Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Miss NZ original Vogel's grain toasted bread with anchor butter & vegemite.
    kjthrk816sl4.png

Do you still remember this ad, whilst Flicky was doing the Cadbury ads?

https://youtu.be/6JVUPlrEVZk
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »
    Miss NZ original Vogel's grain toasted bread with anchor butter & vegemite.
    kjthrk816sl4.png

Do you still remember this ad, whilst Flicky was doing the Cadbury ads?

https://youtu.be/6JVUPlrEVZk

OMG yes. Seeing this ad reminds me of untoasted Vogel's bread with Manukau honey 😋. .. It is a good thing I don't need honey in my eats anymore. Otherwise, not getting this honey would be torture.

wu8c3iduf2bf.png

Yes, Flicky bouncing off pools of Cadbury chocolate like Alice in Wonderland. :)
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Quick!! I loved Quick too as a kid.

And also fairy bread at birthday parties.

semkmxwfol9o.jpg

I made some of this in the not so distant past. It was really good.
  • onepebble
    onepebble Posts: 22 Member
    The Aussie Hot Bread Kitchen franchise cream buns.

muofnwaii5px.png

Oh wow, this takes me back to my childhood - cream buns from the Rottnest Bakery in the 70s!
    (Home of the quokka)
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    I used to have this cake with custard in school and I loved it. I decided to have a go at making it the other night and it turned out just right. Here’s my masterpiece below lol
    7czsy8rkr077.jpeg
    m0hqd2l5k8y5.jpeg
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Two candy bars from the 1970s that I wish would make a comeback!

6d644f448400c99565d0ef883e82e51b.jpg
    CC_Super-Skrunch-unwrapped.jpg

Omg! That marathon bar I remember eating when I was really small and I could remember it in my head but not what it was called! It's always bugged me thanks for posting this❤️
  • Make a comeback? Never been away.

curly_wurly_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1543941315
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    yopkmbqbw3kh.jpg
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    yopkmbqbw3kh.jpg

I ALWAYS wanted these as a kid when we went to Sam's Club and my parents would never get them. I think we got to have them once and they were heavenly.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited September 2019
    Make a comeback? Never been away.

curly_wurly_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1543941315

Holy crap! I never knew this...thanks! I can get them on Amazon but not in US stores. I'll have to buy them to see if they taste like the American version.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    yopkmbqbw3kh.jpg

I ALWAYS wanted these as a kid when we went to Sam's Club and my parents would never get them. I think we got to have them once and they were heavenly.

I was just thinking about these yesterday and was going to post them!
  • pancakerunner
    yopkmbqbw3kh.jpg

I was just thinking about these yesterday and was going to post them!

I'm going to start making my own.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    I've had a couple of really specific one's that came to mind and then I really fell down the rabbit hole.

- Crappy concession stand popcorn and a pepsi as a "Team Treat" after a little league baseball game
    - Burger King breakfast on the way to the local amusement park
    - Grilled cheese sandwich with ruffles and a dill pickle, on a paper plate with one of those wicker holders; pretty standard lunch hanging out with my Dad on Saturdays when my mom would go out shopping
    - MarketDay stuff - bagel dogs, chilitos, chicken cordon bleu loaf-like things.
    - Dairy Queen vanilla soft serve, chocolate dipped
    - shake & bake pork chops
    - wild berry pop tarts (the one's with the purple and blue icing)
    - Trix yogurt
    - blueberry mini muffins
    - late night taco bell with friends when we'd stay at each others' houses as teenagers - a smattering of 5x crunchy tacos and 5x chili cheese burritos with a Baja Blast for like $6... no wonder I was fat.
    - Granny Smith Apple w/ skippy peanut butter (still eat this, was a staple snack as a kid though)
    - SuperPretzel Soft pretzels
    - Pretty much any Little Debbies snack cakes; zebra cakes, honey buns, oatmeal cream pies
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    @steveko89 You made me think of -

Ice cream sandwich after swimming at the local hot springs. Man, those were so good.
  • pancakerunner
    edited September 2019
    ul706cpam34e.jpg
    elpy0ugo1hbm.png
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Frozen chicken kiev! My Dad tried to convince me that they were fried hamsters, but even as a little kid, I didn’t fall for that.
    fihen24ezv8b.jpeg
    hbvaxjcrv2lk.jpeg
  • pancakerunner

Ice cream sandwich after swimming at the local hot springs. Man, those were so good.

After swimming practice my dad would always take my brother and I to BK for Herhsey's pies. Ahhh
  • pancakerunner
    0abkfvdulujc.jpg
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    edited September 2019

That does sound good. I was all about that popcorn, as long as we won and/or I didn't have a bad game. I would decide whether or not I "deserved" the post-game snack. In hindsight, it was not good popcorn by any stretch. Always excessively salty, a little dry, and crunchier than normal popcorn, but the combo of that popcorn (in a horribly designed bag) and fountain pepsi in a waxy cup without a lid was the first place my mind went when I read "flavors of childhood" having played knothole baseball at the same crappy field, literally next to cow pastures, from age 5-15
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    0abkfvdulujc.jpg

I liked vanilla. My sister strawberry. My brother was boring, predictable chocolate.