Ladies, I'm sorry

Options

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Don’t apologize on our behalf, we are all individuals and that guy represents himself. Speak for yourself
    I am sure these ladies know how to deal with someone like that, one or two might even be interested in that guy( best not to judge)
    and I have received far more explicit then that on social media from ladies (and a few guys) and I think one even almost offended me
    You should see and hear some of the things that go on at a truck stop

And I think one even almost offended me. I just spit my drink all over my phone. 🤣
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yup, and that was polite.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    To be fair... if you don't ask, the answer is always "no.".
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    To be fair... if you don't ask, the answer is always "no.".

Yes
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    That’s tame. Imagine getting unsolicited D pics.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I haven’t used any dating sites in almost two years because the guys I met off them were either bat crazy or creepy. I remember one guy constantly messaging me after I had told him I wasn’t interested in him and so I ended up blocking him but he made a new profile and starting being verbally abusive calling me stupid, ugly, wishing I was dead etc. I had literally sent maybe 5 messages to him and I’d never met up with him or anything. Dodged a bullet if ya ask me!!

I met my husband on one of those sites but I know the feeling of dealing with crazies, too. Guys would message me asking why it said in my profile that I wouldn't date anyone with kids. I told them it was because I didn't want to have kids and would take it very seriously to be in a stepmom role down the road, so I just didn't want to take that chance. Several of them became really fixated on that and would send me horrible mean messages & just not let it go. One created a fake account to do this and later even confronted me in person when I was out with friends.

As for Meetup, I'm more freaked out by that than dating sites because my ex and I used it to try and meet childfree by choice friends. We were around 28-30 and came to a Meetup group which was ALL married couples in their mid 50s who were very into a swinging lifestyle. Also most of them were empty nest parents, not childfree by choice.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Indeed, this is the kind of garbage we get, except often it is worse. People sending pictures of their twig and berries, describing sexual activities that they assume we would participate in with a total stranger, etc. This is why I don't have accounts on Meetup or anything like that anymore. I'm married and I'm old! Bugger off, dongle-flashers!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »
    Why do you think I hide behind cat avatars all the time? Much easier. Doesn't deter it 100% though.

I’ll bet it doesn’t. I can’t even mention that I own a cat without a sexual innuendo being thrown my way 🙄

Oh, this is my "tame" cat avatar. Someone complained that my other one freaked them out. Apparently, "spider cat" isn't as loved or appreciated here as I would like. :P
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »
    Why do you think I hide behind cat avatars all the time? Much easier. Doesn't deter it 100% though.

I’ll bet it doesn’t. I can’t even mention that I own a cat without a sexual innuendo being thrown my way 🙄

Oh, this is my "tame" cat avatar. Someone complained that my other one freaked them out. Apparently, "spider cat" isn't as loved or appreciated here as I would like. :P

🤣 I loved spider cat

THANK YOU. Spider cat is awesome.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    but yeah, alot of guy spam to wade through when your a female who ventures onto the WWW - hence why alot of females don't put their face as their avatar

Exactly. I've been on various message boards for almost 20 years and learned that lesson early.

There's just something about the anonymity of a computer screen that gives some guys permission to let their most obnoxious sexual aggression out.
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    The real fun starts when you decline and they start threatening to murder you
    I haven’t had to deal with any creepy messages since they changed the pm rules here. So sadly, my days are now less amusing. Being a short, fat, tired old lady I don’t get creeped at irl. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

Is that why my messages aren't going through? Ugh...

For reals though - they changed the rules?