The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Long time, no talk to. How was everyone's weekend?
    Did anyone buy anything on Grey Thursday/Black Friday/Cyber Monday or Travel Tuesday? I bought a few plane tickets and a new luggage set.

What's new with you guys?

I bought a new Garmin Fenix 5 for cheap, partly because they are going cheap anyway with the 6's out and partly because of a sale.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Weekend is coming to a close. I always have a hard time going to bed on Sunday night. :sweat_smile:
  • Lilloops1985
    Lilloops1985 Posts: 134 Member
    Who else is dreading the coming work week?!? 😭😭
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    me, company party to go to on wed. my calories are going to be blown out from yesterday and today.
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I start work at 730am Saturday and it ends 730 am Sunday 😭 24 hr standby. It's a Guaranteed 14 hours overtime and the remaining time I'm on standby

I hope you survived 🥰
    orangegato wrote: »
    Weekend is coming to a close. I always have a hard time going to bed on Sunday night. :sweat_smile:
    Me, too!!!! I’m always rested and not sleepy....but then I’m dragging in the morning when I have to get up ☹️
  • yogidani77
    Who else is dreading the coming work week?!? 😭😭

🙋🏻‍♀️
    But we can do this 💪🏼
  • yogidani77
    It's only 8:50am and it's already been a sh*tty morning

Oh no 😔
    So sorry!
    Big hugs 🤗
  • yogidani77
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    me, company party to go to on wed. my calories are going to be blown out from yesterday and today.

I used enough calories for about 3 days at a party Saturday night 😫
  • mattig89ch
    yogidani77 wrote: »

I used enough calories for about 3 days at a party Saturday night 😫

lol, yea. Last year I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Lost 25 by the end of November though! so it all kinda evened out.

Just a very difficult time of the year to keep up the weight loss, for me.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Last year I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Lost 25 by the end of November though! so it all kinda evened out. Just a very difficult time of the year to keep up the weight loss, for me.

Can you eat healthily before you go? At least you won't eat as much as if you arrived on an empty stomach... maybe you'll just nibble at the party.

Good luck & have fun. You've done a good job so far!
  • mattig89ch
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Last year I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Lost 25 by the end of November though! so it all kinda evened out. Just a very difficult time of the year to keep up the weight loss, for me.

Can you eat healthily before you go? At least you won't eat as much as if you arrived on an empty stomach... maybe you'll just nibble at the party.

Good luck & have fun. You've done a good job so far!

Not...really. I have the issue of, I see food, I eat food (not food in the garbage or off the floor, but in the office/around the house). I can't be at a table, with people around me eating, and not having some myself. Plus there's nothing to nibble on. They set out a buffet of food. Even taking a little of everything, I fill up a plate quick.

I've all but given up at this point. Next week, I just stop counting all together. Pick it back up again, in Jan.
  • TarryTaffy
    I've all but given up at this point. Next week, I just stop counting all together. Pick it back up again, in Jan.

A lot are similar. Sounds like you have a plan, so enjoy & Happy Holidays!
  • TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Moved into a new FL apt on Thursday & have been working 'round the clock unpacking. I'm so sore, I decided to take a bath... forgot, no bath, only a shower. Oh, boo... still, it's a lovely place.

Off to Target after I get some sleep... need 150 hangers & in all the mayhem, I forgot to buy any food. I haven't eaten anything but a few tangelos since Thurs... boo. I'm so hungry, I could eat a hanger... but, I don't have any.

Have a great weekend, All!

I moved half-way across the contry last month and gave away about 100 really nice wooden hangers. Amazing how those things seem to accumulate. :lol:

I've been taking the slow approach to unpack. Still a few boxes to unpack, and a lot to take for donation.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    edited December 2019
    *wanders past the doorway*
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    It's only 8:50am and it's already been a sh*tty morning

I hope you day got better as it went along!
  • TarryTaffy
    I moved half-way across the contry last month and gave away about 100 really nice wooden hangers. Amazing how those things seem to accumulate. :lol:

I've been taking the slow approach to unpack. Still a few boxes to unpack, and a lot to take for donation.

Love those wooden hangers, although they are pricey & take up more room than other newfangled types.

You've got far more patience than I. I need to kamikaze unpack so I can get it over with, despite how it leaves me burnt out for a few days. I can also pack up my house in 2-days... just stay awake for 48-hrs & get it done. I dislike clutter & living amongst chaos, if I slow it down.

You've got the better idea though... this time, it's taking me longer... I keep falling asleep on the floor... still, I don't seem to know how to slow down. Not in my nature, I'm afraid.

Good luck with your unpacking!
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    edited December 2019
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

Love those wooden hangers, although they are pricey & take up more room than other newfangled types.

You've got far more patience than I. I need to kamikaze unpack so I can get it over with, despite how it leaves me burnt out for a few days. I can also pack up my house in 2-days... just stay awake for 48-hrs & get it done. I dislike clutter & living amongst chaos, if I slow it down.

You've got the better idea though... this time, it's taking me longer... I keep falling asleep on the floor... still, I don't seem to know how to slow down. Not in my nature, I'm afraid.

Good luck with your unpacking!

Thanks. Yeah, the wooden hangers I prefer due to more natural material and sturdy. I slowly replaced all the plastic and metal hangers over a few months time. But, what I should have been doing is cutting back on the clothes I had instead since I really only wear the same few things 99% of the time.

Part of the reason why it's taking me so long to unpack is that I was in a rush move due to job change necessitating relocation to another part of the country. So, I didn't get a chance to get rid of what I could have given more time. Combined with a significant downsizing of living space (2BR townhome w/garage down to 625 studio apartment), it's a headache. My goal is to have it completed by EoY, so can start fresh and relaxed by the new year.

Ideally, I want to be very light in material good so that next time I move, it's just a quick and simple pack and go with far less than I currently have.

Good luck as well!
  • TarryTaffy
    Part of the reason why it's taking me so long to unpack is that I was in a rush move due to job change necessitating relocation to another part of the country. So, I didn't get a chance to get rid of what I could have given more time. Combined with a significant downsizing of living space (2BR townhome w/garage down to 625 studio apartment), it's a headache. My goal is to have it completed by EoY, so can start fresh and relaxed by the new year.

Ideally, I want to be very light in material good so that next time I move, it's just a quick and simple pack and go with far less than I currently have.

Good luck as well!

I empathize. Same has happened to me before & that was much more of a job as I didn't separate like things, just placed anything in any box where it fit cuz I was in such a rush. Turned out to have been a harder outcome as it took me a month to unpack... dishes next to suits next to curling irons, oh my.

Congrats on the new job! And, I hope you're adjusting nicely to your new location. And, oh yes, I feel the same with clothing & belongings, too... a friend said to me, it's easier to just set it all on fire & walk away with a lipstick & your fave shoes, lol. Add in the espresso maker & I might be in... :smile:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hey there everyone! Why has this landed on the 4th page? Has everyone suddenly got dates? Or maybe you are just as busy as I find myself