Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

What do you do to resist the urge to "pig out?"

I usually either read a real book or do something crafty because I don't want to eat enough to get whatever it is dirty.

Today, my answer was a big salad for lunch though. Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, snow peas, blueberries, with a llitle shredded cheese, bacon, and roasted red pepper dressing. I still pigged out, but it was nutrient-rich, colorful pigging out that met my 5 a day fruits and veggies goal.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I have an enormous capacity too, @kellyjellybellyjelly - I have a small frame but can EASILY eat more than a huge man, before my body feels too full. It's hard because I enjoy feeling full. Not just sated, but really full. I don't know why.

We have a lot of leftovers in the house right now that are not healthy and I'm home today, and really trying so hard to resist the urge. You know, leftovers, they don't really have calories right? Because we're doing our civic duty to finish them? So instead, I literally ate four whole heads of romaine lettuce with a greek yogurt dressing for lunch. Now I'm full, but that is a lot of lettuce.

What do you do to resist the urge to "pig out?"

When I'm not binging (so far so good) I'll usually allow myself to eat something sweet a day & then say I can eat more the next day.

Sometimes I find taking a bath helps calm me, reading a book (need to seriously reed more), watch a movie on the TV & not have snacks, or play a game on my iPad.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Returned the new 20-pound weighted blanket I bought last week. I didn't mind the weight, but the stuff they put in the blanket seemed to clump all at the top & not evenly distribute even after shaking it. I hate returning items (threw the packaging away), but took it to the store I work at since we can look up transactions with debit/credit since I probably threw the receipt away. I love that we can look transactions now from other stores like Target supposedly does.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I think you're great for recognising and having that conversation with your son. Unfortunately while ever society has this whole slut-shaming nonsense going on, girls are trained from a young age to play it coy or be negatively labelled. I think it's a ridiculous set up. Be up front, be thoughtful, be safe. It's better for everyone.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I don’t like poly/acrylic sweaters...
    Why is it so difficult to find a good ole cotton sweater?
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

Me, too. Oklahoma can be very hot and humid. I am from the Pacific Northwest and don't do well in hot, and especially humid. I try to live in at least 95% cotton, and only wear poly in the dead of winter, if then.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Pamela_Sue wrote: »

Me, too. Oklahoma can be very hot and humid. I am from the Pacific Northwest and don't do well in hot, and especially humid. I try to live in at least 95% cotton, and only wear poly in the dead of winter, if then.

Amazon has them for reasonable prices in the States. (Not that my British and Canadian friends are hot and humid in November)
  • Beka3695
    Options

Amazon has them for reasonable prices in the States. (Not that my British and Canadian friends are hot and humid in November)

You still have to really pick thru them. I have searched for cotton and still get acrylic. I hate how acrylic gets those little balls on it... So aggravating.

Last year I found cotton Ralph Lauren sweaters at Kohls for like $20. Looking back I wish I had bought more.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

You still have to really pick thru them. I have searched for cotton and still get acrylic. I hate how acrylic gets those little balls on it... So aggravating.

Last year I found cotton Ralph Lauren sweaters at Kohls for like $20. Looking back I wish I had bought more.

I found my absolute favorite sweater at Marshall's. Super light cashmere for $20. I didn't know I'd love it so much, but I suspect since it was Marshall's there wasn't multiples of it to buy anyway.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

I found my absolute favorite sweater at Marshall's. Super light cashmere for $20. I didn't know I'd love it so much, but I suspect since it was Marshall's there wasn't multiples of it to buy anyway.

I saw cashmere sweaters at TJ Maxx last weekend. I may have to go back...
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I think I will go this coming weekend. I will be in an area that has Marshall's/TJ/ and Home Goods all in one shopping center. They carry a spice that I ADORE but can only find there. Well - I am too cheap to buy from the company website as it is DOUBLE the cost!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    You can find the Jordan's Skinny syrups at the Home Goods store too. If you like using flavored syrups in coffee, those are the bomb. Zero calorie.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I gave the Skinny Syrups I bought away. I was not a fan. Too sweet, and not very flavorful. I got the pumpkin three pack.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
    I went to the early morning workout at my Y with Tamara and then came home and made pies. We then made homemade pizzas for lunch because it's just us and there's no reason to cook that much food twice in a month. I will do the hard work at Christmas. :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    The baby belly pix are terrific!!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Oh no! Freezing my butt off right now! I don’t think I’ve been without a sweater for about a month!