BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 9

Options

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It occurred to me that probably not too many people know what I'm talking about when I said we learned some new lindy hop moves last night.... here's an example if you want to see what it is:

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/39692_lindy-hop-moves-swing-out.htm

and here's one of the moves we learned to do last night:

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/39697_lindy-hop-moves-skater-charleston.htm

Bill wasn't feeling well & stayed home, so I ended up dancing with one of the social dance instructors from the local university. It was okay though ... he's a sweetie and doesn't know how to lindy much, either! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dancing is such great exercise ... if you can get out there and learn to dance somewhere, I highly recommend it!!

Another new for me ... we put Jillians 30-day shred on our netflix queue.... I am very, very afraid. :noway: :laugh:

Oh! and I bought some Better N Peanut Butter at Trader Joes ... 2 tbs is fewer calories than 1 tbs of regular natural PB ... and a lot less fat. It's pretty tasty, but I don't think I'll use it to replace natural PB all the time. It's pretty sweet, but it says it only has 2 g of sugar ... hmm...

*sigh. I really should have been working today but I haven't!! I will have to type a lot tomorrow. Oh well.....

Have a great rest of the day, gang!!

:heart: Tresa
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in long enough to tell what Ive been doing new for this challenge so far...Yesterday I did a different strength training dvd, totally kicked my butt!:laugh: Last night I ate a piece of my yummy (and very missed around here lol) southern fried chicken:noway: yes...even with the yummy crusty skin on it lol. It was soooo good, but I only had the 1 piece:drinker: Ok, maybe that doesnt count as doing something new in this challenge lol.:blushing: As soon as the weather warms up a little bit Im going to be giving tennis a try. Already bought my racket and tennis balls and all ready to go! Oh---MINUS the cute little tennis skirts lol. Not quite ready for that yet:noway: Hang in there everyone and have a great weekend:flowerforyou:

~Roni

Roni, my friend is into tennis and keeps inviting me to shag her balls(:blushing: that sounds BaD) anyway I have agreed to go tomorrow...lets see if I survive!

Tee hee :laugh: :blushing: :laugh:

I haven't played tennis in probably 27 years. I should try it again ... it was fun once I figured out how to keep my eyes focused on the ball so I could actually hit it once in a while.

I have SO much to say, but I'm having one of those "every time I sit down, someone else needs something or we need to go somewhere type of days. BAH!

Anyways, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE TENNIS! I haven't been able to play in a few years. I played varsity 3 years in high school & was top singles player my senior year. How I miss it. :sad: I wanna come with!

I actually pulled out my high school tennis skirt a couple weeks ago. It wasn't too pretty, but it WAS on...the button was questionable, but it was ON! :laugh: In the spirit of shagging balls, tennis players usually keep balls in their panties. LOL Seriously! We had "briefs" that we wore under our tennis skirts with pockets in them...therefore...balls in panties. Nothin' quite like pulling a ball out from under your skirt. HA!

You'll have a BLAST Jeannie & Roni! And if you don't...well....quite frankly....we can't be friends any more. :wink: hehehe

Tresa - I miss dancing, too. These dang kids are holding me back! :laugh: Everytime you talk about it, I just want to find a class somewhere. I laughed when you were talking about the lindy b/c I figued not many people would know. I have childhood memories of my dance instructor singing "lindy to the left & an lindy to the right." Blah blah blah blah blah. Good times.

Shuntae - GOOD job on the low diet soda intake! Once I quit my "addiction" it was easy to stay away from. Once in a while (like with pizza) I'll have one. I'm so proud of you!

Lori - Jeannie is right! Epsom salts are the place to be! I used to soak in them all the time when I waited tables. Sooo soothing for tired muscles. Don't regret it! Just recover & do some more! :bigsmile: (says the girl who's one new thing was lack of mayo on a burger :laugh:)

Hello, Marla, Anna, Sam, Andrew, Amanda, Amelia (saw you, chicky!), Lynnie, Bobbi, Laura and all y'all!! I could write a novel right now, but the baby just woke up & people are looking at me to make a decision about what to make for dinner. Awesome. :grumble:

Later, friends!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Tresa - I miss dancing, too. These dang kids are holding me back! :laugh: Everytime you talk about it, I just want to find a class somewhere. I laughed when you were talking about the lindy b/c I figued not many people would know. I have childhood memories of my dance instructor singing "lindy to the left & an lindy to the right." Blah blah blah blah blah. Good times.

Step step triple-step, step-step triple step ... and real men let go on 5! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love a dance where, seriously, the name of one kind of step is: da duh da duh.

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/39706_lindy-hop-moves-daduh-step.htm

:heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    5 6 7 8 Da Duh Da Duh. :laugh: It's like they ran out of funny words for steps. LOL
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I am so bummed out!

