Over 60 success stories please

2»

Replies

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Hi, I'm 66; do weights (heavy as I can w/o causing injury) three days a week; moderate cardio (helps w/LDL issues). My original goal was to lose abt seven or eight lbs; ended up losing 11; even kept it off while I was incapacitated when I broke my right wrist. Trying to keep as much muscle mass as poss (and maybe add a little more). I've seen Ernestine before and feel if she can do it so can I. "Keep on keeping on; "it's only a #!!" B)
  • laura2137
    laura2137 Posts: 27 Member
    I started last July, lost 33 pounds by December......with overseas guests, Christmas and trips, I have maintained my loss with a fluctuation of 3 to 4 pounds....I have just started back now for some more loss, I want to loose another 20 pounds, I haven't exercised so far except for the occasional walk or swim, I will start a more regular regiment.....just turned 66 in January.....
    ps: I'm 63 on my profile picture, don't have the before pictures as I hated to see myself overweight.....so I'll post one on goal weight.....I'm full of admiration for the weightlifting bodies of these ladies.....so I will start lifting weight.....Good luck, to all seniors ladies out there, we just need to be patient.
  • LColl3227
    LColl3227 Posts: 3 Member
    Good afternoon. I'm not sure who might still be monitoring this discussion, but I thought I'd try. I'm a 68 year old man in decent shape. Using My Fitness Pal, I've lost about 20 pounds over the years and have kept it off. My issue is that I have a bit of high blood pressure and I need to monitor my salt intake and probably loose another 3-5 pounds. My Fitness Pal seems to be a good way to monitor all this. Question - Is anyone else using the program in this way? If so, may I ask what kind of success have you had? Thank you in advance for your reply.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    By the way, to all who have responded to this thread with your amazing weight loss success stories- I wanna congratulate you! That is awesome, you should be very proud of all the great work you have done. Folks, we are changing the world!
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Bump - any more for any more?
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    This is great- I am 59 but I still decided to join your little discussion- I am so happy to now be within 5-8 pounds of my goal weight- Great discussion and lots of inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!