"Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom " Group 7

Options

Replies

• tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday to your daughter as well! :smile: My (3rd) son can't wait until he turns 14, in Feb. He knows 1) that he will finally get a cell phone & 2) he will be able to get his drivers permit. He can't wait to drive :sad:

Thank you!! What...he can get his driving permit at 14?? My oldest daughter is dying!! All of her friends are 6 months to a year older than she is (all sophomores), and already have their learners permit or getting their license. Here they have to be 15 1/2 to get learners permit and 16 to get license. She says this year will be the longest year of her life!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to all!!!

I cannot imagine have a teenager--how scary!!!! It always strikes me as odd when I see my facebook friends that I graduated high school with talking about their kids going to prom, driving, etc--and here I am worrying about potty training and getting ready for a newborn!!! Of course I am considered a "geriatric pregnancy"--lovely, huh?! :)

I'm happy to report that I am on the mend. My cold is getting better, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zofran!!! My nausea isn't 100% gone, but it cuts it down significantly. I'm away for a work conference next week (Vegas, baby!) but when I return I'm hoping to get back into my morning workout routine. I'll be 11 weeks at that point and nearing the end of this awful first trimester!!!

Keep up the great work ladies, you guys all are rocking it!!!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday to your daughter as well! :smile: My (3rd) son can't wait until he turns 14, in Feb. He knows 1) that he will finally get a cell phone & 2) he will be able to get his drivers permit. He can't wait to drive :sad:

Thank you!! What...he can get his driving permit at 14?? My oldest daughter is dying!! All of her friends are 6 months to a year older than she is (all sophomores), and already have their learners permit or getting their license. Here they have to be 15 1/2 to get learners permit and 16 to get license. She says this year will be the longest year of her life!!

Yep. Permit at 14, then drivers ed, and a license at 16. Now, if you live out in the country, you can get a school permit. That allows you to drive back and forth, to school and school functions, without having your license yet. A few years back, one of the students here, (driving w/ a school permit) was crossing the highway and got t-boned by a semi. It's a miracle she lived...it was awful!!
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, Week 6 (8/29)

Hello, Hot Moms!! Check out the weekly stats below.

Ta6jA.png

We have lost over 200 pounds!!

Here's a quick summary of the past 6 weeks. I re-did the numbers to account for all the late check-ins.

LP1i5.png

Way to knock it out of the park!! As a group, we lost more pounds this week than the previous 4 weigh-ins! This is going to make a HUGE difference in reaching our goal weights by New Year’s.

Is anyone wondering what happened to Group 5? Their captain hasn’t checked in since August 1, and they only had a couple of members who checked in regularly. Their posts were fewer and coming days apart, and I was afraid we’d lose them. Group 7 “adopted” the active Group 5 members – :flowerforyou: many THANKS to Group 5's captain, wanna_be_fit!!:flowerforyou: And look what happened when the groups joined together!

ep96k.png

As a combined group, these ladies are losing more together than they were apart! And they are more active on their group postings as well. Having a larger active group can make a big difference. If you want to see how the other groups are doing, then check out their threads below.

Have a great week, Hot Moms!!

GROUP 1:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294382--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-1-closed-group

GROUP 2:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294130-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-2-closed-thread

GROUP 3:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/318548-rambling-random-hot-moms-closed

GROUP 4:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294495-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mama-group-4-closed-group

GROUPS 5 & 6 – Discontinued. Active members of Group 5 moved to Group 7.

GROUP 7:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293681--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-7

GROUP 8:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293856-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-8-closed-thread

GROUP 9:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293799-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-9-closed-group

GROUP 10:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299782-hot-mom-closed-group-mommies-in-control
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    amazing, we are all doing so well.
    had a terrible start to the week, i havent logged any food in the diary or completed any exercise.
    but i am glad to report i just came back from a 6 mile run, and i enjoyed it as it is getting slightly easier each time i go out.
    I set myself a mini goal which was to weigh 160 by october 7th as we are going to london to pick up an award/prize my hubby has won. Today i altered that goal to 158, which is a brilliant feeling.
    i was just reading your threads about the driving permits, over here you can ride up to a 125cc motorbike when you turn 16, you have to wait until you are 17 before you can get behind the wheel of a car.
    i am going away for a few days, should be back on sunday, so i will check in then, good luck everybody for the rest of the week, and keep motivated and positive xxx
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    Its my birthday today! So im not really going to track my floor today but definitely tomorrow!
    happy birthday have a great day xxx
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Its my birthday today! So im not really going to track my floor today but definitely tomorrow!

Happy Birthday
  • renaegry
    Options
    Good afternoon all. Just got back from the dentist today, and now on my way to get the kids hair cuts. My son starts grade 1 tomorrow. It is going to be a huge adjustment for him going everyday.

