More than 100 lb loss and have maintained 2 years

ChelleDee07
ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
edited September 2019 in Success Stories
Yesterday marked 2 years of being in maintenance for me. I have maintained my 100 lb loss and have actually dropped more. I started my weight loss journey January 11th, 2017. I changed everything. I got up off of the couch and became active in the gym. I changed my diet and started eating healthier and appropriate portions. In 8 months and 4 (September 15th, 2017) days I reached my goal of 100 lbs down.

qqvxcgtvvuox.jpeg

There was a time I never would have shared my before picture. I shared it on Facebook for the first time about six months ago. I was so self conscious of how I looked, even after the loss. Truth is I had already lost 12.4 lbs when I took the picture. The picture on the right was taken 3 months ago and I’m close to the same now. I am currently about 5 lbs lighter and have a little more muscle mass.

I share this picture because it allows a true visual of my lifestyle change. I took progress pictures frequently and I always recommend it anytime someone reaches out to me. Progress pictures show change when the scale may not.

I share this to motivate and inspire. I had the naysayers and I was faced with the negative comments even after I lost 100 lbs. One that I vividly remember was “Will it Last”?

I share this in hopes that I can help someone improve their quality of life the way I have. Ex. 20 miles of biking consecutively this morning! I can guarantee that would never have happened for me at 260 lbs.

I share this because someone needs to see it today.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to the max. There will be temptation. BUT, I promise you when you reach GOAL... It's Worth It!!

Replies

• idreamincolor5
    idreamincolor5 Posts: 11 Member
    You look amazing! You are a true inspiration. :)
  • h2HOcanaduh
    h2HOcanaduh Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2019
    You look amazing! WTG!
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Great job!
  • ChelleDee07
    You look amazing! You are a true inspiration. :)
    You look amazing! WTG!
    vaman wrote: »
    Great job!

Thanks guys!
  • Eri_Nash
    Eri_Nash Posts: 7 Member
    Congrats!
  • ChelleDee07
    Eri_Nash wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thank you! Always a work in progress. Just like to share and hope to inspire others.
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Yes!! Thank you so much for sharing, you are an inspiration. You look wonderful!

I have several naysayers in my life too, I'm hoping I will prove them wrong this time.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    This is amazing and what you're right just what I needed. I am down 72lbs with about 40 more to go until I hit goal. Thanks for sharing!
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Wow you're amazing! You look incredible, way to work it lady!!!
  • Thank you so much for sharing this! I really needed to see this today. I am about 10.8 pounds down in my 80 pound journey and I am having a tough day. I am on my fifth week of my lifestyle change. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • ChelleDee07
    Yes!! Thank you so much for sharing, you are an inspiration. You look wonderful!

I have several naysayers in my life too, I'm hoping I will prove them wrong this time.

Don't let them pull you down... let that just drive you more. Prove them Wrong! Show them you are the one who is in control. We get to decide how we want to live in our own skin. Keep your focus. Set small goals on the way to the final/big goal. You have the power and strength!! <3
  • ChelleDee07
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    This is amazing and what you're right just what I needed. I am down 72lbs with about 40 more to go until I hit goal. Thanks for sharing!

You've got this!! 72 lbs gone is a HUGE accomplishment. If you can do that, you can certainly lose that last 40!!
  • ChelleDee07
    bear2303 wrote: »
    Wow you're amazing! You look incredible, way to work it lady!!!

Thank you, ma'am! I just wish I had changed my lifestyle years earlier.
  • ChelleDee07
    Thank you so much for sharing this! I really needed to see this today. I am about 10.8 pounds down in my 80 pound journey and I am having a tough day. I am on my fifth week of my lifestyle change. Thank you for the inspiration!

You will have good and bad days... just get your head on straight and aim for more 'good' than the 'bad'. If you have a setback, don't let it keep you down. Get back up and keep pushing forward. It is all about what you do the majority of the time. If you have one bad meal, that won't upset all your hard work. However, if you let that one bad meal turn into two, three, four... that is when you un-do all that hard work you've been putting in. It can be a slipperly slope. BUT you've already lost more than 10 lbs. You've made the hardest step of all... Getting Started. Now you have to stay motivated. Your goal is to lose 80 lbs but set smaller goals. Post them somewhere for you to keep yourself accountable. You can do this!!
  • ChelleDee07
    edited September 2019
    Y'all can go read more about my initial weight loss here if you are interested. I know reading the success stories when I was in the midst of my loss helped to keep me inspired/motivated. I just hope to do the same for someone else. If you scroll through all the comments, I have gone back to this post along the way to give updates with pictures. I actually just bumped the post so it can be found easier.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603791/more-than-100-lbs-loss-in-8-months-4-days/p1
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Thank you for posting this. Very inspirational! I read about your weight loss in the other threads and I appreciate you sharing your journey! I saw that you ate 1200 calories a day. When you inputted your goals into MFP..how many pounds a week did you put in as your goal? I find it hard to only eat that amount of calories. Were you ever hungry? I am taller than you (5"8') and I am currently 256 lbs. My goal weight is 160 lbs. I have back and knee problems and I have been trying to get moving more. A little bit of walking. I think if I could lose a little quicker I would be more motivated to get moving more, but on the same token, I don't want to set myself up for failure by eating less calories and getting hungry.
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Thank you @ChelleDee07 I have been food prepping for the week. I make BF, lunch, dinner and snacks and eat every two the three hours as often as possible. No processed food at all...or at least majority of the time, may use something for convenience purposes but very rarely. Right now I have it set to lose 1.5 lbs. a week and my calories are 1540. I was just thinking if I lowered it maybe it would come off quicker. I am 51 and I know people say age isn't a factor but I have found it was easier for me to lose weight when I was younger! Thank you for your input!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!