Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    @raindogmaa :
    Best of luck with your class. I forget if I saw your stats anywhere, but the last comment (about better shape) sparked my mind a bit-- recomping is where it's at! Even though I'm tiny underneath all this "stuff," I don't plan to make it to the healthy BMI category at all, or if I do, just the top of it. When I get closer to a healthy body fat percentage, I want to keep my muscle and reshape as I get stronger (not bulky, just heavier in that category). When I tried starting weightloss before (in 2017), I was really inspired by this article someone else had pointed me to: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/female-powerlifters-meet-staci-ardison/

Anywho, I'm sure you've likely at least heard a bit about recomp, but wanted to throw the idea out there in case you hadn't and found it to be interesting/a good match.

Again, best of luck with your class!

Monday check-in:

I went to a parade with my daughter on Saturday and am currently paying the price for the extra walking and standing. I deal with chronic pain every day, but these flare-ups are something I seriously hope go away as I continue to make progress on the fat loss. I can also feel the hormones shifting today into the "bad zone." Going to keep plugging away as I can, though I might have to take it a bit easier on the walks. I'm skipping the dog walking today, and will see how the body's doing tomorrow. Best of luck to you all on your coming week.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Happy Monday
    I’m working on getting back on track...last 2 weeks have been food and no exercise hell for me. I didn’t meet goal for last month so gonna try again for this month. i am also going to add no eating past 7pm.
    @raindogmaa- glad the group session is a go. You got this and you will will be in better shape for holidays.
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Hello everyone. This past weekend my husband and I went on an anniversary weekend getaway. When we were dating we hiked a lot, so I booked a get away cabin (complete with hot tub) in a popular hiking area here in Ohio (Hocking Hills). We spent the day Friday hiking (over 8,000 steps for me - and I usually only average 3,000 a day) - about put me at my limit - only because my feet hurt - I wasn't tired, just couldn't stand anymore - lol. Went back and relaxed in the hot tub. Spent Saturday doing a little more hiking, but not as much. Took the long way home Sunday driving through small towns - seeing old historic buildings, etc. Maybe gained a pound with the extra eating out, but it's gone now - back to my regular foods today.

I'm trying to add more exercise in - going for another long walk tonight.

@raindogmaa - sounds like a great program - and I'm with you 100% on the boot camp!! Let us know how it goes. I don't eat anything after 6 and usually don't eat breakfast before 10am. That gives me 16 hours of fasting, which for me, is good. I also find I eat less (my "breakfast" becomes my early lunch).
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    @sweeetypie1. Happy to hear you had a nice anniversary weekend. Hiking is a great way to get some exercise! And I am with you on eating a late breakfast. I do that on weekends and I also don't eat after 6:00 unless a family get-together has us eating late. But then I go to bed early and wake early, so I don't want it sitting on my stomach at bedtime.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @MelodiousMermaid -- thanks for the protein tips! I eat a lot of eggs, cottage cheese, and meat as my meals--what I find difficult is finding high protein snacks. I love nuts, but they are so calorie heavy that I don't like to eat too many. As I shopped this weekend, I looked for protein bars that were lower in carbs, and the best I could find were Health Warrior Chia bars. I wish I liked protein powder shakes/smoothies, but I tend to find them unsatisfying and dislike the texture.

@sweeetypie1 --sounds like a great trip!!

@cyndy--can't wait to hear how your new class goes!

@holly-- give yourself time to get back on track. Loss of a loved one and the grief it brings has a powerful impact on our day to day lives. :heart: I didn't quite make my exercise goal last month, so I'm going to repeat it as well.

AFM--Wow, I've really gotten off track logging my food. I went to a friend's birthday party Saturday--glad I skipped dinner because the snacks there were amazing. I didn't overindulge too much, but I also didn't even attempt to log. She then brought all of the leftovers to work yesterday, which meant a lot of small tastes that I also neglected to log.

I'm moving towards keto, but I found I still have way too many healthy, but higher carb foods in my house, so this week I'm using up all of my Lean Cuisine lunches, fudge pops, and ramen cups, so they won't tempt me when I make the switch. I've started stocking up and changing over to low carb snacks, but I'm still not on the keto plan yet.

Today I went to the gym for the first time since before my trip to California, and it felt good to get back on the treadmill. My feet had been in bad shape from all of the walking/standing at the festival, but they held up fine for my 30 minutes run today. I plan to run again Thursday and Saturday to meet this week's goal.

