September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Yeah, @PastorVincent just do you, don't worry about embarrassing the slower runners. As long as you aren't yelling any snide remarks at them as you walk past, but of course I know you wouldn't do that.

He doesn't even want to say ANYTHING to them!

f7osyqmb2e89.png
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Great report @7lenny7
    I'd probably have to quit if i get stung. I swell like a balloon
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 incredible photos and great fun! Awesome race report, and loving the camping set up!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Great report @7lenny7 - looks like a beautiful place to race! But next time try not angering the wasp...
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Well done, @7lenny7 !!!
    You broke 7 hours moving time.
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I wasnt going to run today after some hip pain yesterday and 26,000 steps. The pain however went as quickly as it arrived, so today was a gentle 5k.

A quick look at my garmin suggests that my gps is cutting out a few metres either side of one road. Given I do two laps I might just be doing an extra 20-25 metres each run.

Goals September:
    13 Runs................................5 run
    71km....................................27km
    5km PB.................................Done 1 & 7 Sep
    6km PB.................................Done 1 & 7 Sep
    7km.......................................x
    Child to do 5km...................Done 5 Sep
    Child to do r/w of 10/1m....x
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great race reports @MegaMooseEsq and @7lenny7!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I didn't mean to fail to acknowledge your race report @MegaMooseEsq! It was a great report, I just missed it under the spoiler. Great job persevering through all that and your not-so-ideal training!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to fail to acknowledge your race report @MegaMooseEsq! It was a great report, I just missed it under the spoiler. Great job persevering through all that and your not-so-ideal training!

No worries - my feelings weren't hurt. Although I did put "RACE REPORT" in all caps before the tag. ;)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,986 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 Oh NO!!! That looks very painful and would have been scary. I'm not sure I could have done it. Hope it isn't too bad today and that you heal quickly.

@MNLittleFinn Amazing run!

@MegaMooseEsq Congratulations on your HM! Great race report!

@PastorVincent Nice picture. Glad to know that technique works. The things you learn on a running site! :wink:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Great report @7lenny7 - beautiful pictures!
    But I got a little worried when I saw the spoiler right after the description about lubing everything 😆😱

Hahaha - I had the same worry! 😱
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Belated Race Report

Great report. Beautiful photos. I’d love to run here.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    5.27 miles tonight. Was supposed to be intervals, but struggled to get my HR as high as I wanted. Ended up with just a couple intervals after about 2-3 miles of "warm-up" (i.e. trying to get HR higher, but struggling to keep pace up). I was later able to push harder, so clearly my problem was all mental. Maybe I should try again for intervals tomorrow.

exercise.png