5'0-5'3 What are your goals?

Options

Replies

• ebilchiibi
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and I think I'm starting around 165-170lbs. I haven't been able to weigh myself in a while since I don't have a scale. So I'm guessing. But i'm hoping to be around 140lbs, possibly 130lbs.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' , my starting weight (this time) 178 and mu current goal weight is 128. I may re-evaluate when I get there though.
  • Just1Drew
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5". My goal is to get to 103lbs. That was my post-pregnancy weight after my first baby. It was the first time I'd ever been at a healthy bmi. (All through high school I was 92-95lbs...I couldn't gain weight.) I liked how I looked then. I've always been petite, so I'm not worried about how it will "look" on me. I was 120-125 for years, but suddenly after my last baby I just started gaining. I may re-evaluate once I get to 110lbs.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    5'1 SW178 first gw was 140 got there moved it to 130 got there moved just under that cw128. Not sure what I'm doing now. Think I'll try to lose a few more pounds but at this point things look good. I feel comfortable and I think I'll just try toning a bit more.
  • whatiseenow
    whatiseenow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and would love to be between 125 and 135. i started out at 230 and I've lost about 30 pounds so far, before using MFP. The last time I felt happy at my weight, I was 150, but that is still considered overweight!
  • tigeratty
    tigeratty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 1/2 and I want to be 140-145 for a healthy BMI.
  • jessisc
    Options
    I am 5'3" and currently weigh 159lbs. I want to be at 135-140.
  • crittytn
    Options
    I'm 5 feet even, currently at approx 148 pounds. I'd like to get down to 120 and then take it from there. I was happy at that weight and I got down to it after my third child, so I know it's a possibility. To get below that? Will have to see...
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a little short for this topic, being only 4'11", but my goal is a muscular 115 (the equivalent in looks of about 100 without the musculature). But, that's a longer-term goal. Right now, I want OUT of the "Women's Petite" section, since 9 times out of 10, anything that's pretty doesn't come in that size combination!!! I have a LOOOOONG way to go before then, though.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    So, as women (mostly... guys chime in too!) with shorter inseam measurements, do you feel that the calorie expenditure for walking is wonky?
    When my 6' tall hubby - he with the three foot inseam and yard-long stride - goes for a walk, he covers the ground at an easy pace of about 3 miles per hour. Barely exercising. When I'm walking, I'm puffing frantically at 2.5, as my short legs have to take at least three steps to each of his two to keep up.

Does the exercise calculator take our height into consideration? My 2.5 mph is much more work than his 3 mph!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2 and my goal is 150. These site is so helpful to me. Hope you have better luck this time around. Best wishes!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm ~4'10" so close to 5'0" ^.^ I want to get down to 80 or 85 pounds.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My current main goal is to have a flat abs & a 24" waistline as indicated in my signature. Although I'm not sure if it suits medium-large framed people like me.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my goal weight is 130 pounds, but I am kind of big boned so not sure if I will get that low. I started out at 168lbs.

I also thought that I can never be a 125lb. with my bone frame but hella, I lost a big amount of weight now. Its a common excuse for many overweight people that they have large frame & can't lose weight but honestly it has nothing to do with it. You will be only slightly heavier than small or medium framed people. I think for endomorphs (aka large framed people), your ideal weight range for your height is from 128-143lbs.
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" (barely) and want to get down to 52kg (114lb) from 62kg (135lb).
    Once I get there I'll see how I feel....I may (or may not) want to get back to my pre-babies weight of 50kg (110).
  • niccole679
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I want to get down to 140 or 135

10135966.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • amomatt
    Options
    I'm 5.3 (and a half!-that half is very important!) am currently 148 and am wanting to get down to 135 I think
  • k3lly89
    Options
    I'm 5'2, and currently weigh 116. My ideal is 110 as I have a tiny frame and right now I have a round tummy, which I'm trying to tone.

I used to weigh 105 but everyone said I was to skinny so I'm aiming for 110.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Good luck to everyone!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11.5 and I would like to ain about 3 pounds of muscle and achieve 11-13% bodyfat so I can compete as a figure athlete next summer. I got down to 15% this summer but am on a break right now before I start pre-training.

Just a little tip... weight should only be one measure of success. Body composition and measurements are very important too!

Good luck to everyone!!