Looking good for the New Year- challenge!

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    The counting can be pure drugery on a daily basis. So, on the days that you don't want to count.

3 meals a day. Each plate has 1/4 meat, 1/4 grain and 1/2 veggies

Breakfast smoothies are the bomb....1/2 chobani yogurt, 1 C. frozen berries, 3/4 C. milk and 2 TBSP of Flax Seed, 300 calories

Sign up for recipes at allrecipes.com....they will send you a recipe each day and it can be motivating.

Hope it helps...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Here some extra motivation if anyone needs it. I will be starting the 3rd Round of the Fit-n-Trim Elimination contest. I am posting the details for you. I am looking to fill 4 more spots. Please PM me if you want to join in the fun.

3rd Round, Fit-n-Trim to Win Elimination Contest

Losing team will eliminate one person with the lowest percentage of body weight.

The person with the highest percentage of weight loss gets an advantage for the next week. This will have some twists as the weeks go on. The advantages will include immunity; weight advantage and disadvantage, trading players. This might not be for you if your feelings get hurt easily (someone gives you a weight disadvantage); or, you hate losing; or, you have low self-esteem (being eliminated does that). This is supposed to be fun and good natured.

Criteria to enter:
    1) You have a digital scale
    2) You have a digital camera
    3) You can weigh in any day of the week (weekdays & weekends)

Weigh-ins:
    1) We will weigh in every Wednesday. If you fail to weigh in on Wednesday, you will be eliminated and out of the contest. If that happens, no one will be eliminated for that week.
    2) You can post up 2 weights for the weigh in days. I will pick the lower of the two weights.

3) If you are unable to make a weigh-in and know that you will be on vacation, please notify me at the start of the contest. I will allow a different weigh in date since I will know upfront and will allow a change. There will be no other exceptions.

4) If you would not like to be in the game anymore, do not post it on the thread. Send me an email, so that other contestants do not know and slack off. We’ll let them think someone will still be eliminated.

How to weigh-in:
    1) You would weigh in with the code work that I will post on a thread the prior night
    2) You will take a picture of the scale with your current weight, date and code word attached
    3) You will post the photo on the link I will provide for each week

Besides, the ultimate reward of a healthier, more slender body, I will mail a prize for the ultimate winner.

It would be really cool if you took a before picture. You don’t have to post now. However, if you are the winner, please post the before and after picture for us all to be jealous and admire.

You will write the code word “COMPETITON” on a piece of paper
    Place this on or around the scale
    Snap the picture of the paper and your weight

This is how to post your picture. Please do a practice one so that you are ready for the contest.

1) I use photobucket, upload the photo there
    2) copy the IMG code
    3) paste onto MFP
    4) change the capital IMG to lowercase img

If you want to quit the game, please just don't weigh in. You can either PM me – or – post on the thread when you see that most of the people have already weighed in. We want to keep the game going and the motivation up. If we know someone is quitting; then, we feel "safe" and that doesn't help us with our goals.

You have one week from tomorrow to notify me of any weeks that you may miss. I will keep track of them. I will let you know when to weigh in.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The spreadsheet is updated, and I got rid of some people who weren't sending in weigh ins.

Here is the link again so you don't need to go searching!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkAp7Yxm1PN7dExlSXhQcTBGdlpwMFJRSE9sTk5ESVE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I'm going on vacation/business trip this Thursday through next Friday. So I won't be posting much, but please post your weigh ins on Friday still! I should be home late on Friday, so I can get mine in then as well! I won't have access to the internet (I dunno about cell service...) Friday afternoon-Tuesday afternoon. We'll be on my father's farm way out in the country. Sometimes our cells work, sometimes they don't. LOL!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    After my vacation and state fair trip...I am not even looking at the spreadsheet :noway: But, thanks for doing it anyway...your a ROCKSTAR!!
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    :smile: Thanks MommyRobot... I finally got my place organized, since my car broke down, it seems like I wont be exercising at home anyways, but I sure started walking already.... bout 3 miiles a day :smile: Not bad huh? I will send in my weight & Measurements this week. I am now UP n Walking..... am so glad to finally be active in the group. Thanks and Good Luck to us ALL!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks MommyRobot... I finally got my place organized, since my car broke down, it seems like I wont be exercising at home anyways, but I sure started walking already.... bout 3 miiles a day :smile: Not bad huh? I will send in my weight & Measurements this week. I am now UP n Walking..... am so glad to finally be active in the group. Thanks and Good Luck to us ALL!!! :flowerforyou:

