Thanksgiving: What are you bringing to the table?

Replies

• KimberlyCapone
    KimberlyCapone Posts: 42 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I’m bringing my credit card—we don’t cook at home, usually meet friends at the country club for Thanksgiving dinner.

I like your style! We eat out on Thanksgiving as well and it's pretty much the greatest thing ever!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,155 Member
    I’m bringing my credit card—we don’t cook at home, usually meet friends at the country club for Thanksgiving dinner.

I like your style! We eat out on Thanksgiving as well and it's pretty much the greatest thing ever!

Indeed! It's amazing how much happier the holidays are once you eliminate grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning up! Plus we all get to eat exactly what we want (I'll just be over there by the prime rib, thanks!)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited November 2019
    I do turkey but then the rest is a British roast, if it's just me and the husband. Mashed potatoes, roasties, carrot and turnip, something green (sprouts for me, green beans for him probably) and Oxo gravy made with the bastings and carrot water and some other things. Not sure about dessert yet. I'm actually not eating meat so much right now so will have to see if I can just get a breast/quarter to cook for him. Oh and I will make some cranberry sauce.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    I'm bringing everything ... from the kitchen to the dining area.🦃

Worthington vegetarian turkey
    Fruit stuffing (raisin bread, cranberries, etc)
    Roasted asparagus
    Some sort of potatoes
    Relish tray, mostly olives
    Can-shaped cranberry sauce
    Probably pumpkin 🥧
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    We're hosting this year (smaller group, only 7 adults 2 kids) so we'll be doing it all - though my mom is bringing the rolls, sister is bringing dessert and I'm sure my father-in-law will bring dessert too, always does. We're doing the standard meal: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cheesy cauliflower, sweet potato casserole and corn.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Fancy *pinkies out*
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I usually cook the whole shebang, but this year my five far-flung adult children, along with their spouses and kids, are all congregating in a rented house for the holiday and bringing in a meal from Whole Foods. The menu looks fabulous but there's always room for more pie, so I'm bringing my mincemeat pie (beloved by a few but spurned by most) and pecan pie (only marginally more popular). Why bring such unloved desserts? They're my personal favorites and its all about me.
    That’s why we always had orange jello with apricots at my moms house!