September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Went expoloering again at lunch. This time I used a device the wetlanders call a bridge and crossed the river to see what was over there. Plenty of pictures in the spoiler tags.
    xqjmjede4jed.jpg
    rvwmzxe0192y.jpg
    0xq2zc0h9mp2.jpg
    ggy7666r4whm.jpg
    35m36623ece3.jpg
    yqhe5p7vnkqh.jpg
    46nz13y1iwe8.jpg
    oj6k6fiwo9fv.jpg
    kvw1g2fhu5ip.jpg
    cbt4vx0zjtnj.jpg

These are all #shotoniphone

I keep thinking I should go back with my camera, but that would take a special trip and planing. iPhone is easier for these random wanderings.

Love the pictures! The GAP trail starts there at the fountain on the Point, if you haven't already checked that out! When I biked it a few years ago, that section was a little confusing though as far as where the trail actually was :D (Or maybe I was just disoriented from cycling all day and now having less than a mile to go and not being able to follow directions.)

Yeah. It is part of the rails to trail project that connects Washington State with DC. The idea is you can bike/run the entire way on the one trail, but here in Pittsburgh, it is very confusing. Still figuring it out.

What?! A trail all the way from Washington State to DC?! How did I not know about this? That would be a fantastically long trail!

Yep. It is not complete yet, but I think it is over 50% done now. Details here:

https://www.railstotrails.org/greatamericanrailtrail/
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent nice pictures!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent nice pictures!

Thanks!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Went expoloering again at lunch. This time I used a device the wetlanders call a bridge and crossed the river to see what was over there. Plenty of pictures in the spoiler tags.
    xqjmjede4jed.jpg
    rvwmzxe0192y.jpg
    0xq2zc0h9mp2.jpg
    ggy7666r4whm.jpg
    35m36623ece3.jpg
    yqhe5p7vnkqh.jpg
    46nz13y1iwe8.jpg
    oj6k6fiwo9fv.jpg
    kvw1g2fhu5ip.jpg
    cbt4vx0zjtnj.jpg

I keep thinking I should go back with my camera, but that would take a special trip and planing. iPhone is easier for these random wanderings.

Love the pictures! The GAP trail starts there at the fountain on the Point, if you haven't already checked that out! When I biked it a few years ago, that section was a little confusing though as far as where the trail actually was :D (Or maybe I was just disoriented from cycling all day and now having less than a mile to go and not being able to follow directions.)

Yeah. It is part of the rails to trail project that connects Washington State with DC. The idea is you can bike/run the entire way on the one trail, but here in Pittsburgh, it is very confusing. Still figuring it out.

What?! A trail all the way from Washington State to DC?! How did I not know about this? That would be a fantastically long trail!

I wonder how much of it follows roads though. Almost all of the GAP [Great Allegheny Passage, which then connects to the C&O Towpath] is on a rail-trail and gets you Pittsburgh-D.C.
    In Pittsburgh, if you can just get past the first mile or so, it gets more obvious where the trail is.
  • polskagirl01
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I wouldn't want to run in an area with wild boars either. That looks like a neat place though. Which virtual race are you doing?
    It's connected to a race series in the local Botanical gardens, so the medal will actually fit (I think) with the others from the real races I'm doing.
    regular series, I missed the summer one:
    c6etslc3qekx.jpg
    Virtual race, we're encouraged to do it in a park or something similar.b2bvy917s6n9.jpg
    Everything's in Polish though, and I'm not sure they'll ship medals to other countries.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    xqjmjede4jed.jpg
    rvwmzxe0192y.jpg
    0xq2zc0h9mp2.jpg
    ggy7666r4whm.jpg
    35m36623ece3.jpg
    yqhe5p7vnkqh.jpg
    46nz13y1iwe8.jpg
    oj6k6fiwo9fv.jpg
    kvw1g2fhu5ip.jpg
    cbt4vx0zjtnj.jpg

I wonder how much of it follows roads though. Almost all of the GAP [Great Allegheny Passage, which then connects to the C&O Towpath] is on a rail-trail and gets you Pittsburgh-D.C.
    In Pittsburgh, if you can just get past the first mile or so, it gets more obvious where the trail is.

None. Check out the project. They are doing to avoid roads. :)

Details:
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Bartacles wrote: »
    September goal: 45 mi running

9/10: 3.2, walk 1.9
    9/11: walk 5.3
    9/12: walk 4.1
    9/13: 3.1, walk 2.4

5k test yesterday, new PR of 26 min! I'm stoked, previous PR was over 29 mins.

Congratulations!! Great run and to PR by over 3 minutes is fantastic!!

Happy Anniversary @marisap2010 !
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Wow! Well done!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

Wow! Well done!

+1000
  • polskagirl01
    edited September 2019
    Options
    xqjmjede4jed.jpg
    rvwmzxe0192y.jpg
    0xq2zc0h9mp2.jpg
    ggy7666r4whm.jpg
    35m36623ece3.jpg
    yqhe5p7vnkqh.jpg
    46nz13y1iwe8.jpg
    oj6k6fiwo9fv.jpg
    kvw1g2fhu5ip.jpg
    cbt4vx0zjtnj.jpg

None. Check out the project. They are doing to avoid roads. :)

Details:

Very cool.