Fit For Future Families - August 2011

Options

Replies

• lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Tasha and Royal T- Welcome

Jalara- SO frustrating. I’m sorry. Hate getting the run around by people!!!

Mae- When school starts again it always throws everything off for me. I think it is due to the stress.

Kimberly- YEA for the thermometer! I’m so happy I started to take mine, it has helped so much. Just to know the day I’m going to start makes it worth while. Plus I don’t have that agonizing question in my head, “am I pregnant and spotting or is the cd1?”

Alisa- Bad moms like that make me SOOO ANGRY! They damage their babies and just keep popping them out. Foster parents and truly a blessing!

AFM: So I know it is not Monday, but I need to announce my epic fail of not drinking anymore soda this week. I have 2 diet Pepsis at Applebees on Friday night and I have a pepsi today. WOW I suck! Our 14 year old exchange student from Taiwan left yesterday and I miss him. He was so friendly and it was nice to have a kid to make lunches for and “play mom.” Our other student came back today from China, but he is not nearly has friendly and likes to hangout in his room- typical 17 year old behavior. My school year starts tomorrow, so this week is going to be really hard to eat right. I will be going out to lunch everyday with teacher friends so my soda goal will be postponed til next week. My annual is tomorrow so I’m hoping to get some answers about ovulating late in cycle and see what the Dr. thinks. AGGGGGGGGG I’m dreading this appointment!!!!
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Was hoping to join the thread-- Seeing if I can gain pearls of wisdom... It has been 1.5yrs and no pos tests so am just wondering what I can do do help my chances at conceiving. My cycle was regular for the last year (to the day) until two months ago when it came four days early, and then last month, four days late, and now waiting to see what is happening this month. I thought I was regular and thus could chart my cycle but now am not sure. My skin has also started breaking out and am wondering if I am having hormone issues? Did any of you get blood work done? Am I being to impatient-- or is it worth having blood work done? Looking forward to all of your advice!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day:

Weight: down one more pound from last week! I really didn't know what to expect after last week. I didn't log food at all for 2 days, and didn't exercise at least 3 days, plus AF was here. But I can't complain.

Goals for last week:
    Exercise 3 x 45 - 60 min -- meh...not exactly. I think I got in two 45 minute workouts, and one 20 min workout, along with yoga one other day.
    Water 64oz/day -- for the two days that I didn't log, I really don't know. I did good all the other days, though.
    Stay on track with eating -- done, except for the two days I didn't log. If anything, though, I ate much less than I should have.
    Keep an eye on sodium -- Nope, no way. I didn't look at it at all. Glancing back through my diary, though, I went over on Monday, but was ok all the other days (except the two days I didn't log).

Goals for this week:
    Same as last week

So I started temping/charting. I actually did not get a temp this morning...I dropped my thermometer, and it fell between the mattress and headboard, under the bed. I figured by the time I dug it out, I wouldn't be getting an accurate basal temp anyway. Soo...better luck tomorrow! Otherwise, I'm finally feeling pretty much back to normal after last week's episode. Here's hoping for a better week!

Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Quick check in for me.

MFP SW (March 2011): 211
    Calendar week 31: 179.8 (+1.0)
    Calendar week 32: 177.0 (-2.8)
    Calendar week 33: 175.4 (-1.6)
    Calendar week 34: 173.8 (-1.6)
    Calendar week 35: 172.6 (-1.2)

Another good week, yay! I didn't really set any last week, but my goals for this week are to try to shift dinner earlier in the evening and balance out my calorie intake a little better throughout the day.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
    -Stephanie
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hello all:Just a quick update before I get to work. Hope everyone is having a great day and had a great weekend.
    AFM: I don't know if you could hear that but that was the sound of my bc going in the trash! Hopefully, if four days AF will be here and the after that we can get to the baby makin!
  • KHaverstick
    Options
    Hello all:Just a quick update before I get to work. Hope everyone is having a great day and had a great weekend.
    AFM: I don't know if you could hear that but that was the sound of my bc going in the trash! Hopefully, if four days AF will be here and the after that we can get to the baby makin!

Very exciting! Have fun!

And great job with the loss, Stephanie!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Julia - yay!!

