Plateau

Options
According to the CAlorie Calculator site, I should be losing but I havent for over a month now. Any advice? Also I could use some more friends support.

Replies

• Tom_LifeHackDiet
    Tom_LifeHackDiet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same over the whole of August, I think they call it a fat-eau! Fairly normal, just keep the faith, if you're being healthy thats all that matters really. In september I then had a loss-spurt and I'm back on track 1lb per week. Thats the key for me, actually feeling hungry before eating, and then going to sleep hungry (i.e. not full). Are you eating smaller portions?
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had the same over the whole of August, I think they call it a fat-eau! Fairly normal, just keep the faith, if you're being healthy thats all that matters really. In september I then had a loss-spurt and I'm back on track 1lb per week. Thats the key for me, actually feeling hungry before eating, and then going to sleep hungry (i.e. not full). Are you eating smaller portions?

Sometimes I do. If I don't I add it in.
  • debraah66
    Options
    Are you accurately logging your food intake? weighing it? choosing the correct entries in database?
    You should have seen some sort of loss after a month.
    Have you much weight to lose?
    Have you put in your stats to this app and set your loss rate per week?

Yes to all except I havent weighed my food. I don't have a scale. I judge use my best judgement. I've lost like almost 70 pounds doing it this way but all of the sudden it just dead stopped.
  • weight3049
    weight3049 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just pushed through the plateau. It took me over a month also.

Don't give a hope! I believe everyone goes through it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    debraah66 wrote: »
    Are you accurately logging your food intake? weighing it? choosing the correct entries in database?

Yes to all except I havent weighed my food. I don't have a scale. I judge use my best judgement. I've lost like almost 70 pounds doing it this way but all of the sudden it just dead stopped.

Without weighing your food, you have no idea how much you're actually eating.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on your 70lb loss. That's an amazing accomplishment. :)

It sounds like you've hit the dreaded time where you need to be more precise with your calorie counting to get the weight to start in a downward projection again.

Back in 2011 I decided I was going to lose weight. I was in the overweight category and not getting any younger. Starting I just cut back on food. Moved a little more. Weight came off. Then one day when I hit about the 30lb lost mark I noticed it was just staying in one place. I was no longer in a calorie deficient.

In comes the food scale, who now, is my best friend (when I use it..lol). Estimating intake just won't work now. I got my food scale at Aldi, but Amazon and Walmart have tons of them from $10-$15 (best money I ever spent, I've had mine for 8+ years).

Put a plate/bowl on it. Tare it to 0, set it to grams, fill with food (I usually start a the recommended serving size, then increase depending on how many calories I have). Log per grams. Eat food. I weigh everything I eat at home or work except for: Spices, Hot Sauce, Pickles, things in single serving containers (aka yogurt, little bags of chips etc).

It seems ridiculous when you start, but then it becomes a habit and you feel lost with out the scale...LOL

Good luck in the next part of your journey!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    debraah66 wrote: »

What did you lose last month compared to the 2 months before? If you see that your weight loss has been slowing it is definitely time to rethink your approach. If your weight loss has been consistent and it stopped there may be different issue here.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The first few months of my wlj I was dropping lbs like no tomorrow. for the 1st month and a half I was guesstimating, then I bought a food scale and couldn't believe how far I was off. The only thing that saved me without the scale was still being obese and not counting exercise calories. I'm down 75 lbs with 25 to goal and every lb is getting a little tougher at this point. Without a food scale, there is no way I could keep losing consistently!
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Amazon has kitchen scales for under $10!! With 5 star ratings! Get a scale, mate. You'll thank us later.
  • debraah66
    Options
    You might want to consider a diet break if you have been on this for long enough to lose 70 pounds.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

I can't. I need a couple of surgerys that I'm trying to lose enough to get.
  • debraah66
    Options
    I had meant to get one but I never got around to it. Most things I measure like with a cup or something like that. The calories are by the serving on the box or label. You don't need to weigh that. Meats and cheeses are probably the biggest problem. Can you find one at the dollar store?
  • debraah66
    Options
    I've been using like the palm of your hand or a deck of cards way of checking. Those kind of measurements they talk about in the exchange program I do believe. Thats what they told me to use at Tops.