Did anyone else decide the last few pounds just weren’t worth it?

I’m a 5’10 female and used to be 128#-130# in college. I’d classify myself as sedentary overall, though I do physical activities like hiking and surfing on weekends. My weight stays between 150-155 pounds when I don’t track calories. However, I always seem to be in this vicious yo yo cycle of getting back down to about 130#, which I’ve always had in my mind as my maintenance goal weight. I typically can lose the 20 pounds in about four months, and then stay at the 130 mark for maybe three months or so before I fall off the wagon and stop tracking calories. Rinse and repeat.

I have recently come to the realization that being 130 pounds is not worth it to me anymore. The calorie requirement is just too low for me to enjoy my meals and I don’t have a strong interest in regularly burning calories through exercise. Now I am going to use 145-150 as my target since it’s still a healthy enough weight for my height and the calorie target is something that will work better in my life. No one besides me cares or probably even really notices if I am a size 4 or an 8, so I am not sure why I have been returning to my college weight for so long (or why I even used that as my goal in the first place).
Did anyone else adjust their original maintenance weights? How does reality match your previous expectations?

Replies

• colettehugh
    colettehugh Posts: 5 Member
    Wow, 5'10" and 120-30 lbs? I'm 5'8" and my college/20s weight was always around 128-132 lbs and that was thin.