BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to regret one of my new things? From all the squats and lunges from doing the Biggest Loser workout yesterday, my legs are aching today. I walked downstairs just now and Dave said, "Don't you look like death warmed over?" Thanks honey! :huh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    No Loree, it is not bad. I am regreting the weight lighting. I must have started with too heavy weights because I can hardly move my arms and it has been like this for two days. I am going to recover completely before I try again with ligther weights. I am sorry that you are "looking bad" :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I shoulda joined this challenge on the black thread just so I could come say hello and keep up with you all!!:tongue:

I have no black member ID:noway: but I'm peekin my head in to say hello to so many of my friends I've not seen in ages:sad: ...hope you're all doing well towards your goals! Hope to catch up with some of you soon!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:

Lizbeth-- come hang out in here anytime....we're a friendly bunch! :wink: :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    She sounds like the lady from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. :laugh: Love that movie.

See, Jeannie! You ARE trying new things & you ARE moving forward! You're doing great & that ticker moved I see! WOO HOO! *hugs* I'll envision your trainer the next time I'm doing my sculpting routine...maybe I'll manage a grunt. :wink:

My cousins Nick, Nick and Nick ....love that movie. And John Corbett (?) is a dreamboat!!!!!!!

Finished typing finally...starving...heading for food and to my motherless children.:noway:

I had a DREAM about him last night:blushing: I have never been one to watch a movie more than once, and usually cant sit thru it the first time.

But My Big Fat Greek Wedding I can watch once a month!! I love him and she is a perfect normal woman!

Oh, my gosh, yes-- I loved him on Northern Exposure, even though the show was stupid-- loved him on the one episode I saw of Sex in the City-- hated that show, loved him--

He's a total, TOTAL cutie.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Is it bad to regret one of my new things? From all the squats and lunges from doing the Biggest Loser workout yesterday, my legs are aching today. I walked downstairs just now and Dave said, "Don't you look like death warmed over?" Thanks honey! :huh:

Come on Loree...no pain, no gain.....you're doing great!

And death warmed over is infinitely better than just plain death......see? Bright side, right there. So, you have that going for you.

Just call me Marla Sunshine....:wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    *pops head in*

*whispers* I bought a bathing suit and it doesn't look TOO bad!

YAY! I'll BBL to chat. Off to lunch with a couple friends & baby T!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    *pops head in*

awesome!
  • Marla64
    Options
    No Loree, it is not bad. I am regreting the weight lighting. I must have started with too heavy weights because I can hardly move my arms and it has been like this for two days. I am going to recover completely before I try again with ligther weights. I am sorry that you are "looking bad" :laugh:

Hi Amanda-- take care of them muscles, woman!

Hi Loree-- you're lovely as always-- death warmed over never looked so good.

Hi Jeannie-- rough week eh? Don't they suck?

Hi Andrew-- glad you're back-- quiet week without you.

Hi Sara-- so close to goal...you little snot.

Hi Lynnie-- glad they gave you a nice sendoff'

Hi Shuntae-- where you been this week? Hope all is well.

Hi Tresa-- Zumba, baby, Zumba!!!

Hi Laura-- hope you feel better soon....

Hi Anna-- where you been? This is the place to be, baby.

Hi Lizbeth-- our honorary blackie--

Hi Sam-- I threw out my voodoo doll today-- you're safe, my dear.

To the rest of our lovely team that I have missed...my deepest regrets and most humble apologies.

Must return to my ever present typing. A busy, busy day awaits your humble team member--

:heart: to all.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I shoulda joined this challenge on the black thread just so I could come say hello and keep up with you all!!:tongue:

I have no black member ID:noway: but I'm peekin my head in to say hello to so many of my friends I've not seen in ages:sad: ...hope you're all doing well towards your goals! Hope to catch up with some of you soon!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You are now a honorary Black Team Member:glasses:
    You ID will be issued by certified mail.
    :drinker: I'll be waiting at the mailbox! Thanks guys....I love reading this thread you all have so much positive energy and such fun together boosting one another up and onward:wink::flowerforyou:

