your place tomorrow I’m 39 guy

Is this what women deal with every day? I feel like I need to apologize on behalf of my gender.

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    That's quite tame
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    That's kinda innocent from what I've received.

Do you have to tell everyone? Gesh.. said I'm sorry..
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No "Hey baby, I can treat you like a queen?"

maybe that's only for "official" dating sites....

but yeah, alot of guy spam to wade through when your a female who ventures onto the WWW - hence why alot of females don't put their face as their avatar

• floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Be grateful you didn't get a photo to go along with the message.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I once turned up to a meetup hike and it was just me and one other guy. Not awkward at all
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Why do you think I hide behind cat avatars all the time? Much easier. Doesn't deter it 100% though.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    Why do you think I hide behind cat avatars all the time? Much easier. Doesn't deter it 100% though.

I’ll bet it doesn’t. I can’t even mention that I own a cat without a sexual innuendo being thrown my way 🙄
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The real fun starts when you decline and they start threatening to murder you

Or when they kidnap you.

Oh wait that wasn't real... nvmd.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I haven’t had to deal with any creepy messages since they changed the pm rules here. So sadly, my days are now less amusing. Being a short, fat, tired old lady I don’t get creeped at irl. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I once turned up to a meetup hike and it was just me and one other guy. Not awkward at all

Did he bring his own ruffie juiceboxes🙄😖

🤗💐
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I haven’t had to deal with any creepy messages since they changed the pm rules here. So sadly, my days are now less amusing. Being a short, fat, tired old lady I don’t get creeped at irl. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

Hey baby. Wanna see my aubergine?

Only if you wanna see my potato salad
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

Hey baby. Wanna see my aubergine?

Only if you wanna see my potato salad

POTATO!
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Don’t apologize on our behalf, we are all individuals and that guy represents himself. Speak for yourself
    I am sure these ladies know how to deal with someone like that, one or two might even be interested in that guy( best not to judge)
    and I have received far more explicit then that on social media from ladies (and a few guys) and I think one even almost offended me
    You should see and hear some of the things that go on at a truck stop

Stay away from anyone named Sea Bass😬😉

No matter how amazing he is on the ice😋