Coffeeeeee☕️

Replies

• Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    I love coffee! In the mornings I grind Starbucks house blend and drink 2 cups. Sometimes black or with a little bit of almond milk for a treat. In the evenings I drink McDs decaf. 😋🤤
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    Black. maybe once or twice a month Ill stop for a latte, (white chocolate banana is my favorite) but I drink a pot black daily
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Black cooffee for me - I like Columbian - There are several goo ones- During the day I like iced coffee also black.
    Back in the day I used to splash some Jim Beam in there , but no more of that
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Who grinds their own? I have a capresso electric burr grinder. I think fresh grounds are the best.

I do but that's just because my store has a limited selection, and the coffee I prefer only comes in whole beans lol. I usually grind up a whole bag at once and keep it in the freezer.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Whatever k cup is available with tons of almond or coconut milk, sugar free creamer and splenda to taste like a light and sweet something. Sometimes I'll add coffee to a protein shake if I want something more substantial.
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    You people all seem to like such fancy coffee; am I the only one here who just grinds Dunkin Donut beans? I feel so basic!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Dark and bitter a blend as possible. 20 oz. Add two Splendas and a 1/2 tbsp of CoffeeMate Original for 15 calories. Rinse and repeat 4x per day.

Someone disagreed with how I like my coffee??? LOL Maybe I only think I like my coffee that way?

It wasn't me, but maybe somebody was disagreeing that you like as "bitter a blend as possible" since you then dump two Splendas in it. If you don't like it bitter, just own it. No shame. :smile:

I like it bitter as an old crone on a tall mesa observing the valley where her people once resided in peace, before the war and the ashes and tears, and the diaspora.

And then soaked in Splenda to make it palatable and ensure I get my RDA of six-syllable chemicals.

OMG....had I been drinking my hot, black coffee, it would be spewed all over my lap! That image is perfect and yet a little sad....I feel like a need coffee now.....sigh..... ;)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Who grinds their own? I have a capresso electric burr grinder. I think fresh grounds are the best.

I do but that's just because my store has a limited selection, and the coffee I prefer only comes in whole beans lol. I usually grind up a whole bag at once and keep it in the freezer.

I don't have a fancy grinder but grind my own sometimes. I get coffee beans and grind them at Costco for cold brew. The brand I get just went down in size so I got two last time, ground both, and put one in the freezer. I go through 12 oz. a week making cold brew and make a mess grinding it otherwise. If I'm making hot coffee with a different brand I grind it, I prefer fresh ground.
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Oh, and:
    2 shots Bailey's
    1 shot whiskey
    1/2 cup whipped cream
    I put them in my shaker cup and fill the rest with coffee.
    Does this count?

Yes, it counts. Especially if you freeze left over black coffee in to cubes to add to your shaker for a hot sunny day drink.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Black. maybe once or twice a month Ill stop for a latte, (white chocolate banana is my favorite) but I drink a pot black daily

Where do you get banana latte???
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,123 Member
    I have been through many phases of coffee. Back in the day -- percolator! For years an automatic drip coffee maker. Espresso makers several times. Coffee press, moka maker, and even cold brew. Now I make pour-over one cup at a time unless I'm on the river. Then I drink whatever method the group makes.

I've done skim milk, whole milk, half-and-half, soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, a coconut-based creamer (most recently), and even coconut oil a couple times (never really liked that). I've done sugar, honey, and agave syrup. Honey was my favorite, but no longer. Now I pretty much take it black.

I vary what roast and what coffee source I get. I've lately been enjoying Sumatra from one of two local roasters. One of the roasters makes a fantastic French roast that's mild in acid and full of flavor. Their Colombian is a medium roast, and it's usually good but the last bath isn't quite right. Kona if I can afford it. Grind every day or two depending how much I drink. I would like to try a burr grinder to see if I can tell the difference. For a while I was grinding at the shop to get a good consistency and their grinder is a burr grinder. I tried to dial in my favorite setting, but eventually decided I didn't like to have it sit around already ground so long.

When traveling, sometimes I'll put in a little half-and-half if the coffee is terrible and is my only choice. Every now and then, while on vacation, maybe a splash of Irish cream or whiskey.

But mostly... just give me good coffee! I typically have three 16-ounce servings. I can't drink it after about 14:00 or it gives me trouble sleeping. I can drink tea in the afternoons, and I love that too.

Time to go make another cup of coffee!
  • armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Black as sin and bitter like my ex's mom.

Ditto
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    ☕️ coffee. Every day without fail. Vanilla soy creamer is what I’m loving now.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    I like the coffee from the chocolate emporium that you have to grind yourself. I use a pour-over and then add 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream. Since I can't always get that coffee, I do like to try to Aldi seasonal coffees and dunkin donuts vanilla cupcake coffee grounds are always a hit. I do the same 1T of heavy whipping cream to all the coffees :D
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Any decent coffee black. At home I use a French press.
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Black coffee is best with a shot of Frangelico!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,123 Member
    @Analog_Kid - that would be the ORIGINAL hazelnut coffee. I should go by the liquor store and see if they have an airplane bottle. I want to try that, but it would take me years to go through a full sized bottle.
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @Analog_Kid - that would be the ORIGINAL hazelnut coffee. I should go by the liquor store and see if they have an airplane bottle. I want to try that, but it would take me years to go through a full sized bottle.

Once you try it, that full size bottle won't last very long!