arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Amanda, my ticker moved too!!

WOO HOO for under 160 and under 140!!

WE ROCK GIRL!!:glasses: :glasses:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Jeannie – You always seem to be able to find the positive side of things. I like that about you. :flowerforyou:

Sara – Mmm, bread. I’m not much of a cooker so I never even tried to make bread. Plus, I love all carbs and if I made bread, I could easily eat the whole loaf in one sitting.

Lynnie – Good luck with everything. I know what you mean though. I was at the bank for a year and a half before I quit to be a stay-at-home mom. I love Harley and I love being home with her but it was sad leaving behind my co-workers.

Marla – Yea! For your HRM. I love mine! I like knowing that I’m much more accurate with my calories because of it.

Amanda – Yea! For good numbers on the scale! They say it’s not all about the scale but I say a lower number always makes me excited too! :bigsmile:

My cousin is in town for a few days. He's been traveling around doing set up stuff for a musical/show. He's in Pittsburgh for 4 days so last night Dave, Harley, and I drove down and met him for supper. My aunt is bringing my grandma back to PA this weekend. (Since my grandpa pased away 2 years ago, my grandma goes to VA to visit 2 of my aunts and she'll stay for a few weeks at a time a couple times a year.) So my aunt, grandma, cousin, parents, Dave, Harley, and I are all gonna go out to supper tomorrow night. Should be nice. We're going to The Spaghetti Warehouse in Pittsburgh. I'm hoping they have something kind of healthy. If not I'll just get pasta and take some home.

How is everybody doing with the "new things" challenge? So far, Dave and I have just done the Long John's fish the other day. We're trying to think of things that are a little creative. If nothing else, I can say I tried making up a challenge for the black team. :laugh: Hey it's a new thing and it's health-related!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well....I bought the HRM...that's my new thing.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all ... ugh ... so much I want to say but no time to say it. I love you all and think about you a lot!! :heart:

One of my new things was discovering Trader Joe's yesterday! It hasn't been in town long and it's in a part of town I seldom visit, but yesterday I made time to check it out. I LOVED it ... will have to go back and do more shopping there!!

I made it to Zumba last night. I couldn't do much without my heart rate going too high. :sad:

It frustrates me that it takes so long to get in shape and such a SHORT time to lose it again! :grumble: :grumble: :noway:

Oh well.... pressing on ...

Have a great day & a great weekend if I don't get back on here!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    Tresa
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Laura, It was good to see you thanks for stopping in.

Lori, I'm addicted to carbs too.

Sam, It was over cast but warmer then it has been yesterday. Raining today though.

Marla, I love my HRM just haven't figured it all out yet.

Sara, Mud pit here too. Add rain today and a 95 lb German Shepherd (btw did I mention she is white)

Jeannie, Glad you got to stop and enjoy the weather.

Amanda...Yay for you. I know how good it feels

Tresa , glad you are able to workout again.

I haven't done anything new yet either. Still time
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My first new thing: Sonic Jr. Delux Burger..

no mayo.

:bigsmile: BWAHAHAHA!

Hey, cut a girl a break! I drug (dragged :huh:....I wish they were drugged...) to Walgreens to drop off Rx, haircuts for the boys, Sam's Club for monthly stock up, Target to get Micah big boy undies (which turned into more...damn Target), meat market for monthly stock up, Walgreens to pick up Rx (with a 10 min. wait....oy....) and when I got to Sonic (Z's FAVE place) I say, "Z, what do you want to eat?"

Ummm...I want a sandwich at home.

:explode:

So, Mommy got a burger. :tongue: I'd rather had a margarita, but it seems Sonic doesn't have a liquor license.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So I cut out sugar, but now I'm not eating enough calories during the day because the non-sugar replacements are not high cal and I really don't eat too often.

Ugh.

The new things I've done.
    A: Park down the block so I have to walk more to get to work.
    B: Cut out processed sugar.
    C: Get more sleep (which meant skipping the gym but right now I think my body needs rest more than gym)
    D: Call my sister once every few days. This is very vital and important to my mental health, but I tend to neglect that aspect of my life.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My first new thing: Sonic Jr. Delux Burger..

no mayo.

