Sensitive topic, mostly for the guys to answer but the ladies can also answer

Options
I have a curious question and my experience losing weight in a sensitive area of life. I honestly have no one to ask in life and would be too embarrassed to any way.
When you were heavier were you having issues getting and maintaining a certain thing for intercourse like I was? I just wonder if that effects most guys that are heavy, a small percentage or just me or what?
Now down 73 pounds its insane what is going though. It happens at the drop of a hat now as the saying goes. I notice I get nocturnal ones every single night as well.
Any info will be appreciated and I'm sorry if that was TMI. I apologize if your not supposed to discuss this on the boards. Just curious what others experiences were in this area and losing weight? Ladies I especially apologize for the subject matter.

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    While I was fortunate enough to not experience ED problems while at my heaviest the one slightly related thing I have noticed since dropping over 100lbs is a definite increase in libido.

Not that I was blindly celibate before but I've found I'm far more keen, far more often these days.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    MPDean wrote: »
    No beer belly obscuring the view makes it look bigger too.

That's a gender neutral benefit of weight loss, the ability to see that there are body parts below the belly.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    OAS5 wrote: »
    Excellent info guys, appreciate it. I'm just glad I lost weight for a whole host of reasons, this just being one.

I'm proud of you for being brave enough to post this question. I'm sure there are many others out there wondering the same thing, and now everyone can be well-informed. :)

Thank you, I appreciate that. I wanted to know what others thought so bad but how do you ask people that? Ya don't, but I got the answers here.
  • OAS5
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Makes complete sense for multiple reasons.

From a hormonal aspect hormones are free cycling, so the effects are diluted as you mass increases. One of the key reasons why being overweight is so harmful that it forces the endocrine system to overwork.

From an anatomical aspect the human body is a bag of water and if that bag is larger in other places you limit the fluid dynamics in others. The corpora cavernosa and corpus spongiosum fill with blood, so if that blood is filling other spaces you're going to see a decrease in size.

Now I'm thinking of a PSA motivating men to lose weight.

qq67v9g0e7b7.png

...the more you lose the more you grow.

Yes, if people who lost weight like me, I'm guilty of this, if we were honest with other overweight people we could use this as a motivator. Your sex life will increase, become REALLY GREAT and your certain something will get bigger or look bigger and will work better. It took me a bit to word that in a PG manner. :D
  • contir
    contir Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finally a topic on this board that's not idiotic! Thanks for bringing this up (no pun intended.) Great discussion. I wish there were more topics like this and fewer of the silly stupid stuff.
  • MPDean
    MPDean Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »
    That's a gender neutral benefit of weight loss, the ability to see that there are body parts below the belly.

Us men have the benefit of being able to see the effects of weight loss sooner, some times more than others.
  • OAS5
    Options
    contir wrote: »
    Finally a topic on this board that's not idiotic! Thanks for bringing this up (no pun intended.) Great discussion. I wish there were more topics like this and fewer of the silly stupid stuff.

No prob. I was too chicken to bring it up before but I really wanted people's thoughts on the subject.