3 miles a day is awesome!!! WTG!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nikmay
    nikmay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well can't say that I exercised vigoriously as after 10 minutes on treadmill, coughing fit occurred. Will be happy when this cough is gone. But I will take a small victory in that I did get my butt out of bed and head to the gym for this small workout. Gotta start somewhere.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Oh my!!! I am finally back on track after a horrible week of my eyes almost swollen shut, hives, and not knowing what was causing it all!!!! Started exercising again and am getting back on track today, but I will say I haven't been eating well the past week so I don't know about the weigh in on Friday but I have to take the bad along with the good!!! and hopefully learn from it!
  • Sunnimyst
    Sunnimyst Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We'll be on my father's farm way out in the country. Sometimes our cells work, sometimes they don't. LOL!

Hey! I wanna go!! Tell Uncle Rocco I love and miss him!!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies just checkin in on u! Question: im trying to motivate myself to have a healthy holiday? what is your stay fit plan for the labor day weekend?
  • hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ahhh....I was doing so well this week and I was stressed and broke down and ate a yucky lunch - 700 calories. I'm going to have to do some insane workout today to make up for it. I was so on track for a good weigh in tomorrow.

Latoya - my plan is to workout to make up for any eating/drinking mistakes!

Holly
  • hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ok I can happily begin the weigh in today. I tortured myself the last couple of days and my current weight is 168. I am down 2 pound from last week, am still one pound short of where I should be this week!

Looking forward to some more intense workouts this weekend. If I can lose 2 pounds next week then I will be back on track!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thank God August is over. I've travelled to WI Dells & Chicago with 2 trips to the state fair.

I've concluded my second trip to the State Fair. It was gruelingly hot, hot, hot. We stayed from about 2 to 10. I can't even begin to list the food I ate. Little bites of everything really. Grilled pork chop, grilled corn, brisket, cheese curds, grilled shrimp, Sweet Marthas cookies, french fries, pretzel, buffalo chips. I tried to stay away from fried stuff, like I said just bites of everything.

I bought some cranberry infused vodka and spiked lemonade while at the fair. Yum, I have a new summertime favorite. It was easy to pack and economical as well. Hubs liked it as well.

So, my weigh-in....pathetically enough is 180...you are guaranteed to see a drop in that number by next Friday for sure.

I have 3 spots left in my Fit-n-Trim to Win competition if anyone else would like to join. Otherwise, I am opening those spots to the public forum. The winner of the last comp lost 30 lbs. She did an awesome job.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    saw 150.2 this morning....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: im so excited!!! going to celebrate with a late night workout this evening. I have not workout out in a while as i have been focusing on my diet! i cant believe i broke my plateau!!! i needed the diet change, and im so surprised at how much i love it!! i had frosted flakes and sweettarts yesterday and a now later here and there, lol, but for the most part i have replaced my processed foods for fruit and veggies and have based my meals around 4-6 oz of protein and a little fat. its awesome!! eating better is better, lol, who would have thought! check out my diary for today if u feel funky, its what im considering a good healthy day. meat and veggies and fruit. 2nite is hamburger nite so i will have bread but im not in this for extremity imin it for a lifestyle change so small bread amounts dont bother me! here is to crossing over to 149 soon...i hope :wink:

CW- 150.2
  • ReneeJM
    ReneeJM Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Only a slight change this week. My weight today is 195.4. I am excited to report inches lost next week!

Hopefully some of the rest of you had better results!
  • Sardine239
    Sardine239 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    SW: 232.5
    CW:226
    GW190s
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    CW - 188
    Down 1lb from last week! Not as great as I'd hoped, but, considering I was sick, and both my kiddos are sick right now. But, with all of those, I'm fairly happy with the 1lb loss.
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    saw 150.2 this morning....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: im so excited!!! going to celebrate with a late night workout this evening. I have not workout out in a while as i have been focusing on my diet! i cant believe i broke my plateau!!! i needed the diet change, and im so surprised at how much i love it!! i had frosted flakes and sweettarts yesterday and a now later here and there, lol, but for the most part i have replaced my processed foods for fruit and veggies and have based my meals around 4-6 oz of protein and a little fat. its awesome!! eating better is better, lol, who would have thought! check out my diary for today if u feel funky, its what im considering a good healthy day. meat and veggies and fruit. 2nite is hamburger nite so i will have bread but im not in this for extremity imin it for a lifestyle change so small bread amounts dont bother me! here is to crossing over to 149 soon...i hope :wink:

CW- 150.2

SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    CW:184
    Down 1 pound from last week. I didn't get in very many workouts this week, but planning on working out all weekend!