:bigsmile: BWAHAHAHA!

Hey, cut a girl a break! I drug (dragged :huh:....I wish they were drugged...) to Walgreens to drop off Rx, haircuts for the boys, Sam's Club for monthly stock up, Target to get Micah big boy undies (which turned into more...damn Target), meat market for monthly stock up, Walgreens to pick up Rx (with a 10 min. wait....oy....) and when I got to Sonic (Z's FAVE place) I say, "Z, what do you want to eat?"

Ummm...I want a sandwich at home.

:explode:

So, Mommy got a burger. :tongue: I'd rather had a margarita, but it seems Sonic doesn't have a liquor license.

Hee. MY! You grabbed the bull by the horns. :wink:
    I was like that too when I grabbed a burger yesterday. I was like: IT HAS NO SEASONING OR CHEESE THEREFORE I WIN.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    So I cut out sugar, but now I'm not eating enough calories during the day because the non-sugar replacements are not high cal and I really don't eat too often.

Ugh.

The new things I've done.
    A: Park down the block so I have to walk more to get to work.
    B: Cut out processed sugar.
    C: Get more sleep (which meant skipping the gym but right now I think my body needs rest more than gym)
    D: Call my sister once every few days. This is very vital and important to my mental health, but I tend to neglect that aspect of my life.

Those are great changes, Nicky! I'm very proud of your no-cheese burger as well. LOL Mine didn't have cheese either! TWO changes! Go me! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey y'all ... ugh ... so much I want to say but no time to say it. I love you all and think about you a lot!! :heart:

One of my new things was discovering Trader Joe's yesterday! It hasn't been in town long and it's in a part of town I seldom visit, but yesterday I made time to check it out. I LOVED it ... will have to go back and do more shopping there!!

I made it to Zumba last night. I couldn't do much without my heart rate going too high. :sad:

It frustrates me that it takes so long to get in shape and such a SHORT time to lose it again! :grumble: :grumble: :noway:

Oh well.... pressing on ...

Have a great day & a great weekend if I don't get back on here!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    Tresa

Tresa - I have a hard time keeping my HR in my "zone" as well. I did my 45 min. cardio workout yesterday REALLY trying to keep it in zone and I burned 75 less calories than I did when I let it go a little higher. That was upsetting. I did the same thing this am with my 30 min. cardio & I burned nearly 50 less than I have before. *shrug* I don't get it. I'm glad you made it to Zumba, though!

I WISH we had something like Trader Joe's here. We have NOTHING! So frustrating. I make due with the "health food" department at our grocery store, but I have a hard time finding the same stuff all the time & they like to screw with their prices. :grumble: Enjoy it!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Well....I bought the HRM...that's my new thing.

It's eye-opening if nothing else! I couldn't believe how WRONG I was logging all my calories burned! Between that & my cheap-*kitten* food scale I bought at Target, I'm constantly walking around saying, "Seriously!? That can't be right!" :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Well today is the last day for me at the store to which I have dedicated 3 years of my life. I know this is a good move for me and I am so grateful for a promotion during a time when many others are losing their livlihoods. (Yes, that attitude of gratitude thing ya'll keep talking about resonates within me deeply). Despite my thankfulness and joy over the new opportuntities presented to me, I'm:sad: sad over leaving people whom I've grown very fond of these past 3 years. I've built many good relationships, shared a lot of laughs (I *am* just as silly at work as I am on this ole net) an really poured my heart into this job. Please be sending me happy vibes all day so I can get through this day without being an emotional falling apart unprofessional wreck. I also need a little help knowing that I *can* shine through this next phase of my life and I have the qualities to be a good manager and not so scared.

Lynnie
    The girl who is tearful already--little birds gotta fly

Good luck dealing with it today! I was the opposite when I quit work to be a SAHM. I worked at the place for 3.5 years & I nearly did a cartwheel on the way out the door...I would have looked awfully funny doing one, though...I was 9 months pregnant with Micah. :laugh:

I hope everyone is super nice to you today! *hugs*
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Jeannie – You always seem to be able to find the positive side of things. I like that about you. :flowerforyou:

How is everybody doing with the "new things" challenge? So far, Dave and I have just done the Long John's fish the other day. We're trying to think of things that are a little creative. If nothing else, I can say I tried making up a challenge for the black team. :laugh: Hey it's a new thing and it's health-related!

