Flavors of Childhood?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Two candy bars from the 1970s that I wish would make a comeback!

6d644f448400c99565d0ef883e82e51b.jpg
    CC_Super-Skrunch-unwrapped.jpg

l2nbz7qveace.png

The Willy Wonker Super Skrunch is the younger cousin to our Cadbury Crunchie bar, honeycomb bar.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Missed Peanut ruffs ....

c98iqde2ri8w.png

Until I'd discovered Bamba in the Israeli grocery store. Win!!

hfsf5s98wqs5.png

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Make a comeback? Never been away.

curly_wurly_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1543941315

Holy crap! I never knew this...thanks! I can get them on Amazon but not in US stores. I'll have to buy them to see if they taste like the American version.

Good to know!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    o73f86vxwzed.jpeg
    65797c43fksq.png

Blockbuster Video.

OMG yessss! This was such a treat. Mom would take me to get a movie and a candy or me and a friend during sleepovers. Even though the candy was so overpriced something about it being from blockbuster tasted better lol.

Always got the sour ropes and sour gel.

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else have these jello molds growing up?

ep8cgawi80x2.png
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    o73f86vxwzed.jpeg
    65797c43fksq.png

Blockbuster Video.

OMG yessss! This was such a treat. Mom would take me to get a movie and a candy or me and a friend during sleepovers. Even though the candy was so overpriced something about it being from blockbuster tasted better lol.

Always got the sour ropes and sour gel.

I was a baby bottle pop kid...

9cdn9iogjqsc.png
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    0abkfvdulujc.jpg

I liked vanilla. My sister strawberry. My brother was boring, predictable chocolate.

I was a strawberry person, my brother was the rest because he was our resident food inhaler.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    0abkfvdulujc.jpg

I liked vanilla. My sister strawberry. My brother was boring, predictable chocolate.

I was a strawberry person, my brother was the rest because he was our resident food inhaler.

I was a fan of the multi packs haha
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    29vsv2uel4rt.jpg

plus a large hawaiian blizzard lol
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

l2nbz7qveace.png

The Willy Wonker Super Skrunch is the younger cousin to our Cadbury Crunchie bar, honeycomb bar.

it looks good and looks similar but that one is not the same as the Super Skrunch bar. It was a peanut butter inside. BUt I will try them anyway :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    29vsv2uel4rt.jpg

I figured out what I actually love about the DQ meal above is just the chicken and the gravy, plus a packet of ketchup for alternating my dipping. I give my Texas toast and fries to my husband or mom. Gotta say I still love it though.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

l2nbz7qveace.png

it looks good and looks similar but that one is not the same as the Super Skrunch bar. It was a peanut butter inside. BUt I will try them anyway :)

Hmmm... Your one had peanut butter? Interesting.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    onepebble wrote: »
    The Aussie Hot Bread Kitchen franchise cream buns.

muofnwaii5px.png

Oh wow, this takes me back to my childhood - cream buns from the Rottnest Bakery in the 70s!
    (Home of the quokka)

Quokka's are adorable creatures, at least on videos they are. :)
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    yopkmbqbw3kh.jpg

I ALWAYS wanted these as a kid when we went to Sam's Club and my parents would never get them. I think we got to have them once and they were heavenly.

I was just thinking about these yesterday and was going to post them!

I'm going to start making my own.

Good idea
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    I used to have this cake with custard in school and I loved it. I decided to have a go at making it the other night and it turned out just right. Here’s my masterpiece below lol
    7czsy8rkr077.jpeg
    m0hqd2l5k8y5.jpeg

We'd eat steamed ginger pudding with custard at the boarding house during winter season. It wasn't a totally new concept, as my maternal grandmother would make her earth oven steamed spice pudding served with custard too. The hot dessert I really liked, which was different was the Self saucing chocolate pudding served with vanilla ice cream. On cold winter nights ... A treat.
    https://youtu.be/68uGMKdt9IY

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    We'd eat steamed ginger pudding with custard at the boarding house during winter season. It wasn't a totally new conce
    pt, a
    s my maternal grandmother would make her earth oven steamed spice pudding served with custard too. The hot dessert I really liked, which was different was the Self saucing chocolate pudding served with vanilla ice cream. On cold winter nights ... A treat.
    https://youtu.be/68uGMKdt9IY

Aren't you the someone who'd suggested and helped out with a few recipes, even a pretty uber traditional one?

Childhood ... The Christmas holidays and pudding with custard. Happy memories.

The boarding house fare weren't too bad. I believe that I can still finish an entire tray to myself now, without needing any ice cream. #Will always remember Ms Dodge and Mrs Halliwell
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

l2nbz7qveace.png

Hmmm... Your one had peanut butter? Interesting.

I'd have much preferred ours with peanut butter, peanuts crushed, even better.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Just thought of one that I don't think has been mentioned, bubble gum cigarettes! I used to love those packs! If you blew really hard on it sugar would fly out and it would look like smoke just like how the adults looked. I used to pretend I was my mom. Not surprisingly I ended up being a smoker at a young age!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    29vsv2uel4rt.jpg

I figured out what I actually love about the DQ meal above is just the chicken and the gravy, plus a packet of ketchup for alternating my dipping. I give my Texas toast and fries to my husband or mom. Gotta say I still love it though.

Same! Hated the bread. I like the ranch over the gravy though.