Elizabeth:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Lizbeth-- come hang out in here anytime....we're a friendly bunch! :wink: :wink:
    :flowerforyou: Yes you are!:tongue::laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hey fitness-chick, so glad you are an honorary member, you inspire me. Go do a water aerobics class!!!!!! :smile:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in long enough to tell what Ive been doing new for this challenge so far...Yesterday I did a different strength training dvd, totally kicked my butt!:laugh: Last night I ate a piece of my yummy (and very missed around here lol) southern fried chicken:noway: yes...even with the yummy crusty skin on it lol. It was soooo good, but I only had the 1 piece:drinker: Ok, maybe that doesnt count as doing something new in this challenge lol.:blushing: As soon as the weather warms up a little bit Im going to be giving tennis a try. Already bought my racket and tennis balls and all ready to go! Oh---MINUS the cute little tennis skirts lol. Not quite ready for that yet:noway: Hang in there everyone and have a great weekend:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Just wanted to check in to say hi. :happy:

The challenge is going really well for me, as I've gotten all three of my new things done. 1) Tried a new class at the gym; 2) Used a new flavor of Mrs. Dash for the chicken I cooked last night - Tomato Basil Garlic. Yummy stuff; 3) PB & J sandwich for lunch today using natural PB. I bought it a while back to make some Weight Watchers PB cookies and I thought it was gross after being used to the regular stuff. Now that I've been eating Simply Jif, I figured I would try it again and it wasn't too bad. Maybe I will try to use it more often.

Yesterday, I had my first diet soda in nearly two weeks with my lunch yesterday. It tasted really good, but was so not worth the headache I ended up with. So, unless I buy the cases and take it to work with me, I will not be having soda at work. The only caffeine free options are not diet, and I don't really like regular soda. Back to my low-to-no caffeine life...it really isn't bad at all!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

:heart: to you all.
    Shuntae
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    She sounds like the lady from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. :laugh: Love that movie.

See, Jeannie! You ARE trying new things & you ARE moving forward! You're doing great & that ticker moved I see! WOO HOO! *hugs* I'll envision your trainer the next time I'm doing my sculpting routine...maybe I'll manage a grunt. :wink:

My cousins Nick, Nick and Nick ....love that movie. And John Corbett (?) is a dreamboat!!!!!!!

Finished typing finally...starving...heading for food and to my motherless children.:noway:

John is from right across the Ohio River ,Wheeling, WV.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    *pops head in*

Way to go !:flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

I didn't know he was from Wheeling...one of my best friends from college is from that area.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Oohh Ooh I have an answer!!!

Do the stretch portion of one of your videos
    and
    warm/hot bath with epsom salts

That got me up and walking again!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in long enough to tell what Ive been doing new for this challenge so far...Yesterday I did a different strength training dvd, totally kicked my butt!:laugh: Last night I ate a piece of my yummy (and very missed around here lol) southern fried chicken:noway: yes...even with the yummy crusty skin on it lol. It was soooo good, but I only had the 1 piece:drinker: Ok, maybe that doesnt count as doing something new in this challenge lol.:blushing: As soon as the weather warms up a little bit Im going to be giving tennis a try. Already bought my racket and tennis balls and all ready to go! Oh---MINUS the cute little tennis skirts lol. Not quite ready for that yet:noway: Hang in there everyone and have a great weekend:flowerforyou:

~Roni

Roni, my friend is into tennis and keeps inviting me to shag her balls(:blushing: that sounds BaD) anyway I have agreed to go tomorrow...lets see if I survive!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Oh yes ... John is a serious hottie. Have you seen Raising Helen? He's just too adorable in that ... cute movie!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

~Roni

Roni, my friend is into tennis and keeps inviting me to shag her balls(:blushing: that sounds BaD) anyway I have agreed to go tomorrow...lets see if I survive!

Tee hee :laugh: :blushing: :laugh:

I haven't played tennis in probably 27 years. I should try it again ... it was fun once I figured out how to keep my eyes focused on the ball so I could actually hit it once in a while.