:blushing: :blushing: my new things this week
    get sick
    eat less than 1000 cals a day
    do not sleep
    when I do awake at 3 am in panic attack
    no exercise ( well 2x)
    be negative nelly for 5 solid days

Today my appetite is back so I am pigging out on my favorite food, chicken parm and even ate the garlic roll. With the taste of sodium in my mouth I can tell I will retain tomorrow.

I am working towards feeling better and thinking positive again.

You guys have all been a great help to me. More than you can ever know.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    For my 2nd new thing, I did the Biggest Loser workout. I've had the DVD for a couple years now but never tried it. :blushing: There is a 6-week program. You're supposed to do workout 1 & 3 for 3 of the weeks and workouts 2 & 4 for the other 3 weeks. Today I just did workout 1 "low cardio". :huh: Um, okay. I was pouring sweat and my legs burned! I'm scared to try the "high cardio". :noway: But my HRM said I burned 249 calories in 40 minutes. I'll take it!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    For my second new thing, I added all three "risers" to my step aerobics....doing a 12 inch step this week, with two pound hand weights. OH EM GEE...( to quote dear Sam)

It actually makes me sweat...wooooooo.

Later, cats.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    First new thing...Nutri Grain Apple Cinnamon Cereal Bars. To quote Marla and Sam " OH EM GEE".
    They are so good, I had never tried them before. I'm picky when it goes to eating new things.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Okay all you beet lovers...I found a new recipe for you:

Beet and Walnut Puree
    Besides its amazing color, this dip has a wonderful combination of earthy ingredients. It's great with warm pita bread - or just with a spoon.

1 cup walnuts
    1 pound beets, trimmed, boiled or roasted, peeled, and cut into large chunks
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup water
    2 tablespoons tahini
    1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    Kosher salt
    Pulse the walnuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the beets and pulse until a rough paste forms. Add the olive oil, water, and tahini and pulse a few times, just until combined. Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok so I was unfair to myself by saying I hadnt tried anything new.

I worked with a trainer and did things I did not know where possible. I actually have fun when she makes me cry or grunt....I didnt even know I had a GRUNT in me!! :laugh:

I have also tried to drink hot tea instead of coffee and put milk instead of the fake crap with no nutritional value in it.

I also tried a new type of schedule at work and it seems to be working.

So. I guess some of the ol Jeannie is coming back. If I can see the positive then I can see a way out of this horrible depressing feeling I have had for 2 weeks.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

and Sara...I have to find the recipe for a beet dressing for salad. I had it at a Vegan deli in miami last year and it was yummy!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I tried to find it, but this was all I came up with...

Baked Beet Root With Yogurt Walnut Dressing

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    3/4 cup walnuts
    5 medium beets, thoroughly washed
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 cups plain yogurt
    1 minced hot green chile peppers
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    salt to taste
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    1 red chili pepper, minced
    Add to Recipe Box
    My folders:

Add to Shopping List
    Customize Recipe
    Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
    Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Chop coarsely.
    Butter aluminum foil. Pierce beets with a fork, and wrap with foil. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until tender. Cool.
    In a medium bowl, beat yogurt until smooth. Mix in green chile pepper, coriander, and walnuts. Season to taste with salt. Chill for 30 minutes.
    Peel beets, and quarter without cutting all the way through. Place in a serving dish, and spread open. Spoon dressing over beets, and garnish with cilantro, and minced red chile peppers.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am going to go there this weekend and have the salad! I forgot about that place.

Waitress is straight from Israel. She says " Vat you vant dahlink?" I said " I would love a salad with chicken on it" (not knowing it was a veggie rest) she says " Ok, I fix"

Comes back with this HUGE salad.......says " Now, you eat"

It was tofu with a chicken flavor...............it was delish. the salad had every veggie you can imagine, all w/o me having to cut and clean! And the dressing, mmmmmmmmm out of this world. I think it was beets, olive oil, vinegar and some seasonings.