Lies, Lies, Lies

Options
your_future_ex_wife
your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
edited September 2019 in Chit-Chat
Tell me your experiences with lying. Your most interesting. Your most subtle, profitable, or mutually acceptable. Tell me about when you got caught in a lie.

Tell me the ones you’re ashamed of and the ones that secretly make you gloat.

I’d like to hear your reasons and excuses, but mostly I want to hear the juicy stories.

Please stay within MFP guidelines.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Tell me your experiences with lying. Your most interesting. Your most subtle, profitable, or mutually acceptable. Tell me about when you got caught in a lie.

Tell me the ones you’re ashamed of and the ones that secretly make you gloat.

I’d like to hear your reasons and excuses, but mostly I want to hear the juicy stories.

Please stay within MFP guidelines.

I sometimes pretend like people said something different than what they said. That being said I love pies. I'm all about pies. Pies, Pies, Pies!

It's the best.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited September 2019
    Options
    My best lies, the most convincing, have been half truths. Or half lies. However you want to say it. Lies of omission are pretty effective too.

And in my younger years I was the master at preemptive confessions. I’d be just about to be caught and deliver academy worthy confessions. “Mommy, I know you said not to have anyone over while you were at work but she just stopped by and is really upset because her parents are getting divorced.”

As a teenager I’d leave my diary lying around with bogus entries in it because I knew it would be read.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    One of the best lies I ever told was to my cat. I was like, "Cat, you're dumb".

Still laughing about that one.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    most recent little white lie was when i told someone "I think this is a great idea." pretty good one imho

the times i cheated were pretty bad though i guess. the marriage ended eventually for other reasons really. and she is much happier now and doing much better than we ever were together. i had some amazing years with the last person i'd cheated with afterwards, and i don't regret having her in my life in any way.

but idk if i'd do it again if i had the choice. it's hard to say because i've changed so much from who i was, the guy who proposed. i barely remember that guy's motivations anymore and i don't think who i am now would have gotten married to begin with. too much is different now.

can't change the past though. gotta keep moving forward.

the married/otherwise attached girls i've cheated with in the past though i never really felt bad about. if it hadn't been me it would've been someone else, so it might as well have been me, who actually cared in some kind of way
    tl;dr ❤️
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    When I was about 8 I opened a package of chocolates I saw in the kitchen. My mom got mad and asked "WHO OPENED THIS BOX OF CHOCOLATES?" Apparently they were supposed to be a Christmas present for someone. I said "I don't remember, maybe I did it when I was asleep." She said something like "I think somebody knows who opened the chocolates", and then dropped it.

I felt so bad, every time I've consider lying since, I remember this.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    When I was about 8 I opened a package of chocolates I saw in the kitchen. My mom got mad and asked "WHO OPENED THIS BOX OF CHOCOLATES?" Apparently they were supposed to be a Christmas present for someone. I said "I don't remember, maybe I did it when I was asleep." She said something like "I think somebody knows who opened the chocolates", and then dropped it.

I felt so bad, every time I've consider lying since, I remember this.

you are so rare and i can’t find a good enough emoji
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I just told a client I had to take this other call so I could get off the phone and then I didn't answer the other call. I just didn't feel like listening to the client whine. That's the first lie I've told today.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I had one friend who used to wear some crazy hairstyles and outfits. When we were younger I stretched the truth telling her she looked nice when she didn’t.

Other than that, I don’t lie.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I had one friend who used to wear some crazy hairstyles and outfits. When we were younger I stretched the truth telling her she looked nice when she didn’t.

I believe you
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

I believe you

I can never tell if you are sarcastic or serious. 😋

• George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    most recent little white lie was when i told someone "I think this is a great idea." pretty good one imho

the times i cheated were pretty bad though i guess. the marriage ended eventually for other reasons really. and she is much happier now and doing much better than we ever were together. i had some amazing years with the last person i'd cheated with afterwards, and i don't regret having her in my life in any way.

but idk if i'd do it again if i had the choice. it's hard to say because i've changed so much from who i was, the guy who proposed. i barely remember that guy's motivations anymore and i don't think who i am now would have gotten married to begin with. too much is different now.

can't change the past though. gotta keep moving forward.

the married/otherwise attached girls i've cheated with in the past though i never really felt bad about. if it hadn't been me it would've been someone else, so it might as well have been me, who actually cared in some kind of way

You're such a cowboy 😂🤣
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

I believe you

I can never tell if you are sarcastic or serious. 😋

I know! I hate that!

I think I just say things and they sound so ridiculous that people think I’m joking. I get away with a lot that way.

Now I think of it, that’s what everyone on MFP does - I’m joking if you are.

I was serious about believing you.

Though it is just exactly what a liar would say. hmmmmmm.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Just don't believe anything I say, how 'bout that
    i gotchu
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Basically everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt because I lie like a cat in the sun

Can’t really trust anything that comes outta my mouth
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Sometimes I don’t know if I’m lying or just being optimistic
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Basically everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt because I lie like a cat in the sun

Can’t really trust anything that comes outta my mouth

So what you just said is bs and you’re really a truth broker ??