I had to switch my stats age to 50. That made me wince a bit.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 196 (7/6/19)

7/6/19 = 196
    7/13/19 =196
    7/20/19 = 194
    7/27/19 = 194
    8/3/19 = 195
    8/10/19 = 195
    8/17/19 = 195
    8/24/19 = 195
    8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196
    9/22/19 = 196
    9/28/19 = 195
    10/4/19 = 196

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    Gym visit or run outside 3 times/week
    10/6 - 10/12 = 1/3
    10/13 - 10/19 = x/3
    10/20 - 10/26 = x/3
    10/27 - 11/2 = x/3
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Thursday Truth- I have not logged all week and made some really bad choices. I have gained 6lb in 3 weeks guess I’m not handling family stress well. I will get back on track.
    @Karen- I hope the music festival was fun.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @holly-- the festival was a lot of fun, but it was physically exhausting. It was a very effective reminder that I was celebrating turning FIFTY!! LOL! Sending you lots of hugs and support--don't beat yourself up about the small gain; it's completely understandable. And yes, you will get back on track because you are one strong lady!!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Saturday success check-in

Goals 1 and 2 were met. Struggling with hormone (cycle) fluctuations and having a not-so-great week in my mind. I know I'm losing fat, because the macros tell me so, but the number on the scale, of course, is inflated with water weight, so no "loss" to report this week. I'm going to keep my goals the same for the coming week.

My goals for last week:
    1) At least 125 g protein intake each day.
    2) Complete walks at least 1 mile and a total of 30+ minutes 6 days a week.
    3) Keep at least two days ahead in pre-planning the food diary.

My Stats:
    5'1" Female
    Restarting weight: 252
    MFP restart weight: 242.7
    Goal weight: Originally set it at 140, though I'm wondering if I'll go that low or not- will review body scans periodically as I go to be sure I'm doing well on body fat % and don't start to lose muscle mass. My goal is to be at a healthy body fat percentage with good strength and stamina, wherever it is that I end on the scale.

9/14/19: 240.7
    9/21/19: 238.8
    9/28/19: 234.6
    10/05/19: 230.8
    10/12/19: 231.0
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Got my walk in between the rain. Actually, I had to take cover under a few trees a couple times for it at slow down, but I did my 4 1/2 miles! The scale continue to be my friend as the numbers keep dropping. Down 46pounds since.my restart, down about 75 from my highest. Still have about 110 to go, so I'm nowhere near done, but I'll get there. hope everyone is doing well and seeing losses. Have a good week!😎
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Hi Everyone! Thanks for the great encouragement about the workout/weigh loss intensive.

Today starts week #2. Well, I can tell you that it was not easy last week. I survived!

Monday was in the weight room... not too bad.
    2nd night I did my 60 minutes cardio right before the class which was in the gym at my fitness club. That was HARD! We did a lot of core work and leg work. My feet and toes kept cramping up. I seriously thought that the intensive might be too intense for me.
    3rd night -- I did 30 minutes cardio before the class. I went into the class a little apprehensive but ended up having a terrific workout and I felt strong.

We get weighed in today, but typically my weight goes up the first week of working out hard. Fingers crossed that it is a good report!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @cyndy-- glad to hear the class is going well. Sounds like maybe 60 minutes of cardio dehydrated you too much before the core workout? I also sometimes see my weight go up when I start a new workout routine, but I'm crossing my fingers for you anyways. :)

@dustyspal --Yay for a friendly scale!! Mine is my perpetual frenemy... LOL

@MelodiousMermaid -- I also don't have a set end weight. My dream is to make it to a size 8 because I've never worn single digits as an adult. However, I have no idea what weight I would need to be to make it to that point.

AFM-- Nothing new to report. I made my workout goal for last week, and I'm still enjoying getting back into the running. I started back at a 5 mph pace and have increased now to 5.4. My short term goal is to get back to being able to sustain a 5.7 pace for more than a few minutes. I would also like to be able to run an entire 5k again without a walking break. Right now, I'm running 8-10 minutes and then walking for 2-3, so it's not completely unrealistic to think I might be able to run my entire Thanksgiving turkey trot.

I was off of work today, so I went out to lunch and shopping with a friend. Tonight I'm food prepping for the week--I'm going to finally take the dive into keto starting tomorrow. Wish me luck!

8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196
    9/22/19 = 196
    9/28/19 = 195
    10/4/19 = 196
    10/12/19 = 196

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    10/6 - 10/12 = 3/3
    10/13 - 10/19 = 1/3
    10/20 - 10/26 = x/3
    10/27 - 11/2 = x/3
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Holly so sorry for your loss. Hang in there chickie. this too will pass. Best wishes and prayers for you
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Hi guys! Just a quick check-in to say that, as of day 2, keto is going well. There have been donuts and cookies and candy out in our office, and I really haven't even been tempted by them. Tomorrow will be the real test--we have a potluck style get-together after our students' early dismissal. My department has to bring desserts, so I bought a bunch of berries--the only fruit allowed on keto. Wish me luck!! :)

8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196
    9/22/19 = 196
    9/28/19 = 195
    10/4/19 = 196
    10/12/19 = 196

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    10/6 - 10/12 = 3/3
    10/13 - 10/19 = 2/3
    10/20 - 10/26 = x/3
    10/27 - 11/2 = x/3
  • raindogmaa
    Good luck @skinnyjeanzbound !!!! I am trying to get closer to Keto... down to averaging 50-60 grams of carbs a day. Hope to see results soon!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Thursday Truth-
    I’ve been really lazy since this cold MN has set in the last few weeks. I just want to sit under a throw blanket all night.
    @Karen good job on Keto so far and glad festival was fun.
    I have been reading all posts and proud of all the accomplishments everyone has had.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @cyndy-- I'm pretty much only eating "keto approved" foods. My only "cheat" is on days when I know I'm going to run, I'm allowing myself a slightly higher carb protein bar (14-16g of carbs) that probably isn't completely keto friendly. The scale immediately dropped 3 pounds--I know it's only water loss due to the diuretic effects of keto, but it was still rewarding to see the lower number. :)

@holly-- I hear you about the cold. Chicago has also been pretty brisk this week, but we are supposed to get back up into the 60s this weekend. I'm already eyeing another festival in Las Vegas...

