Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    yuske05 wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Funny thing is @Just_Mel_ to me, you look like someone who has likely to have ghosted many a dudes.

🤔 how does a ghoster look?? Is there a template online or something?

I'd like to know exactly what's meant by ghosting before I answer you. I'm suspecting a different definition by the postings. I think it's when anyone(with reasonable capacity) knowingly doesn't reply to someone, period.

Does the look change by definition??
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    Funny thing is @Just_Mel_ to me, you look like someone who is likely to have ghosted many a dudes. I have to say, I am a bit surprised to see your profile pic in lead of this topic.

Nope. It's cruel to not give some kind of reason or explanation. Plus I need closure. Even if I'm the one ending things. But thanks for the compliment? 🤷‍♀️
    I will say that I don't generalize all ghosters as pieces of *kitten*. I honestly think in my situation it's a matter of needing space to deal with other things. He is family of one of my best friends and I have known him for some time before we got involved so I know he is a good man and not attached to a wife or gf or something like that. Maybe there will be contact later but for now I'm just going to back off. I don't need to beg for anything. Just got my feelers hurt.

Damn feelings - fuggin suck yo
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Funny thing is @Just_Mel_ to me, you look like someone who is likely to have ghosted many a dudes. I have to say, I am a bit surprised to see your profile pic in lead of this topic.

Nope. It's cruel to not give some kind of reason or explanation. Plus I need closure. Even if I'm the one ending things. But thanks for the compliment? 🤷‍♀️
    I will say that I don't generalize all ghosters as pieces of *kitten*. I honestly think in my situation it's a matter of needing space to deal with other things. He is family of one of my best friends and I have known him for some time before we got involved so I know he is a good man and not attached to a wife or gf or something like that. Maybe there will be contact later but for now I'm just going to back off. I don't need to beg for anything. Just got my feelers hurt.

If you’re ending things why would you need closure?

If you ended things, I don’t think that person owes you anything. If you ended things, and they ghost, their probably just trying to heal from the situation and move on. It’s harder to move on when you’re still in contact with that person.

• yuske05
    yuske05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is @Just_Mel_ to me, you look like someone who has likely to have ghosted many a dudes.

🤔 how does a ghoster look?? Is there a template online or something?

I'd like to know exactly what's meant by ghosting before I answer you. I'm suspecting a different definition by the postings. I think it's when anyone(with reasonable capacity) knowingly doesn't reply to someone, period.

Does the look change by definition??

You got me bro. I'll put some of my toxin in a jar for you as a trophy. I would not like to speak to you anymore, sir. Enjoy the day.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've only ghosted one person...but she was a psycho and I was considering getting a restraining order. I ended up unexpectedly moving into a house with some of my friends in a completely last minute kind of deal and I just didn't tell her. I figured that was easier than a restraining order. This was before everyone had cell phones, so I didn't need to worry about that.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    To turn the question around if you truly decide that you don't care about someone anymore then why would you take the time to try to explain that to them in a difficult and awkward conversation?

well if u mean a relationship ending then because youre not a sociopath and not loving someone anymore dont mean u dont respect they got feelings like a human

Yes exactly. It is very cruel to ghost someone you were previously in regular contact with or dating. I feel a simple explanation is better. I would much rather that than worry something happened to them, etc.

Cruelty is relative. It is cruel to subject someone to something that pains them. Some people are pained by not having closure, some people are pained by having to deal with conflict and attempt closure. You feel that not getting closure is cruel because you are personally somoene who wants closure...but that doesn't make it some objective truth that applies to all people in all cases.

If it is cruel to not provide someone closure if they want it then isn't it equally cruel to demand that someone provide closure when they are uncomfortable doing so?
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

If you’re ending things why would you need closure?

If you ended things, I don’t think that person owes you anything. If you ended things, and they ghost, their probably just trying to heal from the situation and move on. It’s harder to move on when you’re still in contact with that person.

I didn't end this situation. My comment was in response to someone who said I look like one who does the ghosting. At which I said I don't ghost.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Ghosting someone you are dating is immature is 99% of situations. A simple text, email, some sort of communication saying it isn't working is enough. Doesn't have to provide an answer or two way conversation, but please make it known that it's over. If someone is really afraid for their safety then I can understand not providing that communication, but won't the other person dwell on it and try and find you at your house, place of work, where you hangout? Now that would be awful. :#

I guess I see it as two people. One person no longer wants to be in a relationship with the other and decides to leave and doesn't want the awkwardness or conflict that would arise from trying to seek closure. The other person still wants to be with them or at least is not expecting the breakup and is left wanting to know why and to have closure.

Both are in an awkward situation, both want something. I guess what I don't get is why one persons wants default-trump the others. IE this idea that one person owes the other person but not the other way around.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I will ghost anyone that I've deemed to be emotionally manipulative... their need for closure does not mean I need to be taken on a guilt trip.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Ghosting someone you are dating is immature is 99% of situations. A simple text, email, some sort of communication saying it isn't working is enough. Doesn't have to provide an answer or two way conversation, but please make it known that it's over. If someone is really afraid for their safety then I can understand not providing that communication, but won't the other person dwell on it and try and find you at your house, place of work, where you hangout? Now that would be awful. :#

I guess I see it as two people. One person no longer wants to be in a relationship with the other and decides to leave and doesn't want the awkwardness or conflict that would arise from trying to seek closure. The other person still wants to be with them or at least is not expecting the breakup and is left wanting to know why and to have closure.

Both are in an awkward situation, both want something. I guess what I don't get is why one persons wants default-trump the others. IE this idea that one person owes the other person but not the other way around.

Texting "hey I don't think it's a good idea to see each other anymore, good luck to you. Bye" is took awkward? I feel if you are adult enough to date then you should be able to that. Same goes for the work place. If you want to quit a job at least leave a note or voicemail. (I work in HR and really dislike no-show employees)

Agree 100%
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Exactly!
    giphy.gif