Can’t gain weight - help please

2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    I don't understand :( Boost and weird stuff (more the power to you if that's what you enjoy... but)....something wrong with ice cream, or chocolate covered brownies with ice cream, or peanut butter and jam sandwiches?

If you want to continue on the "healthy food" trend, bigger portions of your morning cereals and more avocado may help! How do you eat your avocado? In a salad? On toast? with nachos? You can add olive oil and more avocado to your avocado and choose different dippers if you're having it as a dip! But do note that if you are trying to be anabolic and have calories to spare, carbs are not your enemy-to the contrary!

Not only are you supposed to eat your active calories, but if you want to bulk you should be eating a total surplus above.

AND MFP and APPLE often have an integration problem and you end up with less calories on MFP after you've logged your exercise even though you're supposed to be ending up with more!

You want to make sure that your active+inactive+exercise+whatever the heck else calories IN TOTAL from your apple watch at least match very closely the total of what you've eaten on MFP.

And adjust from there as to whether you need to eat a little bit more, or a little bit less, based on what your weight trend does in response.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks to everyone for the tips.
    I’ve always eaten pretty well and just been trying to increase the frequency and portion sizes. I’m guessing I just have to eat junk?
    Currently stuffing myself with eggs, chicken, nuts and avacados! Not too bad - can handle that, but not keen on the idea of too much fat. When I check the ratios on the app I’m 50 carbs 30 protein and 20 fat.

To be successful you need to stop categorizing food as junk, not junk or healthy. That’s not truly how any of this works inspite of the ten billion commercials and ads telling your otherwise.