Shortage of Broccoli!

Options
12346»

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am strangely more worried about running out of toilet tissue than starving to death. I may need to re-think my priorities.

In a strange twist, buy copies of the Daily Mail that will be the worst ‘trumpeter of doom’ and cut into 4” squares! Worked for generations 😉😂😂

Ha ha omg thank you, I had forgotten about newspapers.

I never read them anymore since the interwebz is so reliable when it comes to information. <enters sarcasm emoji>

ETA: I am also going to grow Dock leaves. UK peeps know what I am talking about. :D
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I am strangely more worried about running out of toilet tissue than starving to death. I may need to re-think my priorities.

In a strange twist, buy copies of the Daily Mail that will be the worst ‘trumpeter of doom’ and cut into 4” squares! Worked for generations 😉😂😂

I never read them anymore since the interwebz is so reliable when it comes to information. <enters sarcasm emoji>

ETA: I am also going to grow Dock leaves. UK peeps know what I am talking about. :D

Just remember: "Leaflets three, let it be." :D
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options

I legit just spent five minutes going 'but why would Brexit cause nettle stings' before I realised 😂

...though nettles supposedly make good soup?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »

I legit just spent five minutes going 'but why would Brexit cause nettle stings' before I realised 😂

...though nettles supposedly make good soup?

Apparently so! That’s going to be my excuse for not weeding my gardens! ‘Cos Brexit...’ 😂
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    I am actually surprised if weather conditions are causing a shortage. I didn't pay attention to where my broccoli came from today but at Tesco, two heads were 65p.