WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    I’m now just getting over head cold that led to laryngitis. 11 days of feeling lousy. :s

DH and I spent 2 hours cleaning up the back yard on this gorgeous sunny autumn day then we treated ourselves to lunch out and discussed our future :#

NYKAREN
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ It looks like you have very good insight on ways to alleviate the over indulging! Good luck!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh so packed up most of what I needed and I am at Toms house.. I did indulge in a couple of cookies, but have brought my keto stuff with me.. the boys are happy I am here and so am I.. Both Tom and I have had a heck of a week, but so glad he and Elena can get away and enjoy a week of sunshine and fun.
    Tuesday I am spending with my dearest friend Doris, as a parental figure she is all I have left.. and I told her and promised that if and when she becomes frail , I will take care of her.. her kids might help . But she can count on me and she knows it...
    one nice thing here there is a tub, I miss taking a bath,,, so will soak in one and relax tonight,,,
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Aquarium in Duluth...
    0k6ore8uz0cf.jpg
    htzeatz0oxvi.jpg
    y5qfkiwkmz8r.jpg
    eqb1t91n7a4u.jpg
    e9jbpxqugppy.jpg
    dx1tnzdmoga0.jpg
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Allie - No tub in the master was a deal breaker when hubs and I bought this house. I take a bath every night, even if it is only long enough to get clean before I head to bed. Often it is soaking and reading a book (the main reason I haven't converted to an e-reader).

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Did some editing this morning. Then I thought I'd lost one of my sections, but I've found it on my old tablet. Panic over. I'm uploading from tablet Notebook to Dropbox then copying and pasting into a rough Word version for editing, before I paste it into the "Fixit" version for publication. When I've done the previous sections I will work directly onto the rough Word.
    The reason why I did it like that was that my old laptop was so creaky it stopped me writing. My new one is much, much easier.

Kim - I know how difficult it can be with old people. My sympathy. <3

Went for my 5k this pm. A sunny day for once. Breezy, big waves, but a lovely change from our recent weather.

Bought lots of bits for our marathon child minding tomorrow. My preference would be to go out, but I've got everything we need if we stay in. It might be nice enough for a breezy picnic on the beach. I do find all three together very hard work. :o;)
    I think we have decided not to go to the Ball tomorrow. We will be just too knackered. It's expensive too.

Enjoying ourselves tonight watching Spiral, a French detective series. We watched the first two episodes just now, that I recorded last Saturday and the next two start in 10 minutes. We've seen all the previous seasons. This is the 7th.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Qqqqq
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Ok so I ate my feelings today .. a week from crazytown and ate junk.. tomorrow is another day.. and wont give up my Keto.. will keep on keeping on...enjoying being covered in dogs :)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Just popping in. Spent the day doing my shop and food prep for the week. Made a very nice chicken and tortellini soup. Also made some pasta for Tim, grilled some chicken and made the inside out egg roll. Got fruit cut, veg washed and cut and went through a bottle of wine (oops!). I logged it. More calories there, than in my lunch. ANyway, just wanted to say that you ladies talking about the Great British Baking Show got me checking it out. It is just amazing to watch them come up with the stuff they do! I realized about 15 minutes into the "biscuit" episode that I would be an EPIC failure because my brain can't translate american biscuit to english biscuit! lol
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Okie - I am with you, no tub would be a deal breaker. I too love my nightly soak with my book.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

treadmill jog - barefoot - 25.19min, 6.0-7.0sp, 135ahr, 9.44min mi, 2.60mi= 278c
    Apple Watch- 298c

forgot my monkey feet
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Katla – welcome home, hope that cold/kid germ yucky goes away quick!

Allie – your trip to NYC sounds awful!