AFM-- So I went to the grocery last night specifically to buy berries for the faculty get together today, and then I forgot them in the fridge. :( On the plus side, I didn't use it as an excuse to eat the other sweets. I ate a few veggies with spinach dip and some cheese; then I ate the dark chocolate and nut protein bar I brought from home. Really proud of myself for passing up on all of the goodies.

I also already met my gym goal for the week and had my best run yet.

8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196
    9/22/19 = 196
    9/28/19 = 195
    10/4/19 = 196
    10/12/19 = 196

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    10/6 - 10/12 = 3/3
    10/13 - 10/19 = 3/3
    10/20 - 10/26 = x/3
    10/27 - 11/2 = x/3
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Saturday success check-in

The numbers started moving for me again this week. The goals were a bust, but I succeeded in keeping the calorie count under control (I'm currently navigating the worst of my hormonal "danger zone"). Going to aim for the same goals again over this coming week.

My goals for last week:
    1) At least 125 g protein intake each day.
    2) Complete walks at least 1 mile and a total of 30+ minutes 6 days a week.
    3) Keep at least two days ahead in pre-planning the food diary.

My Stats:
    5'1" Female
    Restarting weight: 252
    MFP restart weight: 242.7
    Goal weight: Originally set it at 140, though I'm wondering if I'll go that low or not- will review body scans periodically as I go to be sure I'm doing well on body fat % and don't start to lose muscle mass. My goal is to be at a healthy body fat percentage with good strength and stamina, wherever it is that I end on the scale.

9/14/19: 240.7
    9/21/19: 238.8
    9/28/19: 234.6
    10/05/19: 230.8
    10/12/19: 231.0
    10/19/19: 226.9
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @MelodiousMermaid -- That's great that your scale started moving despite not meeting your goals!

Saturday Success:
    Well I'm on day 5 of what cyndy likes to call "keto light" LOL! Basically, I'm eating keto approved foods, but I haven't really been paying attention to how many net carbs I've been eating (according to an online calculator, I'm allowed 18g). For now, I'm just getting used to the shift, and I ordered keto testing strips so I can start checking to see if I'm in ketosis, and then I will adjust the carb intake based on those results.

On Monday, the scale said 197.6 and this morning it was 194.2 (after briefly flickering at 193.8!). Even if my body isn't in ketosis yet, I'm definitely making better choices and eating less calories. On the days when I run, it's almost impossible to eat my net calorie allowance when I can't eat carbs.

Even though I'm off to a good start and motivated to keep going, I know temptation will come at some point. We have a fall luncheon pot luck planned for October 30th, so I may allow myself some extra carbs that day, and then go straight to the gym after work to burn off the extra glucose in my blood.

8/31/19 = 194
    9/7/19 = 196
    9/14/19 = 196
    9/22/19 = 196
    9/28/19 = 195
    10/4/19 = 196
    10/12/19 = 196
    10/19/19 = 194

Exercise Challenge Goal:
    10/6 - 10/12 = 3/3
    10/13 - 10/19 = 3/3
    10/20 - 10/26 = x/3
    10/27 - 11/2 = x/3
  • mnwalkingqueen
    @karen: congrats on just having veggies at the work gathering. I can’t wait to have that will power.
    @MelodiousMermaid: You got this and you will get back on track.

AFM:
    I stepped on the scale for the first time since my dad died. I gain 10 pounds. I was slightly mad at myself because I could have stopped eating but I chose not to. However, Riley needs training so today him and I did training. We went to Saint Paul we really don’t hang out there much. We went to 3 different parks and walked a total of 6.35 miles.
  • raindogmaa
    Hello! It's Keto-Lite Cyndy reporting in from sunny California! Sorry if you are having snow, like in Colorado... we had a heat wave today!

So Keto-lite plus the intensive workout is starting to do it's magic. I don't know if I can call it magic because it's work... but I think it's working! My weight hasn't dropped a whole lot, but my clothes are fitting so much better. I know that when I start working out, my body takes a little while to adjust. I hope I am at that point.

@mnwalkingqueen Sending you love and encouragement. This is a tough time for you and I applaud that you are getting out there to train Riley and the St. Paul exercise! Those are steps in the right direction. Keep it up.

Congrats to @MelodiousMermaid on the great weight loss... and to @skinnyjeanzbound -- you are on it, Girl! Way to go. Will report my weight on Friday when our group weighs and measures.

Here's to all of you! Keep it going!