got my complete blood count done yesterday

i actually have never been so excited to get results from blood work in my life,
excited to figure out why im always exhausted, acid reflux, hair falling out (used to be to my waist now to my shoulders) dry skin, in general my health is not good lately.

Replies

• mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    all those symptoms it was anemia

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I have lots of those symptoms when my anemia gets out of control.

Keep us posted!

Good lord! You are one tough gal!🙏
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    katermari wrote: »
    i actually have never been so excited to get results from blood work in my life,
    excited to figure out why im always exhausted, acid reflux, hair falling out (used to be to my waist now to my shoulders) dry skin, in general my health is not good lately.

I hope you get some answers and that it's easily remedied :smile:
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Do you know when you’ll get the results?
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2019
    Lower expectations. Unless you have anemia due to iron deficiency you are gonna get more tests. The CBC is like a flyover. Get a look at the terrain from high altitude in that blood and then when something is out of norm they will drill down with more tests. The CBC is the portal. What comes next is driven by the results of the CBC. There are a lot of things that cause your symptoms. Let it unfold naturally without jumping to conclusions.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Lower expectations. Unless you have anemia due to iron deficiency you are gonna get more tests. The CBC is like a flyover. Get a look at the terrain from high altitude in that blood and then when something is out of norm they will drill down with more tests. The CBC is the portal. What comes next is driven by the results of the CBC. There are a lot of things that cause your symptoms. Let it unfold naturally without jumping to conclusions.

This. CBC is a starting place, and is highly unlikely to give you an actual answer. It will hopefully point in a direction for further investigation.
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    How many calories do you consume daily? These are also classic symptoms of undernourishment.

i consume 1600 before i binge ( i am a recovering closet binge eater)
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    You will be happier not to diagnose from symptoms on the Internet. Nothing good can come of it. Save your responses to the diagnosing physician. It has been well proven that patients who thing they have a particular condition tend to overstate the symptoms that pertain to it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2019
    katermari wrote: »
    all my levels came back normal. i am now even more confused and lost than ever.

CBC won’t show much unless your problem is anemia.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    did they do a CMP (complete metabolic panel) as well as a CBC? and second what AnnPT77asked about TSH? (my doc has to order that separately for me when i get bloodwork done)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    I would add, t4 and t3, as part of thyroid panel, you can be told things are normal range when its what is optimum for yourself, the numbers are like a bell curve and some do better mid range or upper or lower from experience, its personal. The man who invented the tsh testing says the test is not being used as intended, the way it is used only tells part of the story. I hope you are blessed with a well trained medic.

Vitamins and minerals can be low, I hope you can have those tested. B12 is essential for energy and much, much more. Ingesting it from meat requires some specific enzymes and possibly digestive microbes it is possible with acid reflux low microbes may be involved, can be caused by present or historic antibiotic use, some other medications also reduce microbe colonies, having low digestive acid too can contribute but you can't assume reflux is definitely low acid it may not be. B12 can be given as injections but there is one product I know of, there are probably more which contain the enzymes to aid absorption.

I know I will be jumped on for mentioning this, I veer towards the functional side of medicine, they use the same blood tests but look for the reasons often taking dietary actions to aid the reaction required rather than medication because nutrition is what will probably work better in the long run giving the body what it needs to function well rather than something synthetic or something which is designed to work as a sticking plaster while the issue is only part addressed.

Our bodies are so complicated, read what you can around your symptoms, keep to medical papers, many are free to read, Hospital research papers and the like, if you venture into blogs look for the authority if there is no quotation then beware, you may find the same information else where with a quotation.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    I would add, t4 and t3, as part of thyroid panel, you can be told things are normal range when its what is optimum for yourself, the numbers are like a bell curve and some do better mid range or upper or lower from experience, its personal. The man who invented the tsh testing says the test is not being used as intended, the way it is used only tells part of the story. I hope you are blessed with a well trained medic.

Vitamins and minerals can be low, I hope you can have those tested. B12 is essential for energy and much, much more. Ingesting it from meat requires some specific enzymes and possibly digestive microbes it is possible with acid reflux low microbes may be involved, can be caused by present or historic antibiotic use, some other medications also reduce microbe colonies, having low digestive acid too can contribute but you can't assume reflux is definitely low acid it may not be. B12 can be given as injections but there is one product I know of, there are probably more which contain the enzymes to aid absorption.

I know I will be jumped on for mentioning this, I veer towards the functional side of medicine, they use the same blood tests but look for the reasons often taking dietary actions to aid the reaction required rather than medication because nutrition is what will probably work better in the long run giving the body what it needs to function well rather than something synthetic or something which is designed to work as a sticking plaster while the issue is only part addressed.

Our bodies are so complicated, read what you can around your symptoms, keep to medical papers, many are free to read, Hospital research papers and the like, if you venture into blogs look for the authority if there is no quotation then beware, you may find the same information else where with a quotation.

I was going to suggest reverse T3 as well.
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    they tested my thyroid too. I am so lost and confused, i feel like giving up.