September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    ariceroni wrote: »
    I'm in for 190 miles this month!

ETA: I'm considering signing up for a 50K in March. Please help talk me out of (or into??) it :D

You can do it! It will be great! You will love it! (Am I doing this right?)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    200 mile minimum goal

*dew claws up*

Per week??????

She says that every month 🤪
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Yep @ariceroni you can do a 50K. I have all the confidence in the world you can do it!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    This month I'm aiming for 200km - I'm in build up for the Auckland Half so should be clocking up the miles this month.

My best holiday ever. Well, I've had a lot of great holidays, but every holiday has it's highs and lows. The most memorable would be the week I spent in Cinque Terre as a part of a month in Italy. Gelato, bruschetta, cheap wine and floating in the Med. Bliss.

A month snowboarding in Canada comes a close second. Also the week in Austria - the snow was amazing and the pastries were unbelievable!

My girlfriend and I would take random weekend trips around England when I was living in London. Had an unexpectedly amazing time in Winchester one time. Such a beautiful little town.

I've had a number of amazing destination running events - Christchurch Half and Marlborough Half were both awesome weekends away.

Then there's the holiday my husband and I took early on in our relationship - we just hopped into the car and drove.

And if I think back to my childhood, those long lazy camping holidays set the tone for a lifetime love of beaches, swimming, nature, reading and life under canvas...
    @ContraryMaryMary - This made me think of other trips I have loved! Austria - we were there for about 2 weeks and rented a car and drove all over, stayed in little villages... it was wonderful.
    Cinque Terre - When my daughter graduated from college she went traveling in Europe for about 3 months and at the end invited me to spend the last weeks with her revisiting some of her favorite places. We stayed in hostels and took buses and trains everywhere. It was September and most of the vacationer crowds were gone. Cinque Terre was one of our stops and you are right the gelato is so good. We ended in Vienna, one of my favorite places that she hadn't been to and treated ourselves to a lovely hotel and ate at a Biergarten every night!