Team Nanoose-September Tribal Challenge (Closed Group)

Options
Welcome Team Nanoose (which means "to push forward"…very fitting)! I'm so glad we were able to get a team together for this challenge. From the looks of the August Challenge, we are going to have our work cut out for us but it will also be a lot of fun. Our team members are listed below, please add them as friends and remember to stay in contact and support one another. This will be our team forum for the month, I will post any instructions I get from Gary6030 here, we can post our progress, and provide support and motivation to one another. Also, Bre_Deveraux will be serving as co-captain should the need arise.

There will be both daily and weekly challenges at two different levels (beginner/low intensity and advanced/high intensity). Do the level you are most comfortable with, or feel free to mix and match exercises from both levels. Remember that these are IN ADDITION to your normal workout routine. The daily challenges are individual, and each person will need to do them each day (Mon-Sat, Sunday is a rest day). In addition there will be weekly team challenges (example: team must complete 2000 crunches, etc.). These challenges will be split up between the members, with the goal to get the whole team to that total. The points will work as follows:

>1 point for each pound lost per team member
>1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
>1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week
there will be a different challenge per member.

BONUS POINTS
o Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points
o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

Remember this is all done on the honor system, no one is there checking to be sure you did this. However, the person who is really going to be hurt, by not doing them and lying, is yourself. Don’t feel like you need to lie so you don’t let the team down…do what you can and try again the next day. We are all here if you need support!

Team:
1. Babybluz33 (captain)
2. Bre_Deveraux (co-captain)
3. Tanisha1990
4. Ashley26704
5. Rtalencar85
6. Bens_mommy
7. Scantril
8. AMKL2007
9. Steph_135
10. ZannahDia

I will post the first week’s challenges and any instructions from Gary6030 as soon as I get them, they will begin on September 1st (Thursday). Also, please get me your starting weight before Thursday. So glad you are all on my team, let’s kick some butt!!!!!

-Michele

Replies

• bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I am so excited! Let's get tribal, people! :devil:
  • ZannahDia
    Options
    I can't wait!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'm ready, my last month in the US before going overseas for work for 3 months. I want to make it a good one!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yeah Team Nanoose!! Thanks Michele!

I'll be going on a trip from Sept 2-5th, so I'll need to know the challenges before the 2nd so I can do them while I'm away. :happy:

I'm excited to meet you all. :flowerforyou: I've Steph (of course).
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    I'm excited to meet you all as well! I'm Amy! I know we can kick the crap out of September!
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    I'm excited to meet you all as well! I'm Amy! I know we can kick the crap out of September!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yeah Team Nanoose!! Thanks Michele!

I'll be going on a trip from Sept 2-5th, so I'll need to know the challenges before the 2nd so I can do them while I'm away. :happy:

I'm excited to meet you all. :flowerforyou: I've Steph (of course).

No problem, I'm glad it all worked out! I believe we will know the challenges for the entire week ahead of time. So you should know before you leave. I'll post more info as soon as I have it!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Amy, did you make that graphic??? It's beautiful. Mind if I steal it for my signature too?
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm excited to be a part of this challenge with you. :smile: I've sent out friend requests to you all so that we can keep in contact throughout the week.

Steph, I'm also going out of town Sept 1-5 (Dragon Con!) but will hopefully be able to complete all the challenges while away. Let's go Team Nanoose! We're gonna blow September out of the water. :happy:
  • AMKL2007
    Options
    Thanks Michele! I'm really looking forward to this challenge. Thank you for spear-heading as team captain.

Ann Marie
  • AMKL2007
    Options
    Hi Team Nanoose!

It's great to be a part of this team. I look forward to beating the challenges with all of you.

Ann Marie
  • ashley26704
    ashley26704 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I cant wait!
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    Amy, did you make that graphic??? It's beautiful. Mind if I steal it for my signature too?

Oh my goodness, thank you! And yes please, steal it! And anyone else who would like to do so! I would be honored!
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    I'm Bre and I will be co-captain !

As I am finishing up the Augusta challenge I am eager to start this one !

A few encouraging words to you all, is do your best ! The intensity of each weekly challenge increases as the month rolls on but don't feel bad if you cant complete something or miss a day . Of course we want to win but, ultimately we want to get and stay healthy !
  • babybluz33
    Options
    I'm Bre and I will be co-captain !

As I am finishing up the Augusta challenge I am eager to start this one !

A few encouraging words to you all, is do your best ! The intensity of each weekly challenge increases as the month rolls on but don't feel bad if you cant complete something or miss a day . Of course we want to win but, ultimately we want to get and stay healthy !

Bre, thanks for being co-captain, and I'm also glad we have someone on the team that is doing the August challenge! That will come in handy since I'm new to the challenge.
  • tanisha1990
    Options
    hi guys
    its great to have a team together im reallyexcited and a bit confused but im sure i will get it all once started :)
    so lets kick the butt out of september
    Tanisha x
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Alright team, I have the first week's challenges. However, I'm waiting for some clarification before posting them. I want to make sure we start this thing off right. Also, there will be youtube videos to refer to (which I'll get tomorrow) so I will post them along side the exercises. The beginner exercises are called the pygmy challenges, and the more advanced the bushman exercises....so be sure you are looking at the correct ones.

In the meantime, be sure to add everyone on the team to your friends (if you haven't done so already), and get me your starting weight. Go ahead and send me a message with it so it's easy for me to find.

Also, an edit to the original rules-points will not be given for number of lbs but for % lost.

Talk to you tomorrow!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    rtalencar... Where are you going to work overseas?

Amy... I want to steal your image too!! :love: Thank you for sharing!

scantrll... Dragon Con? Is that like a convention for Dragon enthusiasts?

Thanks for the encouragement Bre!

Tanisha... No worries, I'm confused too!

Can't wait to see what the challenges are! :happy:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    rtalencar... Where are you going to work overseas?

I live in New York, and will be in Sao Paulo, Brazil for 3 months. I'm half Brazilian so it'll be nice to see family, but leaving my fiance behind is going to be rough. I'm hoping to use the time to get in shape for my wedding though!
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    scantrll... Dragon Con? Is that like a convention for Dragon enthusiasts?

http://dragoncon.org/ Its one of the largest Sci-Fi/Fantasy conventions in the country. In 2009 there were 35,000 people in Atlanta for it over the course of 4 days. And it keeps getting bigger. I've been going since I was 15 and its always a ton of fun! This is the 3rd year my b/f is going with me. You never know who you're going to meet there! :happy: