There are no dumb Question? Or are there?

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Not food related, but these two happened at work. (I'm a car insurance claims adjuster)

"What's an intersection?"

and

"What's a windshield?"

Oh m word!! And these people drive?!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The dumbest questions I've ever encountered were each of the times I was pregnant with my children. I went passed my due date with both of my sons and everyone asked "haven't you had that baby yet?" I finally started replying "why yes I have but I missed the blinding backaches and swollen ankles so much that I tucked a watermelon under my shirt"

And this one takes the cake. I got a new cell phone number so I texted it to my ex husband so he would change it in his contact list. He calls me, I pick up the phone, say hello and he actually said "is this your new phone number?" :laugh: :laugh: Um yeah judging by the fact that you did hear my voice on the other end, I'm thinking you have mastered the cell phone...
  • mommared53
    Options
    My husband who is an IT gets the best ones at work...

Employee: This web site is not working
    Hubby: You left out a w in www, just add it
    Employee: ok, where should I add it
    Hubby: *sigh*

Another...

At a company meeting, presenter puts up a slide of "on this day" and the years of the events are 1909, 1945, 1958, 1967, 1981, 2003. Hubby speaks up and says, "I have only been alive for one of those." Dead serious a woman says "really, which one?"

:noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    Options
    I came home in the midst of a downpour one morning.

I walk in the front door and comment to the hubs.."Wow it's really raining"

He says.."Outside?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No darling, in the refrigerator. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    edited for spelling.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital and this was a moment I had while talking to my coworker...

Me: I don't understand! Why would they be giving this person vitamin K when their potassium(K) level is 6.0? I mean, they got some diuretics, so maybe pre-emptively want to prevent it from going low, but they could always supplement later.

Coworker: silently nodding, wide eyed at me

Me: ...Nevermind.. vitamin K is not potassium.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had this conversation yesterday witha co-worker:

Me: Did you see the procedure was updated to say the address has to verify for 90 days instead of 3 months. Why would they change that and make it a shorter time frame?

Co-worker just looks at me.

Me: OH wait...90 days and 3 months are the same thing. I was thinking 90 days was only a month and a half.

Yes I was off my game yesterday and decided our months are 45 days long.
  • mommared53
    Options
    This is no joke, I have a friend who was eating a bag of dried apricots and on the back of the bag it said "a product of Turkey," and she said, "Aren't apricots fruit? This says they are turkey." WOW!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes, didn't you know turkey is a fruit? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh my land!!! These posts are so hilarious! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I used to teach part time at a local university. On the first day of class I had a student ask me, "How do you want us to spell our names?" UH..... how they are spelled on your birth certificate is fine with me.....
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    One time a friend, who apparently was very bad at both geography and history looked at me and said "Isn't Pearl Harbor in Japan?"

This is both funny and sad at the same time
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I worked as a tour guide on the Alaska Railroadand, two of my favorite where "where does all the snow go during the summer?" and " how far apart are the mile posts?" ( they are EVERY mile btw)

When we decided to move to Alaska, a lawyer friend of my mom's asked, "Are they flying or taking a boat?" My mom said, "They are driving." He said, "Is there a bridge? Isn't Alaska an island?"

I talked to a woman about my children's medical records, and told her that we've moved to Alaska. She responded, "Oh, so this was their last doctor in the states?"

One I got regularly when I worked at a photography studio, was when customers would walk in to pick up their photos and I would hand them to them. They would ask, "How did you know these were mine?"
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My husband once asked me if penguins were birds :-/ When I stopped laughing and told him yes, he asked "well how come they have fur?"

:laugh:
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    As a teenager my family went on a family vacation to myrtle beach. I met a few kids my age and when i told them i was from Canada they replied " Oh, so you can speak Canadian?" I said "Are you serious?" When I realized they weren't joking i turned around and walked away!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    So Are you a Mexican? :huh: I said no I'm Hawaiian.

Where is my pen?!?! It was in my hair. :huh:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law worked as a cashier at a hospital.

A mother was paying up, having just had a baby girl.

My sister-in-law asked what the baby's name was and the mother said that the hospital named her. That the hospital named her. She heard "FAMALI".

When my siste-in-law asked her to spell it, the mother said "its on the pink bracelet they gave her "F-E-M-A-L-E".

Urban legend. Busted! Lol
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 and 20 I used to do roofing. Now we were working on a large commercial building that had a flat roof that was rubber and there a few different levels to the roof and there were a few places that water puddled, before it reached a drain. One of these puddles of water was near the center of the roof, and since we had 5-6 guys working on the roof that puddle was where everyone peed, since you couldn't be seen from anywhere below. It was easier than climbing down 2 stories...

One of my co-workers Rick, who had been there all week and used the puddle like the rest of us all of a sudden went to his knees in front of the puddle and splashed the water on his face to wash it- then he looked at me and said-

"Is this the same puddle we've been peeing in" I will never forget that.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This thread is the definition of awesome!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I asked alex215 what his name was.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I once was driving past a hospital with a friend and she asked why there was an ambulance there lol. The same friend told me it gets colder the closer you get to the equator.

Reminds me of a former friend of mine. So we go on this school trip and we're sharing a room. We check in and she goes to take a shower. She comes out and says, uhhhh our shower is leaking. So I go look. She didn't have the shower curtain on the inside of the bathtub. Same friend also thought that Chik-fil-a was a vegetarian place.
    my daughter would laugh at me because i though it was chick flicks
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    This is no joke, I have a friend who was eating a bag of dried apricots and on the back of the bag it said "a product of Turkey," and she said, "Aren't apricots fruit? This says they are turkey." WOW!
    this is out loud funny
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ok, so Im talking to my sister on my cell phone when I start digging through my purse. I begin to panic. My sister says, "what's wrong?" Me: "I can't find my cell phone." My sister just laughed until I figured it out.

So, not a question, but a really dumb moment. lol