Help me name our baby!

Options
124»

Replies

• LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Welp, some of these beat out Liberty and Justice, twin sisters in my 7 year old son's grade. Or the very strange spellings of otherwise completely normal names I've seen on the roster. You know, just to be edgy.

In middle school or high school someone will make a joke about "Liberty and Justice FOR ALL".
    A friend named their child Cara Leigh and one of the uncles mentioned that when she gets older some jerk will say "Nobody does it like Cara Leigh". People need to really think about what they are sticking their kids with long term.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    My husband used to work for Happi Names painting names on various items, and the worst he ever saw was Contortia. He thought she sounded like a circus act.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I knew an adult male who changed his name to Don Corleone. This was in the early 90s when mafia movies were all the rage.....

Lol
  • nooshi713
    Options
    Also, this thread is pure comedy. 😂
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I knew an adult male who changed his name to Don Corleone. This was in the early 90s when mafia movies were all the rage.....

Lol

Except The Godfather was made in 1972.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Lol

Except The Godfather was made in 1972.

I know but those movies were still really popular in the 80s and 90s. Either way, that name was dumb.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I also get to see a lot of oddball names in my line of work. However, I'm a pop culture illiterate so some may be celebrity names that I don't recognize as such.

How about twins named Loan and Lien?

Khle'o

Ji'de (pronounced Jih-day)

Kia (yes like the car) but rhymes with eye. Had it been spelled Kai, people might have a chance of pronouncing it correctly. Moral of the story: if you want to go with an uncommon name, at least know how to spell it.
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    I think Rowan is gorgeous. And original.

From your list, I like Henry for a boy. (But, my fave boy name of all time is Nick.)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    i like Moses and Otis for boys and Freya for a girl

my next cat will be named Ghost tho

But.. if you have an Otis, you need a Milo. :)
  • PopRox90
    PopRox90 Posts: 6,979 Member
    Options
    i love rosalie....

and my sons name is Talan!! with an A tho not O
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Huckleberry Dracula has a nice ring to it.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love Rowan Elizabeth.

It strikes me that you can explain why you love each girl’s name and why it’s meaningful to you, but the boys’ names are all sort of names I have seen recently in articles about trendy names. Are there any boys’ names which are meaningful to you? A relative, a friend, an inspiration, perhaps a surname which would make a good name? Emerson Wilder, for example, is a great sounding name.

The only ones that are meaningful to me have all been vetoed by my husband, unfortunately. That or he's indifferent to them, but not in love with them. And I want to find some that we both agree on.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    PopRox90 wrote: »
    i love rosalie....

That's wild. Have a friend who's son's name is spelled the exact same way (with an A). I'd never heard the name before. :smile:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Give them a name without any vowels.

It’s fun to listen to the Starbucks barista announce when your beverage is ready.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    They say that names can influence future careers. Name it Doc.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love Rowan Elizabeth.

It strikes me that you can explain why you love each girl’s name and why it’s meaningful to you, but the boys’ names are all sort of names I have seen recently in articles about trendy names. Are there any boys’ names which are meaningful to you? A relative, a friend, an inspiration, perhaps a surname which would make a good name? Emerson Wilder, for example, is a great sounding name.

The only ones that are meaningful to me have all been vetoed by my husband, unfortunately. That or he's indifferent to them, but not in love with them. And I want to find some that we both agree on.

I've always had a long list of girl names that I loved and struggled with boy names. We ended up having three boys, no girls. Some people like naming them after birth to see them first but I found it very stressful with my first son. We had a name ready beforehand the next two times.

I love Rowan Elizabeth and Oliver. But they're all good. Go with your <3
  • PopRox90
    PopRox90 Posts: 6,979 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    PopRox90 wrote: »
    i love rosalie....

That's wild. Have a friend who's son's name is spelled the exact same way (with an A). I'd never heard the name before. :smile: [/quo

really?? thats crazy