• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    noblsheep wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn Please tell us all about it :D
    https://www.bigfoot200.com/

• MNLittleFinn
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all, hope everyone are having good races/weekend runs.

I'm on call this weekend, and so far have had horrible call outs with next to no sleep. 5hrs of broken sleep per night is no fun. Still on call tonight so hopefully I 3ither get nothing at all (please!), or I get a magical call at 5am after I've had a solid 8hrs, and then I get most of a day off work.

Consequently I haven't started my weight programme, was going to try start yesterday. But thats OK. I'll start tomorrow (Monday) and incorporate it into my morning routine - weights then a run sounds wonderful.

Hubby is playing a chess tournament all day so today is going to be plant shopping, gardening and hopefully relaxing.

sounds like a super busy time for you! Hopefully you do get some rest today/tonight. Sounds like you have an awesome plan, incorporating your weight program into your morning routine. Before you know it, It'll be just another part of your day.
  • MNLittleFinn
    @ariceroni 50k are fun. Nice running today, you've got plenty of time to rock your ultra!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,433 Member
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner and @rheddmobile great job on your 5K! WTG on your 1st place AG! It's so cool that y'all got to meet IRL!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Question: My 15K is in 5 weeks. How far of a pace run should I be doing? I’m at 4.5M which is just shy of half the distance. Should I increase by another .5 or 1 over the next few weeks or is half the distance appropriate? My long runs over the next few weeks will take me to 1 mile over the race distance. The plan I’m following is 2 easy runs, an interval run, a long run, and a pace run. I think it may be a little too speed heavy. Maybe I should do a pace run and intervals every two weeks instead? Normally intervals are on Monday, Pace is Thursday. I don’t want to overtrain. But I don’t want to be under prepared. Outside of running, I’m quite active and my legs are feeling fatigued.

Well, first off, do not worry. You could run that race any week now based on what I read in your reports. You have run the full distances more than once in the past month.

As for the pace runs, I would say no need to go beyond 80% of the distance, but some would say 50% is fine. Remember during training, if you are doing it right, you are ALWAYS running on tired legs. That is why you tapper before a race that you really want to perform in.

Also, you can definitely do 100% or 125% at pace - BUT your risk for injury goes up the harder you push. I am training for a 10-mile race and am doing my pace runs at 10-11 miles, but I have been running for well over a decade now and I know when to stop and walk, when to DNS or DNF.

For most people, 50%-80% is probably the right range. Most of all listen to your body and adapt as you go.

• PastorVincent
    So... a little explanation about me saying do not be me last night.... I may have signed up for another race already.........LOL

Oh in that case I am you :D

Signed my entire family up for a new race last night! HA!

Were we all affected by the 13th? And I don't even believe in that! But I did a mass signup on a bunch of races last night, too!

Edit to add: I'm guessing my races (all of them combined) are a lot shorter than yours. What did you sign up for?????

Actually probably not this time. The race is 4-5 miles, but it is an obstacle course run. "Stop Drop and Run" - put no by the fire department. It is totally a "for fun" race.
  • PastorVincent
    Went expoloering again at lunch. This time I used a device the wetlanders call a bridge and crossed the river to see what was over there. Plenty of pictures in the spoiler tags.
    xqjmjede4jed.jpg
    rvwmzxe0192y.jpg
    0xq2zc0h9mp2.jpg
    ggy7666r4whm.jpg
    35m36623ece3.jpg
    yqhe5p7vnkqh.jpg
    46nz13y1iwe8.jpg
    oj6k6fiwo9fv.jpg
    kvw1g2fhu5ip.jpg
    cbt4vx0zjtnj.jpg

These are all #shotoniphone

I keep thinking I should go back with my camera, but that would take a special trip and planing. iPhone is easier for these random wanderings.

Love the pictures! The GAP trail starts there at the fountain on the Point, if you haven't already checked that out! When I biked it a few years ago, that section was a little confusing though as far as where the trail actually was :D (Or maybe I was just disoriented from cycling all day and now having less than a mile to go and not being able to follow directions.)

