How did you do it??

Options
I'm a mom of 2.5 year old twins, Im wanting to lose what the kids left behind also I wasn't very fit when I got pregnant. I'm 5'8 171 lbs, I'm struggling with losing the weight, i stopped eating total crap years ago and watch my macros, I only get to workout an hour a day as I do this on my lunch break ( lucky enough to have a gym in building)... I burn anywhere from 300 to 500 calories a workout. Wondering if I haven't given it enough time.. been going steady 5x a week since June and have lost 7lbs... Any thoughts? How did you do it?

Thanks in advance ♥️♥️

Replies

• Sadie2PointOh
    Sadie2PointOh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 7lb loss!!!
    What type of workouts are you doing at your gym? Is it possible you've gained muscle?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    7lbs in 2-3 months is a healthy pace to lose so you’ve done well so far.

You’ve mentioned your exercise but not whether you’re keeping account of the calories in your food. I know you’ve said that you stopped eating badly a long time ago, but even the healthiest food, if consumed in excess of what your body needs will cause weight gain or prevent you losing despite the exercise.

Have you set MFP up to lose weight? If you have, what level does it suggest you need to eat at?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    7 pounds is great. You really should not be trying to lose more than 1 pound a week anyway. Depending on when you started you could possibly lose a touch faster but with your energy demands at home this could be as fast as you need to be going.
    Congrats on the 7lb loss!!!
    What type of workouts are you doing at your gym? Is it possible you've gained muscle?

It is unlikely the OP gained any significant amount of muscle while in a calorie deficit.
  • Sadie2PointOh
    Sadie2PointOh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

It is unlikely the OP gained any significant amount of muscle while in a calorie deficit.

She didn't mention calorie settings/intake, just having stopped eating total crap years ago and watching her macros therefore it wasn't clear if there was a calorie defecit despite the workouts.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 7 pound loss! You don’t have far to go. You may see it as a mountain cause of your point of view, but where we see it from, we see a winner well on the way! Keep at it. Way to go!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

She didn't mention calorie settings/intake, just having stopped eating total crap years ago and watching her macros therefore it wasn't clear if there was a calorie defecit despite the workouts.

She's lost weight, so there has to have been a calorie deficit.

OP, with your stats you don't have much weight to lose, so averaging around 1 lb per week is kind of perfect, congrats :smiley:

I'd bet tightening up your logging would keep you more consistently in that range. Good luck!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

All of that^^
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2.5 year old twins, Im wanting to lose what the kids left behind also I wasn't very fit when I got pregnant. I'm 5'8 171 lbs, I'm struggling with losing the weight, i stopped eating total crap years ago and watch my macros, I only get to workout an hour a day as I do this on my lunch break ( lucky enough to have a gym in building)... I burn anywhere from 300 to 500 calories a workout. Wondering if I haven't given it enough time.. been going steady 5x a week since June and have lost 7lbs... Any thoughts? How did you do it?

Thanks in advance ♥️♥️

7lbs in 3 months? I would say keep up the good work!
  • tgaudet123
    tgaudet123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    so just getting started here I have been doing weight watchers but I don't want to pay the monthly fee for it anymore. I put in that I want to lose 1.5 a week. It gave me my calorie intake. When I excercise it's adding more calories. I believe even with the added calories for exercize it's what I need for losing the weight but wanted to confirm. I know not eating enough calories can be counter productive.
  • iamjoyce1
    iamjoyce1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    tgaudet123 wrote: »
    so just getting started here I have been doing weight watchers but I don't want to pay the monthly fee for it anymore. I put in that I want to lose 1.5 a week. It gave me my calorie intake. When I excercise it's adding more calories. I believe even with the added calories for exercize it's what I need for losing the weight but wanted to confirm. I know not eating enough calories can be counter productive.

What you are doing is correct. My Fitness Pal adds calories when you exercise.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    500 calories per workout is a lot. Is it possible you are overestimating? My biggest success was the digital food scale. Weigh everything. Even bananas.