WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rzn2340- San Antonio here too! I started with lower calories until I got ok from Doctors to exercise I lost a lot fast then got this app cause I went to plateau city! Welcome
    Lat1963-Welcome we just jump in here chat away to anyone.We sign our names at the bottom just first.

DR Katie Bug- Yes that sounds about right I ate carbs today got more energy.Think I need to add back some items to keep up with JR!

Debby VA-Don’t worry I’m biracial to my kids y hubby well we’ve all (but JR) have been to the yikes all one race schools had to find our place. We jived just fine other kids well didn’t even notice the difference in Kindergarten. Their race blind at that age. Just watch the parents any issues were always from that 1 who was queen bee 🐝 poking at other Moms or the 1 bad teacher in the whole school (In that case principal demand a switch to another teacher! Mom y grandma!). You watch he’ll just be tired from the day play up a storm. So far I find kids can’t pronounce JRs name lol Emilio easier for Hispanic kids,but others just tumble out the funniest tries. We’ve heard Milo to Emeeeme. Good enough lol they tried doubt they know their own name most go by nicknames until Kindergarten one kid told me her name was Stinker lol 😂. She was one too! Daughter is 1/3 African American,1/3 Native American,1/3 white (with Jewish).

Rebecca -She’s healthy is all lots of the kids get water downed powder the Doctor says almost all have anemia!!! They introduce foods too early because they can’t afford to feed them formula y jobs don’t allow them to breastfeed properly they just dry up.
    From medical standpoint y old farm gal- Brown y white eggs have no difference just color.Ive also had speckled to green eggs from rare hens no difference.Only thing is one chicken lays bigger eggs than another breed or more/less of them. Egg whites (we switched too) supposed to be better for cholesterol.Duck eggs to other birds have a exotic taste I feel duck eggs have an oily texture is good for certain dishes because of it.
    Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Today I slept in, then my eldest sister called me. Its so great that we get along so well. Our conversations cover deep subjects, and after talking with her, and helping her with something she was conflicted about, my heart is full. Its nice to be needed, that she values my input. Sometimes hearing a situation, and looking at it from a different perspective helps. I am so blessed to have her.💖

I texted my middle sister, and though she is having money issues, she's still buying those cigs, going out for food, instead of saving her money. She has not hit rock bottom yet.😕
    💖Rebecca
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s never easy even when you know they are becoming more frail.

I accomplished a lot this weekend, but I really wish there was one extra day to this holiday weekend!! We had an indoor picnic today because it was too hot to grill out. Hopefully only one or two days of super hot weather, then it will become more seasonable. However, it’s only supposed to last a week. I’ve had a difficult time handling the heat this year.

I took my mom to visit her sister today. My aunt apparently had a mild heart attack last week. Doctors are still trying to figure out the best strategy, but at 83 with COPD, it’s going to be very difficult to find a solution.

Connie in KY
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This evening is Day 2 of "Reinventing Rhonda" . . . Although I stayed under my caloric limit and did the other items on my list of goals, I succumbed to eating too much fat as I had done yesterday. But as Scarlet O'Hara said in Gone With the Wind, "Tomorrow's another day! As G is my witness, I will be thin again!" Okay, she didn't say that, but I like the proclamation anyway.

I will be thin again!
    I will be thin again!
    I will be thin again!!!

Thanks to those that offered me a warm welcome. It felt good.
    Barbie - Sending a hug to you for the loss of a {{hug}} and big thanks for keeping the group going!
    Amber Tx - Your post cracked me up - I call my grand-daughter "Little Booger" (she's biracial, too :-)
    Barbara - SOCoastie - We have a few things in common. Are you a Duck or a Beaver?[/b]
    Shelly - I'm new to the group also, and can attest that meditation makes me better in many ways.
    Rebecca <3 - Ah, sisters. I have two, too! Your brief post reminded me of how much love I feel for them. <3
    New Linda in TX - Wow!!! 107# gone!?! You are an inspiration. I have much to learn from you!
    Connie in KY - I hope you can find solace in knowing you're a good daughter and niece {{hugs}}
    Kim from NoCali - You have resilience and strength. You're model for younger generations and half-way to your goal. You deserve an applause {{{{ hands clapping }}}}

I hope to become acquainted with everyone as the days, weeks and months fly by and the pounds drop off.