Steph - great job!

Kim - great goals!

AFM: I re-started the 30 Day Shred today, since I fell off the wagon while on vacation. I put together a new group to do the 30 workouts in 40 days (weekends off). I feel bad since some of you joined the first thread because of me! But I promise I didn't give up, just took a detour. :ohwell: And, wow - I lost the conditioning I had built up!

Since the last time I weighed in on here (Aug 4th) I have gained 4.8 lbs. I want it gone! I want back to my double digits... and then some!

Today is our appointment at the fertility clinic - it's at 2:30 and I'm a little nervous. Mostly because I have always (always always) know what was going on with my cycle, but this time I don't. This is the first cycle of my miscarriage and I decided not to temp while on vacation. I had a + OPK before we left so I just assumed I would ovulate. The first day back I took my temp and it was high so I assumed everything was normal. But the last 3 days my temp has been low and AF has not shown up, plus I had another +OPK. I know your body can gear up to O and not so it will try again but my body has never been wonky so this worries me. I hate having to go to the appointment and tell them I have no issue except that I do... argh. Oh and even though my temp is low I've taken a bazillion HPTs and all are negative. :grumble:

Goals for the week:
    - Shred x 5 days
    - Walk or jog x 5 days
    - Water intake 110 oz daily
    - Get on a healthy sleep schedule for school
    - Remember my vitamins twice each day
    - Eat right

GTG Ladies :flowerforyou:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Alisa~ I want your Saturday! That sounds so great right now. Sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee sounds much better than my deck at work right now. Glad to hear your schedule seems to be working out well. And having every Wednesday as a half seems like it would be a pain in the butt for all the working parents in your area. That foster mom is an amazing woman to be there for that poor baby.

Stephanie~ Hope the dinner went well! Great loss this week!!! I really like your goal to balance your calorie intake throughout the day.

Luki~ Don’t beat your self up too much! You don’t suck! You’re just human! Back when our 17-year-old Japanese student was with my family, he would stay in his room for hours too. After a few months he started spending more time with us and really became a part f the family!

Amanda~ Sorry AF decided to visit early. Happy temping. That is what really helped me “see” what was happening (and not happening).

Pam~ Glad to hear you are less stressed.

Jalara~ Grr. Hope you were able to talk to a supervisor today. Great Goals!

Mae~ Sorry for the struggles. I have been having the same troubles for a while now. I’m hoping to find a routine soon.

Kimberly~ YAY! One more pound! Way to GO!

ThinThought~ Welcome to the group. I waited a year of crazy cycles before seeing a dr. I think it would be a good idea to go and get everything checked. Better safe than sorry.

Julia~ Have fun!

AFM: I forgot to weigh in this morning… But I am pretty sure it won’t be pretty! I’ll have to see what it is tomorrow morning.

Goals from last week
    1. Water Water Water! At least 66oz (3 of my glasses) ~ Great!
    2. Make healthy choices. (Veggies before french fries) ~ Poor…
    3. Get moving. (no elevators, ect) ~ OK, only made it to Zumba once, but walked a few nights.
    4. DON’T PEE ON A STICK ~ Great no peeing… LOL

Goals for this week
    1. Water Water Water! At least 66oz (3 of my glasses)
    2. Make healthy choices. (Veggies before french fries)
    3. Get moving. (no elevators, 2x Zumba, 3x Bike)

OK I really have to get to work. TTFN
  • thinthought
    Options
    kcurtis-- and did they find anything at your Dr. appointment? I was told once that I have a cyst on one of my ovaries and I never had it checked out again, I am wondering if it could be a contributing factor... I should just go to the Dr... you are right.
    Also, I love that you are posting your weekly goals. I really think goals are such an important part of success.

Jalara-- I just did day 17 of the shred-- Am having to take some days off to nurse a sore/sprained ankle (as a result of the jumping jacks from the shred)-- I love the shred will totally be on board to hold you accountable! I will do Jillian's Yoga video until my ankle can handle the cardio again. As mentioned to kcurtis I am loving the weekly goal post--

I know that I am a newbie to the thread and have no connection with you girls (other than being a woman trying to succeed in health and becoming pregnant--- hey that is a lot right?? :) ) But in the hope of becoming part of this community I will post my weekly goals in the hopes it helps hold me accountable.

