Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    lot of reasons i guess.

sometimes- you just got a lot going on and can't juggle other people's emotions with your own (not every person will be willing to just *accept* that you need the time to yourself instead of them)

sometimes- they're toxic without realizing it, and so set in their ways they won't change.

sometimes- *you're* the toxic one and you've finally realized it and you want to take the time to fix it.

sometimes- they're legitimately crazy and you didn't realize it until it was too late to walk away gracefully.

sometimes they just deserve it. like if they were abusive (emotional or physical)- i figure its a good thing to let them twist on it forever as to why you vanished from their life.

I’ve ghosted someone because he thought he had some sort of entitlement over me, if he didn’t receive a text from me right away he would trip out. It was too much and overbearing.

The other time I was just a coward, I couldn’t face hurting him. It was just easier to not deal with it.

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    To turn the question around if you truly decide that you don't care about someone anymore then why would you take the time to try to explain that to them in a difficult and awkward conversation?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    To turn the question around if you truly decide that you don't care about someone anymore then why would you take the time to try to explain that to them in a difficult and awkward conversation?

well if u mean a relationship ending then because youre not a sociopath and not loving someone anymore dont mean u dont respect they got feelings like a human

But there are sociopaths. The question is why anyone would ever ghost someone. I mean I'm pretty sure the answer is because they have decided they no longer care enough about the person to stay with them and don't want to deal with the conflict of that so they just leave. Is that not the answer?

Don't get me wrong I get why it would be upsetting but in a relationship you don't own the other person and therefore they don't owe you anything. If they leave without explanation you can't really demand that they put themselves in awkward situation they are uncomfortable with just to satisfy your need for closure.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Wife found out

This is a IRL dating situation. No wife.
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Cowards, narcissists and people with zero social skills in real life ghost. It’s ridiculous and immature.

In line with this general broad swipe at people i guess you could say only lazy people are fat, only weak minded people have addictions, only stupid people are poor........

seen an uncomfortable amount of people who unironically think those things. nuance is dead.
  • yuske05
    yuske05 Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Funny thing is @Just_Mel_ to me, you look like someone who is likely to have ghosted many a dudes. I have to say, I am a bit surprised to see your profile pic in lead of this topic.
  • yuske05
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Confrontation isn't easy, especially when not everybody wants to accept the answers that we can vocalize.

Any time I pull any sort of disappearing act, it's 100% been because I don't have energy to interact with anybody. Forgive me for a moment--I've been thinkin about social/emotional masks all morning--but I tend to adapt how I interact with people TO the person I'm interacting with, and sometimes those acts become exhausting. So for me, it's usually just that I've gotten tired and need a rest.

That doesn't sound like ghosting to me. It sounds like you need a better mood in order to respond which will become a delayed response. Unless you never respond even when you're in better spirits and you're aware of it.
  • yuske05
    Options
    ladyzherra wrote: »
    I was ghosted once and it was completely perplexing for me, having never experienced anything like it before. It made me, at first, obsess that something was wrong with me.

Haunted people generally ghost.

.... woah

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    yuske05 wrote: »
    Funny thing is @Just_Mel_ to me, you look like someone who has likely to have ghosted many a dudes.

🤔 how does a ghoster look?? Is there a template online or something?

Kinda transparent, makes a lot of "oooOOOOooo" kinda sounds, likes to hang out in old abandoned houses, etc.

I don't really see it with her, but <shrugs> everyone's got their own opinion, eh?

This made me giggle. 😂
  • yuske05
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    yuske05 wrote: »
    Funny thing is @Just_Mel_ to me, you look like someone who has likely to have ghosted many a dudes.

🤔 how does a ghoster look?? Is there a template online or something?

I'd like to know exactly what's meant by ghosting before I answer you. I'm suspecting a different definition by the postings. I think it's when anyone(with reasonable capacity) knowingly doesn't reply to someone, period.