September 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @7lenny7 I think we can learn something from every race. Sometimes we learn something positive; sometimes we learn something negative; and sometimes we learn both. The important thing is to apply what we learn to future training and races.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @7lenny7 You managed the conditions you found yourself in quite well all things considered and you finished strong. Good job! :)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    @PastorVincent awesome job, congrats on the PR! I'm nowhere near that pace on a 5k.
    @7lenny7 sounds like you had a lot of things stacked against you. You still did great. Awesome running.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Surly Trail Loppet Half Marathon
    Minneapolis, MN
    In the last 4 miles I saw three runners down with what I assumed was heat exhaustion or dehydration. In each case I asked if I could help but in each case I was turned down as there was already medical help there. I was hoping I could help so I could stop running!
    Bless your heart! But it sounds like you did well, given the circumstances.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,430 Member
    @7lenny7 you did great in your HM with those conditions! And you took away many lessons that will help you in the future. That's a wonderful gift. Awesome job!
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent Congrats on the PR on really tough conditions!

WTG @rheddmobile on your impromptu 5K and AG place!

Seconded!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner that sucks about your infusion set. :( Gald you were able to finish despite it.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner Wow, but you finished anyway!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner wow, sounds like you had quite a bit stacked against you. you did an awesome job getting through it, and managing your insulin/glucose issues.

side note, I do some medical at races, trail races in particular, would having some u-100 syringes in my bag be worth something worth having, on the off chance I have a runner who experiences a similar issue?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner Wow! Sounds like you had a good plan that was fouled by the weather. So glad you made it through and were able to keep your BG somewhat under control. Hope you are feeling better today.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner Man, you're tough. Glad you were able to finish. Now rest and take care!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,430 Member
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner congrats on finishing your marathon. You sure had to deal with a lot of things most people don't even think about. But you managed it well. You really ought to get 2 medals for that race! 🏅💪