Anyone watch "The Game changers" documentary ?

2»

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Not sure if they're still doing it this season but last season a bunch of Tennessee Titans players adopted a plant based diet. Are they featured in the documentary?

https://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/26419/vegan-meals-all-the-rage-for-titans-with-15-players-converted
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Not sure if they're still doing it this season but last season a bunch of Tennessee Titans players adopted a plant based diet. Are they featured in the documentary?

https://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/26419/vegan-meals-all-the-rage-for-titans-with-15-players-converted

Yes, the wife of one of the players is a vegan chef. The documentary shows her making all their meals for them. The food looks amazing, I’m not surprised they all converted!
  • Angryvegan
    Angryvegan Posts: 6 Member
    There wasn't a lot of new info here. They touch on why meat and dairy gets pushed and then try to show with very small sample experiments why plant based is better. They don't try to tell everyone to go vegan, they don't get into ethics. I appreciate that.

One thing I found interesting is how they talked about our ancestors and that we assume people are mostly meat because of Bones and tools left behind and then point out that plants don't need weapons and tools to consume and that ancestors diet was likely more based on plants with some meat.. they said "science confirms" but I didn't see the evidence. Still interesting and makes sense

Whether you like best it not, it's hard to not agree that more plants is better generally for health. I wish people wouldn't get so defensive about eating plant based.
  • Angryvegan
    Angryvegan Posts: 6 Member
    I wasn't directing that to this thread, more a generalization
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    I watched it and thought it was well done. Being a vegan athlete myself I can certainly attest to the claims of pretty much all of my athletic abilites increasing 10-fold once eliminating animal products entirely. Also my sleep got way better as did my skin, hair, nails. Pretty much everything got better, including my mental focus.

I was vegetarian for a long time and it all came down to fish and eggs. I only "thought" I felt good but there was always some underlying thing going on. I finally gave up the fish and eggs and within a day or two I literally felt like I was born again.

Anyways, again, I thought it was a good docu. and it gets the point across. I'd recommend it for anyone who is interested in a plant based diet for health and weight loss - not necessarily for ethical reasons.

Agreed.. whether the documentary cherry-picks or not, I am also a vegan plant-based athlete and have seen it work wonders on my performance, physique, face, hair, nails, digestion.. pretty much every aspect. I eased into it over the course of 6 months so that I could monitor how I felt making the changes. Definitely worth considering.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    It's a heap of crap XD Vegan propaganda
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    It's a heap of crap XD Vegan propaganda

Its not crap. Its an interesting watch, but it is not a study. Its a documentary skewed in one direction.

What I mean by crap, is that it's skewed and biased. There are plenty of healthy people that eat animals and animal products. We evolved to eat them. It was a good laugh for me to watch. Especially the bit with penis measurement lmfao!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Review of the film with actual science. Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Ju_HdWB0Y