Debate: how do YOU eat this cookie?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I'd look around to see if anyone brought actual chocolate chip cookies. The M&Ms spoil those for me, they just seem weird in the cookie, texture-wise.

OMGosh, there you go again: I think that's exactly right. (IIRC, I think I've only disagreed with you once ever (on some minor food preference, but I don't recall what). Jeesh.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I really like M&M's, but some reason I have never liked them in cookies. No idea why. And this time of year all thoughts have gone to Pumpkin Cookies, better yet Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I don't. I don't like M&M's in cookies. (ducks and runs)

This an improvement?

o4uoky28xgks.png

Minor improvement. I don't like the candy shell part in cookies. The candy shell on Reese's Pieces are thinner and not so crunchy, so they're OK. Still wouldn't be my first choice.

b2j22z88bc0t.jpg

THIS is my top choice... or one of them anyway! Also love classic chocolate chip cookie dough and oatmeal raisin

Love, love, love!

I got let go from subway because I refused to bake the cookies to their standard of chrispiness. But, nobody would buy them on those days. Let them be soft and chewy and the rack was gone by 1pm.

I would eat the cookie in the op quickly. So fast that I would then regret not enjoying it and have to have another....time to do some baking methinks.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I eat the crispy outside edges first. Then eat the chewy middle, trying to have at least 1 m&m per bite.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Just like ice cream, I am not a fan of chunks in my cookies (chocolate chips get a pass in cookies but not in ice cream). I do not make cookies with peanuts, candies, raisins, etc. I prefer a smooth cookie like ginger cookies, peanut butter (creamy only) cookies, molasses cookies, and snickerdoodles. My favorite are burned butter cardamom cookies, they melt in the mouth.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,750 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Just like ice cream, I am not a fan of chunks in my cookies (chocolate chips get a pass in cookies but not in ice cream). I do not make cookies with peanuts, candies, raisins, etc. I prefer a smooth cookie like ginger cookies, peanut butter (creamy only) cookies, molasses cookies, and snickerdoodles. My favorite are burned butter cardamom cookies, they melt in the mouth.
    WANT!! :o

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Put all three pieces in my mouth.. 😂
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »
    I can't. I can only have a keto cookie. A fried egg slathered in mayonnaise and sprinkled with Splenda. vcz4rp1grhwm.gif

Wrap the egg in bacon & call it a sandwich :):)

If you cook the bacon really dark and the egg over-hard, you could pretend it's an oreo.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    WANT!! :o

Ask and ye shall receive:

Burnt Butter Cardamom Cookies (makes about 4 dozen)

1 cup butter
    3/4 c sugar
    1 large egg (yolk only)
    1 Tbl vanilla
    3/4 tsp ground cardamom (use more or less depending on your taste)
    2 c. flour
    1 c. powdered sugar

Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Continue cooking until butter just starts to turn golden brown (3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and watch closely). Butter will get foamy and bubble. Immediately remove from heat, pour into a bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes or until room temperature.

Combine cooled browned butter and sugar in bowl; beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add egg yolk, vanilla and cardamom; continue beating until well mixed. Beat at low speed, gradually adding flour, until mixture is no longer crumbly and forms dough.

Shape into 1" balls. Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes until they puff and just start to turn golden. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool 1 minute. Roll in powdered sugar when warm and a second time when completely cooled. Store in an airtight container in layers separated by waxed paper.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    The ingredients compete too much, I don't like the idea. Cookies and M&M's should be their own star. If I had to eat this I would break it apart, pull out all the M&M's and clean all the cookie crumbs off of them, eat the cookie part with milk, then eat the M&M's on their own as an after cookie snack.
  • lkpducky
    Options
    @earlnabby thank you!! those look heavenly!
  • lkpducky
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »
    I can't. I can only have a keto cookie. A fried egg slathered in mayonnaise and sprinkled with Splenda. vcz4rp1grhwm.gif

Wrap the egg in bacon & call it a sandwich :):)

If you cook the bacon really dark and the egg over-hard, you could pretend it's an oreo.

You've got a much better imagination than I do :p
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options

I agree on the chunks. I can do maybe ONE mix in... (i.e. JUST m&m's or chocolate chips..) but when you start adding a ton of stuff it's too much. Like brownies with marshmallows, walnuts, chocolate, peanut butter cups, etc. TOO MUCH
  • earlnabby
    Options

like this.. ehhh0yt0dmwd9h6u.jpg

Those are bars. Completely different than cookies ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

This an improvement?

o4uoky28xgks.png

Minor improvement. I don't like the candy shell part in cookies. The candy shell on Reese's Pieces are thinner and not so crunchy, so they're OK. Still wouldn't be my first choice.

b2j22z88bc0t.jpg

THIS is my top choice... or one of them anyway! Also love classic chocolate chip cookie dough and oatmeal raisin

Oatmeal raisin Subway cookies are heaven!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    No oatmeal raisin? Those are my weakness! These I can pass on. The candy just doesn't work for me in a cookie form
  • pancakerunner
    Options

This an improvement?

o4uoky28xgks.png

b2j22z88bc0t.jpg

Oatmeal raisin Subway cookies are heaven!

YES! Underrated for sure.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    suuz69b5qc5r.jpg
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Eat it like a normal cookie, except making sure not to bite through the m&m (it’s a texture thing).