wwfyf97ium8i.png

Well of COURSE!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    nw3cjyudvf9t.jpeg
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    9bqoy51lux0a.png

Nougat bars. The Summer roll was my favourite.

Coles are selling bags of mini Summer Rolls now...amazing.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited September 2019
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    nw3cjyudvf9t.jpeg

OMG... I can taste it now!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    nw3cjyudvf9t.jpeg

We'd always get the meat version but man, I used to eat a ton of this as a kid. Completely forgot I did.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    smithker75 wrote: »
    9bqoy51lux0a.png

We do not have Coles here. 😢
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    9bqoy51lux0a.png

At $4.44 per bar@36 ct via Amazon, you can very well make your own. #Volunteer-taster :laugh:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    There is an old thread of someone who ate 3 cans of chef boyardee plus a multi vitamin per day as a kind of meal replacement shake diet.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/865676/chef-boyardee-diet/p1
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 877 Member
    My mom would boil a pork ‘cottage roll’. I loved it with mustard, and applesauce and mashed. Hard to find now. I tried to find one to make. It was an inexpensive meal.
    Also, one of my favourite lunches on a cold day was creamed salmon on toast. She’d use a can of salmon , put it in the frying pan and make a roux with milk . She’d pour it over the toast.
    How about ‘Angels on Horseback’? Toast cut into strips, layered with ketchup, bacon and grated cheese on top. Put on a cookie sheet under the broiler for a few minutes. Had them at pajama parties👩‍🍳
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    How about ‘Angels on Horseback’? Toast cut into strips, layered with ketchup, bacon and grated cheese on top. Put on a cookie sheet under the broiler for a few minutes. Had them at pajama parties👩‍🍳

That sounds mighty ambitious for pajama parties. I am laughing when I think about what we had...popcorn with M&Ms mixed in - or Doritos and dip. Pizza delivery if it was someone's birthday.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2019

That sounds mighty ambitious for pajama parties. I am laughing when I think about what we had...popcorn with M&Ms mixed in - or Doritos and dip. Pizza delivery if it was someone's birthday.

Our slumber eats in NZ was always chips ( CC's) & dip (sauteed ground beef with Italian tomato based sauce)
    fxunhe5o4tvy.png

And Afghans or Aussie lemon slices 😋, which we would batch bake and pop into biscuit tins to send to our brothers and take back to the boarding house for our tuck-boxes.

4nshaazi9zji.png
    jxcfc3x2apmn.png
  • 777Gemma888
    k8eekins wrote: »
    9bqoy51lux0a.png

At $4.44 per bar@36 ct via Amazon, you can very well make your own. #Volunteer-taster :laugh:

I just might make some 😗 ... Little did we know that they qualify as protein bars. No wonder we snacked on them after training.
  • 777Gemma888
    acpgee wrote: »
    There is an old thread of someone who ate 3 cans of chef boyardee plus a multi vitamin per day as a kind of meal replacement shake diet.

American brand canned foods were always ridiculously priced, so it was rarely if ever eaten by children when I was younger.

We did opt for Watties brand canned beans though - usually for Saturday breakfasts after rowing practices. The attached is a normal post workout feed, only bacon is easily sub'd with ham or corned beef hash.

kjivsxd26xar.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    I think this was mentioned here, hot buttered O's. You brown half a stick of butter in a pan and stir in Cheerios. Salt when crisp and enjoy! I used to eat them all the time after school.

Another after school snack was rice crispy treats. We'd make a pan-full and divide it in half and eat with a spoon. It's amazing that I wasn't fat then!
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    My mom used to make the most amazing apple crisp. It was hot and bubbly and she covered it with vanilla ice cream YUM
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member

American brand canned foods were always ridiculously priced, so it was rarely if ever eaten by children when I was younger.

We did opt for Watties brand canned beans though - usually for Saturday breakfasts after rowing practices. The attached is a normal post workout feed, only bacon is easily sub'd with ham or corned beef hash.

kjivsxd26xar.png

Ok this is the grossest looking thing ever
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Two candy bars from the 1970s that I wish would make a comeback!

6d644f448400c99565d0ef883e82e51b.jpg
    CC_Super-Skrunch-unwrapped.jpg

• 777Gemma888

kjivsxd26xar.png

Ok this is the grossest looking thing ever

Try being raised vegan for 5 days, with Pescatarian Saturdays and chicken roast Sundays, then having to feed on the above ... It was a rough first few Saturdays. Lol. You get used to it @protein loaded plates.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2019
    Miss NZ original Vogel's grain toasted bread with anchor butter & vegemite.
    kjthrk816sl4.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I think this was mentioned here, hot buttered O's. You brown half a stick of butter in a pan and stir in Cheerios. Salt when crisp and enjoy! I used to eat them all the time after school.

Another after school snack was rice crispy treats. We'd make a pan-full and divide it in half and eat with a spoon. It's amazing that I wasn't fat then!

Okay I have to make these. I was deprived and never got the chance to have these as a child but they sound incredible. Especially given the fact I have a few boxes of almost expired Cheerios I won’t finish. I bet they would be great with the flavored ones I have (peanut butter, chocolate, and apple).