Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Super random, but does anyone who was a kid in the 2000s remember those yogurt-covered cluster-like snacks that came in pouches?? They were like crunchy... chocolaty and strawberry. I'm searching but can't find any pictures!

You have me thinking of nougat clusters.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    cinnamon toast!!! I'd forgotten those! And I agree who needs a recipe for that? LOL!!!

We also would eat bread with condensed milk. And sometimes, to make it even yummier, add some Nesquick on top.

Or just condensed milk straight out of the can - especially after keeping it in the fridge for a while - open - and you get a hard kind of consistency. OMG.

Too sweet now, can't handle it so well anymore!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Ripe tomatoes, right off the vine! (I am with you @lynn_glenmont !)
    Also blackberries and muscadines, right off the vine, so warm and sweet!
    Cold milk, drunk after you first shook the jar to mix the cream back in.
    Homemade rum ice cream!
    Thin pancakes (not crepes, but not fluffy American standard pancakes) with a bit of powdered sugar and some lemon juice.
    Homemade fudge.
    My dad's homemade black-bottom pie!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I've been thinking of a few, other threads have helped me remember.

Cheddar n' Bacon Easy Cheese on top of Ritz Crackers
    Ritz cracker cheese sandwiches (the baby ones)
    Squeeze It drinks
    Brown sugar poptarts with butter on top
    Lunchables pizza
    Butter pecan ice cream (which I honestly didn't care for, but we always had it)
    Fruit roll-ups
    Vienna hot dogs, fried to a crisp on the grill
    Those flat, square pizza slices you got at school. I loved those, idc.
    Also, the milk cartons you got at school, or the juice cartons where you stabbed a straw through the foil top

That's all I can remember right now.

This was like, regular stuff too, not treats. We ate a lot of fast food too. Chicken nuggets from burger king was definitely a common meal. Same with roast beef sandwiches from arbys.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I've been thinking of a few, other threads have helped me remember.

Cheddar n' Bacon Easy Cheese on top of Ritz Crackers
    Ritz cracker cheese sandwiches (the baby ones)
    Squeeze It drinks
    Brown sugar poptarts with butter on top
    Lunchables pizza
    Butter pecan ice cream (which I honestly didn't care for, but we always had it)
    Fruit roll-ups
    Vienna hot dogs, fried to a crisp on the grill
    Those flat, square pizza slices you got at school. I loved those, idc.
    Also, the milk cartons you got at school, or the juice cartons where you stabbed a straw through the foil top

That's all I can remember right now.

This was like, regular stuff too, not treats. We ate a lot of fast food too. Chicken nuggets from burger king was definitely a common meal. Same with roast beef sandwiches from arbys.

OH yes I think we were sisters living in the same house! haha

We ate all of that stuff too, except the Squeeze It drinks - probably because I'm older and didn't have siblings.

As for the school pizza squares...I only had that once or twice, I thought the cheese tasted weird...but my friend said her mom worked at a factory where they made it and they always had cases of it in a deep freezer.

My dad and I used to get Arby's roast beef sandwiches every time my mom was out of town for business. Every single time. And cheap Pet Ritz strawberry or chocolate pies from the freezer section that tasted like ice and little else.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    ps5135ruupk7.jpg

Homemade Cherry Mash candy was the BEST Christmas candy!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Super random, but does anyone who was a kid in the 2000s remember those yogurt-covered cluster-like snacks that came in pouches?? They were like crunchy... chocolaty and strawberry. I'm searching but can't find any pictures!

I dont remember those, but I am still trying to find someone who remembers these mini cinnamon rolls they made. They looked like mini cinnamon rolls but were made with oats. I was 99% sure it was quaker, but could not find it after looking for ages on google etc. They were a small snack pack with like 5 dime sized oat baked cinnamon "rolls" with icing. I used to microwave them and they were delicious!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

I dont remember those, but I am still trying to find someone who remembers these mini cinnamon rolls they made. They looked like mini cinnamon rolls but were made with oats. I was 99% sure it was quaker, but could not find it after looking for ages on google etc. They were a small snack pack with like 5 dime sized oat baked cinnamon "rolls" with icing. I used to microwave them and they were delicious!

I'll help you look! I'm still searching for what i was looking for... so hard to explain but I can taste them on my tongue... very light texture. Cloudy... clusters. I think they were available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member

Something similar to this?
    z0wz31in4ktn.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

Something similar to this?
    z0wz31in4ktn.png

p9pndyh09w02.png