September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• dcolander
    dcolander Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    3.2miles this morning..met my NRC weekly and August running challenge ..I doubt my knees will let me run 10K again 😔😣

Donna aka #rundmc#
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey all! Been Mia as life kinda just took over for a few days. Went to conference and took the family. Had a great conference but ate way too much and did no exercise at all.

So today I decided that no matter what, I'm going for a run. And I did. Was only 3k. I'm so unconditioned I'm going to slowly build up again. So regular weekday running a long run on the weekend.

I have also gained unknown weight but my jeans are getting too tight. That puts me in the around 6kg gained mark. So I want to lose that again before December. Basically no more junk food, plan lunches, and run/do weights/walk.

So goal is 15ks per week

I hear ya on the weight gain. I told DH I couldn't go to church anymore because I was too fat. He suggested I buy bigger clothes. I countered with some coolsculpting or lipo.

monthly question #2 weight loss goal by December? And how do you plan on making that happen?
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    September goal: 110 miles

9/1: 8.86 miles

8.86/110 miles completed

Today's run was tough. I wasn't feeling well on Thursday evening and Friday. I was feeling better yesterday, but I still wasn't 100% this morning and it made for a tough run. My stomach was a little iffy when I got up, but it settled as I ran. I was slow though. I was a good minute slower than my last long run, but I did manage to get 8.86 miles in. I normally would have kept going to get to 9 miles, but about 3/4 of a mile from home I really needed the bathroom, so it was kind of a mad dash to get there. Thankfully I made it. I do feel better now and I was really glad I got out there and did my run. But I am also really glad that tomorrow is a rest day and a holiday.

As far as the 2nd monthly question goes, I am having the opposite problem and my weight goal for December is not to lose any more weight. I hit my original goal before I started running and then after I started running I lost an additional 20 pounds. I was ok with that for a while, but I have dropped below my maintenance range, and I don't want to lose anymore. There is a lot of talk about not being able to outrun our forks, but I seem to have trouble eating enough to keep up with my running. Does anyone else have trouble with that?

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - Cancelled due to weather

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

I'm sorry you weren't feeling the greatest this week. But I'm super happy to hear you made it back to the bathroom in time. I absolutely hate that feeling.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    September goal: 110 miles

9/1: 8.86 miles

8.86/110 miles completed

Today's run was tough. I wasn't feeling well on Thursday evening and Friday. I was feeling better yesterday, but I still wasn't 100% this morning and it made for a tough run. My stomach was a little iffy when I got up, but it settled as I ran. I was slow though. I was a good minute slower than my last long run, but I did manage to get 8.86 miles in. I normally would have kept going to get to 9 miles, but about 3/4 of a mile from home I really needed the bathroom, so it was kind of a mad dash to get there. Thankfully I made it. I do feel better now and I was really glad I got out there and did my run. But I am also really glad that tomorrow is a rest day and a holiday.

As far as the 2nd monthly question goes, I am having the opposite problem and my weight goal for December is not to lose any more weight. I hit my original goal before I started running and then after I started running I lost an additional 20 pounds. I was ok with that for a while, but I have dropped below my maintenance range, and I don't want to lose anymore. There is a lot of talk about not being able to outrun our forks, but I seem to have trouble eating enough to keep up with my running. Does anyone else have trouble with that?

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - Cancelled due to weather

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

"You can not outrun your fork" is for the general case. It is not a universal law. I actually run into the same issue when I am training seriously for a 50k. Right now I am t the top end of my maintenance range, but my 26+ mile races are all behind me until next season. This is the time of the year it is a struggle to keep it off.

Basically, you need to learn your cycles and work WITH them. I suggest for now you add calories from GOOD FATS and COMPLEX PROTEINS - this will encourage muscle growth and help stave off sugar addiction for when you reach a point that your pounds are gaining again. Try to avoid increasing carbs and definitely avoid adding simple carbs to your diet if you can help it.

Experiment and see what works for you, but that is my general advice as a random faceless person on the internet :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @HonuNui what is up (side down), with that Honu? Eric looked at January rates and found summer is cheaper. Good to see you back!!! That lava get flowing yet? I saw a story where some nit wit fell "in". Tourists...