Vertical Diet

Options
Currently eating beef patties for breakfast monster mash for lunch. Dropped 7lbs in 2 weeks. Anyone going vertical? Or carnivore? fap6607zuqac.jpeg

Replies

• YoungGun11
    YoungGun11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The idea is nutrient rich food that is easily digested. More of a “gut health” diet while still eating (good) carbs and plenty of protein.
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    YoungGun11 wrote: »
    The idea is nutrient rich food that is easily digested. More of a “gut health” diet while still eating (good) carbs and plenty of protein.

Usually fiber is considered a plus, and that diet is cutting out some great sources of fiber (although if you eat enough veg that will provide a good bit).

I'm also not seeing how a more diverse diet based on mostly whole foods would be bad for gut health, absent a specific medical problem.

I didn’t say other diets are bad for gut health. There are several diets that work. Depends on the person. These foods work well for me. I love meat and I’m on this carnivore 🚂.
  • v_ludwig
    v_ludwig Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    use Cauliflower rice. you will never know the difference
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    I probably should add that this diet is good for people who are active.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on eating like this for a long time, or is it just for a prescribed period?
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    Are you planning on eating like this for a long time, or is it just for a prescribed period?

Yes, I intend on using the vertical diet as long as my body is making good gains.
  • YoungGun11
    Options
    I didn’t look it up. Lemurcat said hamburger, rice, veg. You said breakfast and lunch. If that’s all there is to it, it sounds like a perfect jumpstart for a newbie to dieting. The formula is easy to follow. You should be able to see how much better you feel just by leaving unnecessary calories out of your diet. After a week or two or three, you should be able to build on that, in a way that helps keep you at your best by experimenting with substituting other proteins and carbs, and also by adding fruits, etc. I can’t imagine it would be sustainable for long, but I totally see it as a jumping in with both feet start.
    Congratulations on finding something that is helping you.

And welcome to all the disagreers. There will be plenty of them on this post, with all the people here who think their way is the only way.
    Is it correct to dip one toe in the water, squeal, and dip two toes in? Or is it correct to jump in the deep end when totally dry?
    Is it correct to take the bandage off slowly? Or rip it off?

Thanks! People can have their opinion, doesn’t bother me. Lol. It’s not a newbie diet. Check out Stan Efferding. Diet isn’t complex, it’s a performance diet based on gut health. May not be necessary for some but I enjoy it. Nothing crazy new, a lot of from older body building diet. (Chicken and rice) Stan says he’s never seen a big chicken so he like beef. Bison is a great meat as well but I beef is cheaper.