Thanks all for listening to me and putting in some ideas and help. I did start by trying gently and without telling why to find out what she’s been eating, in general and specifically before a bout of “trouble” so found out things that are easing my mind, not a complete answer and medical help is still needed, but she has been eating blueberries for breakfast and a beet salad for lunch for a few days – both will do creative things to the color and consistency of feces…. And before each bout of trouble she has been out to a big heavy luncheon (filet mignon yesterday) She usually eats lighter and more fish than beef…

Overall my mom’s health is good, a bit deaf, minor high blood pressure, has a pacemaker. Takes calcium and a blood pressure med. That’s it. She is still mentally sharp, drives, walks 1-2 miles a day, volunteers 3 days a month… BUT she is stubborn and Hates doctors and medical stuff in general, so we will not be doing an emergency room visit, but I am working on finding out when her next doctor’s appointment is and seeing if I can come. Cause then I can speak up. She also is very private of anything going on with any part of her generally kept under clothing.

She got a good night’s sleep and I am monitoring the going ons more than I usually do.

As this was an unplanned visit – I have a babysitting job tonight and lunch with friends tomorrow and will be doing those, which is good for my mental sanity.

Kim from N. California

Kim Until you figure out what is going on with your mom, she should avoid taking any anti-inflammatories (Advil, Aleve, Aspirin). If she is willing to do it, next time she poops she should leave it in the toilet without flushing and come back to look at it in 30 minutes. If there is a maroon halo around the poo, it's very likely to be blood. xoxo

Karen in Virginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Karen I’ll try, but she will be resistant- thanks maybe if she goes in the night I can check in the night
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Crisis averted in my world. I couldn't find 1/2 of hubs Halloween costume and my wig, arguably the most important part of mine. I looked where I thought they were....and they weren't there. I looked in the other place they might be, not there. I looked for almost an hour, a lot of that in the shop that isn't air conditioned, and it was 96 F here today. I finally found them, whew!

Okie in the (hot) TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    My health journey is in a terrible place. I have gained 15 of the 25 pounds I lost back and I am struggling terribly to find the determination to get back on the right path. The only food I am wanting is junk and even on days that i do make a healthy option for my lunch if someone offers something else I buy it. This not only costs me money but also is costing me my waistline. Maybe I’ll just leave money at home this week. That will make me have to say no. The other struggle I am having is getting my water in. I just keep forgetting to drink it at work. I fill my bottle and it sits there. Maybe I need to set an alarm for this.

Hugs to those that need them and high fives to those with successes.
    Tracey in Edmonton where we are enjoying the nicest weather we have had since last July (2018)

Many of my work colleagues buy their lunches, which in Hobart, amounts to $10-$15/day. I bring my lunch and it costs about $3.50/day.

One of my colleagues and I had a chat about that one day ... I was assembling my lunch and she was unwrapping whatever it was that she got from a local cafe. She commented that her lunches were probably about $15/day and she was starting to think that might be a little bit much ... then she stopped to think for a moment. $15/day = $75/week = $300/month = $3600/year. As she walked out of the kitchen she said, "I could fly somewhere and have a holiday for that!!" She's in another department now so I don't know whether she started bringing her own lunch or not.

Yes, not bringing money might help, and adding it all up might as well. :) Put the money you're saving toward something.

As for water, I used to bring it in a bottle and wouldn't drink it ... it just sat there. Then I bought a "glass" (it's an outdoor dining acrylic) and now I put my bottle in the fridge so the water gets cold and fill my glass from the cold water several times a day. Somehow drinking from a glass seemed better.

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This is one of the ways we can get off the island (Tasmania) ... the other is to fly.

This photo was taken yesterday morning by Wes Bowler, a Coastal Photographer.
    https://www.instagram.com/lonniesnaps_photography/?hl=en

Spirit Of Tasmania heading out this morning (c)lonniesnaps_photography (insta)
    ma8kpxoq11vq.png

Machka in Oz
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I have read every post, but just really haven’t had anything to post myself. The weather is cooler and so awesome. However, it makes me want to eat...a lot! I think it was so hot for so long, now it’s cool and I don’t mind heating up the house with the oven.

I have a nasty cold. I just want to be in bed, but my mom really wanted to go to the park. The dry leaves were really rough on my already irritated respiratory system. Oh well, it was a beautiful day and mom walked the slowest 3/4 of a mile ever, but hey, she did it!!

Hugs to all!
    Connie in KY