I have been gaining weight at a not so nice pace and I don't know why?

Plus hubs used the rest of the pam so I couldn't make my eggs this morning. He also didn't tell me that we didn't have any brown rice left so I had it all set for BR for dinner and NOW I have to have pasta. I was already over calories so now I really have to get my lazy butt on the treadmill after the girls go to sleep.

You know tht work thing with all the hours I was supposed to work. well not this week so she had me all stressed out about nothing. I EFFIN HATE HER!!! She also decided to take thursday, Friday, Saturday and sunday off and it just happens to be bike week here HOW EFFIN CONVENIENT!!!! Did I tell you how much I EFFIN HATE HER!!!! :bigsmile:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    She also decided to take thursday, Friday, Saturday and sunday off and it just happens to be bike week here HOW EFFIN CONVENIENT!!!! Did I tell you how much I EFFIN HATE HER!!!! :bigsmile:

to heck with:
    Booger.gif

Let's fling some of this!
    993.gif
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    hey, just check this. i went from obese to overweight with our last weigh in. :blushing: I still hate the BMI for short ppl. though.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    hey, just check this. i went from obese to overweight with our last weigh in. :blushing: I still hate the BMI for short ppl. though.

WOO HOO!!!! I celebrated with an apple for ya!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

WOO HOO!!!! I celebrated with an apple for ya!!:drinker: :drinker:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

Lynnie, I like this site because it uses pants size too! I think it is more accurate.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Lets see.......

Tresa, you are so making me want to go to another dance class. Latin dance is very popular here so unless I want to dance with great grandpa and piss off great grandma.....I better stick to Salsa!

Sara-I am not sure I want to shag balls for my friend anymore! In her pants???? I am not that kind of girl!
    She has severely sprained her ankle a few months ago and is missing tennis. If she can serve and me chase them down (shag) the balls and hit them back to her, she will love it.

Sam-I am so sorry! I know how you feel about work, it sux when there is a bee otch in the house!

So funny she is out for bike week hmmmmmmmmmmmm must be nice. :angry:
    You have been working out a LOT could that be why you are gaining? Are your pants tight? I bet they are looser, right??
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OMG - I take a day off and I am 3 pages behind..

Fitness Chick = Elizabeth - You are so welcome here - anytime - you are an inspiration to me, and I love how uplifting your posts are. I'd be honored to have you as a team member

Andrew - great to have you back - we missed you dude..

Lori - WAY TO GO GIRL!! I think the last time I tried on a swim suit and liked the way it looked I was about 8 (years not size :grumble: ).

Sam - sorry about your sunburn (thought it would turn to tan) and your boss (maybe if you spill water on her she will melt - "I'm melting, I'm melting, oh, cruel, cruel world" - always loved that part in Wizard of OZ)

Shuntae - gave it up and now it makes you sick - awesome!! guess it was a good move to give it up - nice work..

Sara - what's for dinner - I'm starving...

Lynnie - so glad your sendoff was so special - sound like you worked with a great crew - I'm sure the new crew will be just as great - also congrats on coming down a category.. nice work girl

Marla - glad things are going better with your computer - your posts crack me up

Amanda - nice job working out - think how strong your arms will be when you can actually move them again - I know, I've done the same..

Tresa - the dancing sounds awesome - I've always thought I'd like to try Salsa, but I think I need to drop a few more pounds so I don't mess up my knees.

Jeannie - I echo others when I say I am so glad you found your way back to the light side of life - I felt so bad when you were unhappy - you are a bright ray of sunshine on this site (no pressure - right?).

Nicky - how are things going with the move? I'm hoping you have less allergy issues once you are out of mold central.

I know I have forgotten some, and for this I apologize.. I love you all, and think of you often...

Have a lovely and active weekend - be careful if you are getting any of this nasty weather..

Janie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hi Janie, good to see ya! Thanks for the sweet shout out, your words helped me thru a bad time.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I shoulda joined this challenge on the black thread just so I could come say hello and keep up with you all!!:tongue:

I have no black member ID:noway: but I'm peekin my head in to say hello to so many of my friends I've not seen in ages:sad: ...hope you're all doing well towards your goals! Hope to catch up with some of you soon!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:

Lizbeth-- come hang out in here anytime....we're a friendly bunch! :wink: :wink:
    Considering this is anytime I'll take you up on it Chickie:flowerforyou: :wink: Wanted to drop in and say hello to all and wish you a productve weekend! It feels SO great to be a part of an always friendly positive thread I'm very grateful and excited to be here. Thanks for the open arms when I peeked in :tongue:

So great to read about all of your goals, challenges and losses (lbs of course)...looking forward to page one on this thread and catching up that way even more. Too funny but most of my most favorite inspiring giggly silly, uplifting friends are all in here! Very cool... again feels so great to be here.:bigsmile:

