Last film you saw...

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Arrival
    9/10
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Hustlers This movie is what Scarface is to men, Hustlers will be for women. Non judgemental women who know that once you're over a certain age, the hustle is real, no matter your beauty or hot quotient. JLo & Constance Wu exemplify the realization and reality women in the adult industry face with the onset of the European explosion ... They're younger, prettier, and risk more in the lounges for far less - $300 per pop vs Ramona's club hustle squeezing as much of the $15,000 from high dollar marks.

Funniest too real scene you just have to wait for ... Destiny's regular receiving a telephone call from her. The struggle is real ... Wifey escape hatch >>> to the private of privates Lol.

If you want to see a movie that is "Power " meets "Kitchen" meets the entitled and selfless ruthless wiring of "Scarface" meets a comedic "Bunny ranch and G String divas" ...Watch this movie.
  • 777Gemma888
    Rambo: Last blood I enjoyed it. A very relatable storyline despite its atypical Rambo synopsis. Saddens me when I watch movies highlighting the idiocy of teens not listening . Sighs.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    The Florida Project

that movie created a crush on Willem Dafoe for me.
  • 777Gemma888
    Ad Astra

Did. Not. Like.

Watched the trailer ... Looked boring with way too much creative license@ law of physics. Brad Pitt's acting seems to have deviated from his comedic jerk persona, which does make me think twice about pushing through to watch it, if only to see him ACTUALLY act.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Saw an early screening of the movie Black & Blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfSeVCr7ng
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    The Florida Project

that movie created a crush on Willem Dafoe for me.

He is 64 but has the body of a 20 year old. Don't know he does it
  • 777Gemma888
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

Am not a Michael B Jordan fan, however, this collaboration with Foxx & the storyline looks like a movie I would want to make a point watching. Thank you!
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member

Am not a Michael B Jordan fan, however, this collaboration with Foxx & the storyline looks like a movie I would want to make a point watching. Thank you!

You are welcome. And I'm NOT a fan of his either. It premiered at a film festival and its an amazing film!
  • Rambo: Last blood I enjoyed it. A very relatable storyline despite its atypical Rambo synopsis. Saddens me when I watch movies highlighting the idiocy of teens not listening . Sighs.

Yep, I enjoyed this as well and my thoughts similar.

His last couple of movies have been good as he wraps up the Rambo and Ricky stories
  • Ad Astra

Did. Not. Like.

Watched the trailer ... Looked boring with way too much creative license@ law of physics. Brad Pitt's acting seems to have deviated from his comedic jerk persona, which does make me think twice about pushing through to watch it, if only to see him ACTUALLY act.

IMO, it is incredibly slow and boring. But, his acting was really good.

To me, whoever the director is, and whoever did the screenplay should be banned from doing movies again. It was haphazardly done in terms of blending new tech with 1960's or 70's era lifestyle, design and sci-fi.

I would have given it a better chance if I constantly didn't have to fight the urge to walk out because I was looking at 1960s technology.
  • Cutemesoon wrote: »

You are welcome. And I'm NOT a fan of his either. It premiered at a film festival and its an amazing film!

Interesting trailer. Might have to watch it.

I am not a fan of him at all. Don't like his acting style.

They have put him in as John Clark, the lead character of Tom Clancy's"Without Remorse". I am dreading it, because I dear he will destroy the character. But, when it comes out, I will see it with as much of an open mind as I can
  • It Chapter Two
  • 777Gemma888

They have put him in as John Clark, the lead character of Tom Clancy's"Without Remorse". I am dreading it, because I dear he will destroy the character. But, when it comes out, I will see it with as much of an open mind as I can

I was planning to read that. I will hold off until after watching the movie. Don't want to ruin it .
  • 777Gemma888
    Ad Astra

Did. Not. Like.

IMO, it is incredibly slow and boring. But, his acting was really good.

To me, whoever the director is, and whoever did the screenplay should be banned from doing movies again. It was haphazardly done in terms of blending new tech with 1960's or 70's era lifestyle, design and sci-fi.

I would have given it a better chance if I constantly didn't have to fight the urge to walk out because I was looking at 1960s technology.

Hmmm. .. Might save the movie for a slow week/month. Thanks S.

I was planning to read that. I will hold off until after watching the movie. Don't want to ruin it .

I would go ahead and read it. According to IMDB, it is in pre-production and is slated for a 2020 release. Seems far fetched for it to be next year as it doesn't list full cast.

I will be reading it again soon.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2019

I would go ahead and read it. According to IMDB, it is in pre-production and is slated for a 2020 release. Seems far fetched for it to be next year as it doesn't list full cast.

I don't want to dislike him for his interpretation, embodiment and portrayal of the character though S.

I don't want to dislike him for his interpretation, embodiment and portrayal of the character though S.

Understandable. I'm one who prefers to read a book before seeing the movie, as I like to see how close to the novel they make the movie.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Downton Abbey