Didn't eat the greatest today, went to BP's and had a whole individial tropical chicken pizza - but man was it good. Going to either go out for my 5km walk/jog, or will hit the treadmill for 30 min. Depends on the weather later in the day.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I want to be a hot mom!! :) I Want to join!!! This be fun!!
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday. Hope youhad a great day
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!! Scale still up a bit this morning, but I am having a killer TOM!! I wish I could just flip the switch and turn it off...I am done with it...and this perimenopause stuff is awful!! So, I know that is the reason for the fluctuation in the scale. I ate well yesterday, but did not get any exercise done...well, I did a 10 minute upper body routine with weights in my office, but nothing significant. I had the best of intentions yesteray, and planned to at least walk while my daughter was at soccer practice, but started having some back pain/sciatic issues in the afternoon, which have just gotten progressively worse. I have a history of back/neck/sciatic problems as a result of a car accident in 2005 (which ultimately lead to my weight gain, if you have read my profile). Since I made my lifestyle changes over the past year and a half, been exercising/running and eating better, I have not had any back flare ups. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary yesterday, so not sure what caused this. But, as a result, I am resting and taking muscle relaxers today...guess it wasn't meant to be, but hope that this is just a short setback and will be better soon. I hope everyone else is having a good day...make it a great one!! Tammy
  • renaegry
    Options
    Never did get that workout in yesturday, but did get up at 630am and do my 5km walk/jog this morning.

Got my computer back to find that they wiped the whole thing clean, so all my programs, files - are gone.

I do books out of my home, and didn't quite have everything backed up, and 1 file that I did have backed up is corrupts. So I have 2 companies that I have to redo from Nov 2010 - -grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Woot! Weighed in today at 153.2, so that's .4lbs of the 2.6lb implants compensated for and only 2.2lbs remaining before I can jump back in officially without hurting numbers! I actually had a pretty AWESOME free personal training session yesterday I earned with a promo 24hr Fitness was running. What was great is that it was with a totally different trainer (I felt like I was cheating on my go-to... Randy, with Ben... I actually felt a little guilty, lol) who was very familiar with working with ladies recovering from the same procedures I had and none of his clients had complications vs. the ladies who tried to "go-it-alone" and screwed up their results.

I kinda feel like my rate of weight-loss could actually be going faster despite my recovery status, so I think I'll be bumping my net cals up to 2100 next week, ESPECIALLY since I'm resuming my SAHM duties and every-other-day workouts. The new trainer calipered me yesterday at 19.37% body-fat, only 0.42nd of a % from pre-op; which can be chalked up to 1.) different trainer 2.) natural daily variance which some guys report can be up to 2% and 3.) well, recovering on my tush like expected. But there was a HUGE difference in my abdominal skinfold measurement; from 20-21mm pre-op to 17mm post-op!!! =D

Anyway, here's an updated pic that I use as my signature on one of the plastic surgery forums:
    19dPost-opSide151-2-1-1.jpg
    So yeah... I'm DEFINITELY feeling the part of a HOT MOM! =D
  • Cherilea
    Options
    ~ MY FRIDAY WEIGH IN 9-2-11 ~

I lost 1.4 lbs this week :smile: That is a total of 9.2 lbs lost since starting Hot Moms!! :drinker:
  • renaegry
    Options
    Cherrie and Izzie - way to go on this weeks weight loss

Not sure how I did it but I am down 2 pounds today at 152.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi, it seems like everyone is doing awesome!

I weighed in at 148.8 today...a lost of 1.4 this week :smile: I'm super motivated because I haven't seen 140 something on the scale in years.
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Still on vacation so I can't weigh in this week. I have been under my cals for the most part with all the exercise so hope there is no gain. I am having a blast though so it really doesn't matter while on vacation. Next week the kids are back at school so I should be able to get back in the swing of things with the gym and eating right.:bigsmile:
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    152.4 this a.m.!!! 1.2lbs of silicone compensated for, 1.4 more lbs before I'm back!!! =D
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!!!!! I'm actually on the upswing this week--back to 149.4. Not sweating it because I think it is a lot of bloating--I've been staying pretty much in my calorie goal range so I shouldn't have had much of a true gain. I think that I'm going to have to up my fiber or something--I'd forgotten how bad constipation is in pregnancy! (I know, TMI). I'm so bloated that my lower belly is measuring 2 inches bigger than it was just a few weeks ago. And since I'm only 9 1/2 weeks that has nothing to do with baby, and everything to do with bloating. Ugh!!

I'll work on getting the chart together this weekend and post it Monday or Tuesday. We're headed to Vegas on Sunday--mostly work for me, but fun for the rest of the family. I'll be in a conference from 7a-6p M-W, but then I'll have Thursday to just hang out and do touristy stuff.

Hope you guys have a great holiday weekend!!!! :smile:
  • Cherilea
    Options
    WOW...great job everyone!!! And thank you once again, Group 7, for adopting some our G - 5 orphans (including myself)! lol I love being in an active group once again :heart: :heart: