"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Thank you Joe, it helps a lot! I will be completing the Launchpad Level 3 series this month, so by that time I can have a schedule of exercises ready to start. I want to do 2 upper body workouts for arms and shoulders, and 2 lower body workouts for legs and butt , and one workout for core strength for a total of 5 strength training days every week. My cardio will always be walking and cycling as the weather allows. I can walk in a blizzard! Was thinking about getting a stand for my bike that would let me "ride" indoors for the winter. Then I won't have to get my sit bones used to riding again in the spring.

Another question, my grip is weak. Do you recommend these squeeze balls like the therapist uses to build hand strength? I have arthritis in my hands, but not to the point where I can't use them. But my grip definitely needs work.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    LeeH31 wrote: »
    Thank you Joe, it helps a lot! I will be completing the Launchpad Level 3 series this month, so by that time I can have a schedule of exercises ready to start. I want to do 2 upper body workouts for arms and shoulders, and 2 lower body workouts for legs and butt , and one workout for core strength for a total of 5 strength training days every week. My cardio will always be walking and cycling as the weather allows. I can walk in a blizzard! Was thinking about getting a stand for my bike that would let me "ride" indoors for the winter. Then I won't have to get my sit bones used to riding again in the spring.

Another question, my grip is weak. Do you recommend these squeeze balls like the therapist uses to build hand strength? I have arthritis in my hands, but not to the point where I can't use them. But my grip definitely needs work.
    Yes! One of the biggest things I work on with my aging clients is they balance and grip. If you can't open a pickle jar, how are you going to eat pickles?!!!!!!

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! No clients this morning. Just a little gym time and cleaning the GRILL today.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice again. I made alot.
  • LeeH31
    Bad day all around, crappy mood, crappy day. Only exercise I got was cleaning out the closets. Lots of lifting and scrubbing. Stayed on plan but didn't eat clean. Will probably retain water tomorrow, drat it all. I know, blah, blah, blah, and yes, I'd love a little cheese with that whine but it would put me over my calorie budget! Grrr! :s Will get me some squishy balls asap, thanks Joe.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Helped moved furniture for about 4 hours, so my full body strength training was pretty much covered. Cardio was 12,000 steps, with lots of up and down stairs and I did not have the energy left to do anything after the move.
    Ate decently, a few more snacks than usual but I earned it!
    Not the most pleasant of Saturdays, but some good karma earned
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 this evening! Yep that's right the 9ers are 5-0!!! Best in the NFC right now and all we have to do is take it one day at a time!

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Poke bowl for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight. Another day and a different body part!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner last night.
  • LeeH31
    For10/14

Cardio: 20 minutes cycling
    Strength: Launchpad 3:4
    Assessment: Too much salty stuff today. Water retention tomorrow.
  • LeeH31
    Hey Joe!

Cardio: 55 minutes walking briskly. Trying to learn race walking.
    Strength: off day
    Assessment: almost ate back all my exercise calories. Special dinner for my husband’s homecoming from his trip.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 tonight! DD has the PSAT test today, then we have her concert tonight.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops and rice yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! BIL and SIL and kids are staying with us for our cousins wedding this Friday!

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner.

• LeeH31
    Cardio: 2.3 mile walk
    Strength: off day
    Assessment: Good day, adequate calories, fibromyalgia subsided enough to exercise today 👍🏼
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then off! After yard duty, I pick up DD and we all go to my cousins wedding!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Taco Bell last night.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning. My DD's first band competition today! Then tomorrow, Bday party for my cousin before she goes back to the Philippines!

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Wedding food for dinner.

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    Hi Joe, I just wondered what happened to everyone on this thread? It was pretty hoppin' when you started it, now there doesn't seem to be much going on!

Hoping to get to the place where I can legitimately join this thread. Right now I am doing the Launchpad exercise series to get myself to the point where I won't injure myself. I do know that it's possible to cause muscle, tendon & ligament damage by overdoing before they are ready for it. Currently I am beginning on Stage 3-1. I am also cycling on the days I do Launchpad. So far I am up to 2.25 miles/17 minutes cycling. On the alternate days I walk those same 2.25 miles in about 45 minutes.

Anyway, I appreciate your wanting to help older ones improve their fitness, and when I am training to the level where I break up upper & lower body workouts then I will get on board here.