WEEKLY GOALS-
    Make a Dr. Apt.
    Stay within my daily calorie limit now that fasting (for Ramadan) is finished and I have to re-adjust to eating during the day
    Continue to work out daily-- JM's Yoga video
    Take time to read for 30mins a day.
    Oh and remember vitamins (thank you Jalara)
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am back from childrens camp and I am EXHAUSTED! By friday morning I was feeling like I could not handle another day of it, so I was very glad it was the last day, that said, it was a blast! If stress is bad for TTC, may I recommend NOT volunteering at a children's camp for a week straight! It made me feel better about my potential mothering skills because I managed to calm so major melt downs, and there was one kid (I think he might be autistic) who NO one could manage, but I seemed to do OK with him. However, it also made me realize that I do NOT want to have a ton of kids. I am now more OK with a bigger number than i first thought (I wanted 3) but dealing with 13 (the ones under my direct care) was way too much! I am many pages behind on the forum and I'm not going to even attempt to catch up so I'll just be picking up from here.

Tara- CONGRATULATION! That is SOOOOOOOOOO exciting!

Everyone- check out early-pregnancy-test.com they have tests (with free shipping) for less than a buck a pop. They are the same kind they have in doctors offices.

while at camp I had some cramps an some light bleeding that I thought might be implantation, but I guess that was not the case (or it didn't stick) AF came today, which is slightly disappointing but also a good thing because this appears to be my first "normal" flow in a few months so that's good. Good luck to you all, and my prayers to anyone who was impacted by the hurricane
  • VeganInTraining
    Options

YAY that's exciting! Its liberating to be off of that junk! Good luck!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My family left yesterday so I'm going to be more active now! I hope every one is having a great Monday!!!

AF was due today and hasn't arrived yet, but I think she will. BUT last week I had some killer heart burn. It was burning the back of my throat!! My sister in law who was here visiting said "I bet you're pregnant!" So I bought a test and it came back negative. This is kind of gross, but I forgot to throw it away. Yesterday I was cleaning up and I saw it and looked at the results and there was the faintest little positive. So this morning I took another test and it came back negative too. Isn't that weird? I'm wondering if the first one just showed up because it was a few days old.....? I was a little disappointed when the test this morning came back negative, but I'm trying really hard to keep my head up and keep active!!!!
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    thedestar- I have always seen "do not read FALSE results after x amount of time." one of my friends said that when she took an early test is was hard to read when it was still wet because the line was faint but when it dried she would actually see it. but at the same time, if today is your missed period it seems like you should have more than a faint line. Maybe try a "pregnant/not pregnant" one? Keep your chin up! *hugs* I am certianly no expert and I know way less than most of these ladies, but that's just what I've heard/seen
  • thinthought
    Options
    thedestar-- the line you saw is called an evaporation line and is not indicative of a positive if it was seen after the time they recommend on the test-- I had the same thing happen to me... took a test, threw it out almost an hour later only to see an evap. line (they are usually grey instead of the pink or blue ink of the test) only to have AF come later in the day. Here is a really great site that shows positive results, negatives and evaporation lines on various tests for comparison sake.

http://www.pregnancy-health-center.com/early-pregnancy-tests.html
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    ok...**insert freak out spaz attack here** i leave for Hawaii TOMORROW and I see my husband the next day...I'm so freaking excited I can nearly function at work!!

I picked up the MIL on saturday and we came home and got all settled. Ate some HORRIBLE(horribly delicious) farmer boys for dinner and then watched "How to lose a guy in 10days". Then Sunday she kept me company while I cleaned and organized my bedroom. Then we decided to go out for lunch and do a little shopping. I got a new dress and a new shorts/cute top outfit....my suitcase now has 7 shorts/tops, 9 dresses and 5 pairs or shoes.....think I packed enough for 7 days??? We went and got pedicures and then did some grocery shopping for her and my son to eat this week.

Last night I got in the shower to get ready for bed at about 10pm and realized I was too anxious to sleep....so I scrubbed my bathroom and cycled thru 2 loads of laundry (there is not a single piece of dirty clothes/towels in my house!