Kind regards,
    Rhonda (south of PDX :-)

I will be thin again!
    I will be thin again!!
    I will be thin again!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Joyfully read all the posts but, regretfully, I have little time for individual comments today.

To all the new gals: You are heartily welcomed. Drop in often, comment when the spirit moves you. Compassionsate support is always available here.

(((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 to those grieving or in need.

Rebecca: 💕💖💕 Athena. My, how she is growing!
    Heather: 💖 Ballerina Bea 💃🏼

Must dash!
    Patchwork Group this morning.
    Physio appointment after lunch.
    Crochet Group after dinner.

💠 LIVE! 💠 LAUGH! 💠 LEARN! 💠

☘️ Terri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies 💐💐!Aj is 1/2 African American and Caucasian and Native American.We always have supper together at the table and one evening a year ago,he said we’re all brown.We agreed and that was that .Amber,you and I are a bit alike.We seem to have a bit of knowledge about quite a bit.Daughter has been kept on such a short chain for so long,I do understand that she needs time to enjoy breathing and just being free.But she was out til 2:45am 😐.She said she was going to be home at a reasonable time and she wanted to get Aj up and ready for school.Like it or not,she’s getting up early.
    Prayers,hugs,love❤️and gratitude for y’all.
    Debby In Va

• Shabadana
    Shabadana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Thanks for the welcome and for sharing your story. I was fortunate in that mine was caught early and they think they got everything but I still need to go in for annual ultrasounds which are scary. I wish you good health as you continue your journey. Thanks too for the advice about the last few pounds. I focus on building strength so despite my lack of progress on the scale I am much stronger than I was and continue to improve in that regard. So that makes me happy even if I don’t get a flat stomach!

Terri & Rhonda - Thanks for welcoming me into the group!

Have a good day, everyone!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Machka: Impressive walk! I do between 3 and 4 miles but it takes me all day to do them.
    Machka - 🏃🏽‍♀️ Terri - 🚶‍♀️
    Later: we must have been typing at the same time! 😂

Ginny: I am in two minds about that last 10 lbs, but as I seem to be on a roll, I’ll keep going for now. I’m about to break into the 150s again!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    JR hid from his diaper change such a good hider lol 😂. He has learned a new word GROSS ! But it sounds like Ghoossssse so he’s farting on purpose to say it proudly.Thought that was a 8 or 9yr old milestone lol. For the new Gals JR is my Post Menopause baby so don’t toss them birth control tabs just yet! I’m in Peri again 2nd time around when I’m finally post I can say I’ve walked the walk twice! He’s 2 1/2 on the 9th. Daughter in the Navy around 20 yrs old so big age difference.
    iq2abebyo8el.jpeg

Debby VA- Spreading her wings is a good thing lol 😂 but I’d pass out staying up that late.Im a head on the pillow 8-10Pm type lol 😂 well since JR more like 9-12 type but I want to go to bed lol. Hopefully while out she got called pretty nothing like a confidence booster. Once in awhile staying out late won’t hurt her ,but if it’s a lot of nights then have a talk or get up early tiredness will kick in lol. I went out a few times out late but usually was a date (Now hubby y me stayed out late a lot lol was the one guy I’d drag myself exhausted to work for) .We are a lot alike. Glad she had a free bird wing stretch! Shows his holds going going gone!

Welcome new Gals we’re almost all abuse survivors from all walks of life with kids to none.All types but we fit we love to chat so jump in don’t be shy.

Was 195
    Cw. 158.7
    Walking y calorie counting. Keeping mine at 1100-1300 cal range. Trying to hit 1200 on the dot every day! Sugarfree to low or no sodium items watching cholesterol to calories of each item trying to stay fresh to fresh as possible foods.

Amber San Antonio Tx