Yeah. It is part of the rails to trail project that connects Washington State with DC. The idea is you can bike/run the entire way on the one trail, but here in Pittsburgh, it is very confusing. Still figuring it out.
  • PastorVincent
    So tired! But wanted to post and say I really enjoyed meeting @T1DCarnivoreRunner at the West Cancer Center 5k today. We forgot to get a photo together!

I had a great time, 1st in AG (actually 3rd of 41 in AG but both the master and grandmaster were from my group so I ended up 1st) and my husband was 3rd in his AG. I’ll write a proper race report later. Not a PR but a PR for this course which is a little long - last year my gps said 3.36, this year I got 3.27 miles but they routed us slightly differently - in fact all three years I have run it the course map was the same but the directions on course were different!

Well done!
  • PastorVincent
    So I did it! First half marathon done and feels really good to have completed it! I’ll write up my first ever race report tomorrow, but in short I did it 2:25! Garmin and strava had differnent final distances which were more than 13.1.. is that normal? Cause I had better times on those than actual chip time lol

YAY!!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • PastorVincent
    So I did it! First half marathon done and feels really good to have completed it! I’ll write up my first ever race report tomorrow, but in short I did it 2:25! Garmin and strava had differnent final distances which were more than 13.1.. is that normal? Cause I had better times on those than actual chip time lol

Strava is wrong. :) Strava counts "moving time" only so it subtracts off any time you were not moving fast enough for it to think you were running. Garmin does not do that. There is a setting someplace in Strava to turn off that feature, but I forget where.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    So tired! But wanted to post and say I really enjoyed meeting @T1DCarnivoreRunner at the West Cancer Center 5k today. We forgot to get a photo together!

I had a great time, 1st in AG (actually 3rd of 41 in AG but both the master and grandmaster were from my group so I ended up 1st) and my husband was 3rd in his AG. I’ll write a proper race report later. Not a PR but a PR for this course which is a little long - last year my gps said 3.36, this year I got 3.27 miles but they routed us slightly differently - in fact all three years I have run it the course map was the same but the directions on course were different!

Great job!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    @rheddmobile So sorry to read about the break in to your car and theft of all of your running gear. I know that is upsetting and replacing everything is going to be a pain. I am glad that you had your id's and keys with you. Nice that your picture is on the flyer for the race. Hope you can get a copy of the photo for yourself!

@shanaber Looks like a nice place to run and then walk and relax. Glad you had such a great day...on the 11th. I'm so far behind on this thread! LOL

Welcome @anichkata1 !

@Avidkeo Glad the mold wasn't as bad as you expected. Good luck with the weight loss challenge! You can do it!

Yeah @polska_girl ! Glad you don't have to have surgery!

@7lenny7 I really don't eat pickles. I wonder if vinegar alone would do the same thing. Just asking for the future, if I ever run enough to get cramps. So far, that hasn't happened. (Knock on wood.) 10K has been my longest run.
    Glad your Friday the 13th Full Moon Howl went well! The pictures are great.

@polskagirl01 I wouldn't want to run in an area with wild boars either. That looks like a neat place though. Which virtual race are you doing?

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Went expoloering again at lunch. This time I used a device the wetlanders call a bridge and crossed the river to see what was over there. Plenty of pictures in the spoiler tags.
    xqjmjede4jed.jpg
    rvwmzxe0192y.jpg
    0xq2zc0h9mp2.jpg
    ggy7666r4whm.jpg
    35m36623ece3.jpg
    yqhe5p7vnkqh.jpg
    46nz13y1iwe8.jpg
    oj6k6fiwo9fv.jpg
    kvw1g2fhu5ip.jpg
    cbt4vx0zjtnj.jpg

These are all #shotoniphone

I keep thinking I should go back with my camera, but that would take a special trip and planing. iPhone is easier for these random wanderings.

Love the pictures! The GAP trail starts there at the fountain on the Point, if you haven't already checked that out! When I biked it a few years ago, that section was a little confusing though as far as where the trail actually was :D (Or maybe I was just disoriented from cycling all day and now having less than a mile to go and not being able to follow directions.)

Yeah. It is part of the rails to trail project that connects Washington State with DC. The idea is you can bike/run the entire way on the one trail, but here in Pittsburgh, it is very confusing. Still figuring it out.

What?! A trail all the way from Washington State to DC?! How did I not know about this? That would be a fantastically long trail!