The hubs emailed me last night and told me to get a room for tonorrow night too bc hes suppsed to arrive early so he doesn't want to have to wait all day to check in. So I called and updated all my stuff - got my own hotel room (origionally i was sharing w 2 other wives) and scheduled to pick up my car early and my car rental went down by $10 haha I was like sweet! That will offset some of the cost of an extra night in a hotel! :-)

Weigh in today was 145 - which I'm kind of ok with. I feel good - I've had A LOT of compliments on how much thinner I look - plus my hair, nails and toes are all pretty so I feel good about seeing my husband in the shape I'm in!
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Alisa- I'm so excited for you! have fun with your hubby! :) And, if i haven't said it already thanks for being a military wife!

ThinThought-Thanks for the clarification, that really helps! I wonder if what my friend first saw was actually an evaporation line and she just happened to actually be pregnant. She showed me the test (yes she saved them....all 7 of them that she took up until the day of her expected period) and it was definitely more grey than pink.
  • KHaverstick
    Options
    Alisa--that's awesome! I'm so excited for you!! Have a wonderful time! :)
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    ok...**insert freak out spaz attack here** i leave for Hawaii TOMORROW and I see my husband the next day...I'm so freaking excited I can nearly function at work!!

I picked up the MIL on saturday and we came home and got all settled. Ate some HORRIBLE(horribly delicious) farmer boys for dinner and then watched "How to lose a guy in 10days". Then Sunday she kept me company while I cleaned and organized my bedroom. Then we decided to go out for lunch and do a little shopping. I got a new dress and a new shorts/cute top outfit....my suitcase now has 7 shorts/tops, 9 dresses and 5 pairs or shoes.....think I packed enough for 7 days??? We went and got pedicures and then did some grocery shopping for her and my son to eat this week.

Last night I got in the shower to get ready for bed at about 10pm and realized I was too anxious to sleep....so I scrubbed my bathroom and cycled thru 2 loads of laundry (there is not a single piece of dirty clothes/towels in my house!

The hubs emailed me last night and told me to get a room for tonorrow night too bc hes suppsed to arrive early so he doesn't want to have to wait all day to check in. So I called and updated all my stuff - got my own hotel room (origionally i was sharing w 2 other wives) and scheduled to pick up my car early and my car rental went down by $10 haha I was like sweet! That will offset some of the cost of an extra night in a hotel! :-)

Weigh in today was 145 - which I'm kind of ok with. I feel good - I've had A LOT of compliments on how much thinner I look - plus my hair, nails and toes are all pretty so I feel good about seeing my husband in the shape I'm in!

YAY! (Hawaii) YAY! (seeing Hubs) Yay! (clean house) YAY! ($ saved) YAY! (down 5 lbs this month!)
    Have a great time! I'm SO excited for you!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    we had a great weekend. friday was our anniversary, and hubby surprised me with lunch out and a shopping spree at ann taylor. :) i love that store! i got four cute new shirts, one lightweight sweater and one pair of short (on clearance). saturday was a family reunion with some of hubby's family and we went for a 30 mile bike ride. surprisingly, i am not too sore from it. a little bit in my butt which i feel when i sit down or walk the stairs, but not too bad. on sunday, our neighbors took the boys to sunday school so hubby and i ate breakfast at starbucks and had a relaxing morning. we went to church as a family, went to costco and bought new phones, took the boys to a movie at the cheap theater (green lantern - it was fairly good) and then headed down to the dock so the boys could swim. we brought the dog with us and taught her to swim; she is so proud of herself. it is cute to see her strutting around today. :) i wish the weekends lasted longer! anyway, i am cleaning the house today and doing laundry. i need a pedicure, but it might have to wait until tomorrow.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Goals for the week:
    - Shred x 5 days
    - Walk or jog x 5 days
    - Water intake 110 oz daily
    - Get on a healthy sleep schedule for school
    - Remember my vitamins twice each day
    - Eat right

great goals jalara! i meant to start the 30day shred earlier this month too but i just haven't been in the mood since i increased my running miles. i have a wedding october 1st though, so i need to get back at it. i'll look for your group.