I was just going to pop in and give @ninerbuff props for this thread, and his dedication to keep his format going even through the periods when it's slow or even just him. And as someone who did post on this thread for a while, I can only explain why I don't any more, and I'm sure everyone has differing reasons.

In my case, I had more time on my hands for a period and was posting. That changed, as did some of my workout habits. I found I was getting a bit obsessive about certain goals with workout time, logging, etc., to the point that it became a little too restrictive too me. So I changed things up, log less, freak out about goals less, don't record every workout, etc. And though I've slipped some and let my weight creep a little bit, it's still under control. But see, that's just ME. What works best for you or the next person might differ, but as long as they get where they are going it's all good.

I'm actually surprised it's not a busier thread. The long term dedication, great advice, support and purpose of the thread are a great inspiration to many I'm sure. I know I was popping in just to remind @ninerbuff that I've appreciated it, and to show some respect for his dedication.
  • ninerbuff
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Hi Joe, I just wondered what happened to everyone on this thread? It was pretty hoppin' when you started it, now there doesn't seem to be much going on!

Hoping to get to the place where I can legitimately join this thread. Right now I am doing the Launchpad exercise series to get myself to the point where I won't injure myself. I do know that it's possible to cause muscle, tendon & ligament damage by overdoing before they are ready for it. Currently I am beginning on Stage 3-1. I am also cycling on the days I do Launchpad. So far I am up to 2.25 miles/17 minutes cycling. On the alternate days I walk those same 2.25 miles in about 45 minutes.

Anyway, I appreciate your wanting to help older ones improve their fitness, and when I am training to the level where I break up upper & lower body workouts then I will get on board here.

I was just going to pop in and give @ninerbuff props for this thread, and his dedication to keep his format going even through the periods when it's slow or even just him. And as someone who did post on this thread for a while, I can only explain why I don't any more, and I'm sure everyone has differing reasons.

In my case, I had more time on my hands for a period and was posting. That changed, as did some of my workout habits. I found I was getting a bit obsessive about certain goals with workout time, logging, etc., to the point that it became a little too restrictive too me. So I changed things up, log less, freak out about goals less, don't record every workout, etc. And though I've slipped some and let my weight creep a little bit, it's still under control. But see, that's just ME. What works best for you or the next person might differ, but as long as they get where they are going it's all good.

I'm actually surprised it's not a busier thread. The long term dedication, great advice, support and purpose of the thread are a great inspiration to many I'm sure. I know I was popping in just to remind @ninerbuff that I've appreciated it, and to show some respect for his dedication.
    Thanks Robert. And that's the whole point to the thread in the first place. To let people know that one can be consistent for the rest of their life, go through up and downs and still be able to get help when they need it. I do what I do because I enjoy it and it makes me feel good to see others do just as well. The great thing about fitness and health, is that NO ONE can do the work for you, nor eat and rest for you. It's truly just you to get it done and I'm only here to lend a hand.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 this evening! What a great weekend! The wedding was great! My DD's marching band took 1st place as well as the drumline did too! And the 9ers are still undefeated with a 6-0 record!!!

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Party food, so my weight is up a little.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight. Well at least I won all my FFL leagues!

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner last night.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hi @ninerbuff & @robertw486

Afternoon in the city here...did lunch time workouts on this rainy day!

Cardio: 45min SoulCycle w/5lb arm weights

Strength: 60min Core & Lower body circuit
    (Russian twists
    Decline bench foot touches
    Front plank
    Side plank
    Glute bridges
    Runners lunge
    Bird dogs
    Scissor crunches
    Lunges
    Bulgarian split squat
    Sumo squats)

Assessment: 5 servings veggies today! Got some beautiful red kale. Roast chicken and tofu on the menu today for proteins. 🌻
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Just found this thread, figured I would post my workouts here to help keep me going.

No cardio.

Strength:Leg day Tuesday
    Seated leg curls machine
    Seated leg press machine
    Seated leg extensions machine
    Seated calf raise leg press machine
    Back extensions
    Crunch machine
    Kettlebell swings
    Barbell squats
    Seated calf raise(plates)

Assessment:A little sore in the knees. Ate a bit more than my calorie goal.