Elizabeth:heart: (who's feeling all warm and fuzzy right about now:blushing: :tongue: )
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :grumble: I shoulda joined this challenge on the black thread just so I could come say hello and keep up with you all!!:tongue:

I have no black member ID:noway: but I'm peekin my head in to say hello to so many of my friends I've not seen in ages:sad: ...hope you're all doing well towards your goals! Hope to catch up with some of you soon!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:

Lizbeth-- come hang out in here anytime....we're a friendly bunch! :wink: :wink:
    Considering this is anytime I'll take you up on it Chickie:flowerforyou: :wink: Wanted to drop in and say hello to all and wish you a productve weekend! It feels SO great to be a part of an always friendly positive thread I'm very grateful and excited to be here. Thanks for the open arms when I peeked in :tongue:

So great to read about all of your goals, challenges and losses (lbs of course)...looking forward to page one on this thread and catching up that way even more. Too funny but most of my most favorite inspiring giggly silly, uplifting friends are all in here! Very cool... again feels so great to be here.:bigsmile:

Elizabeth:heart: (who's feeling all warm and fuzzy right about now:blushing: :tongue: )

Birds of a feather...........smiley-whacky098.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Fitness Chick = Elizabeth - You are so welcome here - anytime - you are an inspiration to me, and I love how uplifting your posts are. I'd be honored to have you as a team member

Janie
    Thanks Sweetie! Well, I'm 8 pages behind but looking forward to reading and catching up and quickly figuring out what 3 new things I'll try this week.

I'm looking forward to doing the BlackTeam challenges but only weigh in once a month so won't be an official weigh-in member but an unoffical offical member:laugh: (soon as I get my ID card in the mail from Jeannie:noway: :tongue: )

E:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Janie
    Thanks Sweetie! Well, I'm 8 pages behind but looking forward to reading and catching up and quickly figuring out what 3 new things I'll try this week.

I'm looking forward to doing the BlackTeam challenges but only weigh in once a month so won't be an official weigh-in member but an unoffical offical member:laugh: (soon as I get my ID card in the mail from Jeannie:noway: :tongue: )

E:heart:

Hasnt gotten there yet? I will have to check the mail room:huh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    ]

Oh, my - a janiebeth smiley!! love it..
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening folks. =)

Sam-Sorry the weight it being stubborn and the cupboards are bare and your boss is a jerk. Your a great teammate and friend and if you have taught me one thing it's that for every valley we find ourselves in there is a mountain top just down the road. You've climbed alot of mountains to get here and I know the scale will move again.

Sarah- Man you are a busy woman lol.

Elisabeth (fitness chic)-You are hereby required to be an honorary member of this team. =)

Jeannie and Lynn-I LOVE TENNIS. been a long time since I have played. You guys will love it.

Tresa- Sounds like you really enjoy your dance class! I would love to do a class with Beth but the kids and work keep us sooooo busy. Want to know a scary confession that very few men would be willing to make..... I have 5 years of Tap and 4 years of Jazz under my belt. and yes dancing is GREAT excercise.

Roni- You should be getting a little suprise in the mail any day now ;)

Well it's just about time for me to head off to the gym. I will talk to you all later!

Peace out girl scouts!
    :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Evening folks. =)

Sam-Sorry the weight it being stubborn and the cupboards are bare and your boss is a jerk. Your a great teammate and friend and if you have taught me one thing it's that for every valley we find ourselves in there is a mountain top just down the road. You've climbed alot of mountains to get here and I know the scale will move again.

Sarah- Man you are a busy woman lol.

Elisabeth (fitness chic)-You are hereby required to be an honorary member of this team. =)

Jeannie and Lynn-I LOVE TENNIS. been a long time since I have played. You guys will love it.

Tresa- Sounds like you really enjoy your dance class! I would love to do a class with Beth but the kids and work keep us sooooo busy. Want to know a scary confession that very few men would be willing to make..... I have 5 years of Tap and 4 years of Jazz under my belt. and yes dancing is GREAT excercise.

Roni- You should be getting a little suprise in the mail any day now ;)

Well it's just about time for me to head off to the gym. I will talk to you all later!

Peace out girl scouts!
    :drinker: :bigsmile:

Andrew I knew I loved you for a reason!! Your a dancer!! What a wonderful gift for your wife! My husband looks a bit like a Zombie that has been hit by a car while running from a meteor when he even THINKS about dancing!!

You should take 1 night a week or month and go......it would be great for you guys!

Oh, I am so happy for your wife!!:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ]

Oh, my - a janiebeth smiley!! love it..

Isnt that funny??? It really cracks me up:bigsmile: