What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Approx. 3 weeks after stepping on that patch of sea urchins, my feet are still sore and I can still feel the spots where the thicker urchin needles still are. Might be necessary to dig in with a metal needle and start digging them out.

I got two of them out about 1.5 weeks ago..

628qau64yxgc.jpg

Aren't you supposed to soak your feet in vinegar to dissolve the spikes?
    ETA: I don't think you are supposed to dig them out.

@Flex_Appeal
    You aren't. Agree with @GymGoddessGoals ... Pickling Vinegar or pickling lime. Soak your feet for at least 30 mins. Check to see if the vinegar dissolved the calcium from the spines, if not keep soaking your feet and repeat.

Or you could soak bandage cotton in vinegar, get into bed for the night and loosely bandage your feet. Cover with a plastic bag to help keep your feet moist and by morning spines which may have found themselves further embedded on your foot should pop out. Use tweezers and a paper towel to wrap those little annoying spines, prior to discarding them in the rubbish bin.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    8sae10e5mc4y.jpeg
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Went to the Mall this afternoon to get some last minute things for Christmas. A man in front of me had no patience with the cashier working. C'mon people, I know if can be frustrating to go shopping this time of year but those workers are doing the best they can. Don't be a *kitten*.

Agreed.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I should go to sleep before I get in trouble.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Went to the Mall this afternoon to get some last minute things for Christmas. A man in front of me had no patience with the cashier working. C'mon people, I know if can be frustrating to go shopping this time of year but those workers are doing the best they can. Don't be a *kitten*.

Agreed. Any of us who've ever worked in retail/customer service know the frustrations of flustered or downright abusive customers. Cashiers can't help how many items customers have and/or if they're marked properly, etc. It's equally frustrating for them.

Additionally, if people really want to do something about the stores with 20 registers & only 3 opened, they need to complain to the mngr (who can't often do anything as s/he's given a budget & has to schedule within that budget) & email corporate (who are the real entity with the power to make store changes).

As far as cashiers, they're doing their best & we can see from how exhausted some are, they're working faster & longer hours. My local supermarkets are now open 'til midnight until Christmas... some 24/7.

Shoppers have become quite surly in the past couple of years, I've noticed. It's not necessary.
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Put spaghetti sauce in the oven overnight with tons of sausages & homemade meatballs... my 1st real meal in the new apt. Since that won't be ready 'til tomorrow, I'm about to fry 11pm chicken thighs... I do have 1 pan, no lid or utensils... oh boo. Forgot to eat earlier.

Wanted to bake some Irish bread... then remembered I don't have milk or a bowl to mix it all in.

I really need to buy myself some Christmas kitchen gear tomorrow!

G'nite, All. Have a good ending to your week!

I want to come over 🤤

I'd love it, you'd be my 1st house guest (well, invited guest)... aside from the maintenance lad who doesn't speak a word of English & also doesn't grasp/care that custom/laws require that one knocks before entering. Next time, he shall encounter a screeching Icelandic-Irish lass with a long, hard stick.

The catch? Please bring 2 plates, 2 forks, a butter knife & 2 glasses. I'll supply the food, fresh baked bread, butter & lovely wine/IPA of your choice.

You're most welcome!
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Approx. 3 weeks after stepping on that patch of sea urchins, my feet are still sore and I can still feel the spots where the thicker urchin needles still are. Might be necessary to dig in with a metal needle and start digging them out.

I got two of them out about 1.5 weeks ago..

628qau64yxgc.jpg

Aren't you supposed to soak your feet in vinegar to dissolve the spikes?
    ETA: I don't think you are supposed to dig them out.

I soaked my feet in vinegar 😔. Twice. I'm sure the body will dissolve the little, hair-like spikes, but the fat twig-sized ones, i dunno. They feel like porcelain, hard, but very brittle - when you grab them with tweezers, they tend to break apart.

@Flex_Appeal This is why you are not supposed to dig them out. You have to keep soaking them until they dissolve. You are going to cause yourself some massive infection if you keep going about it this way. You are supposed to soak until they are dissolved completely. So I would say with the amount of debris that you have ...it's going to take a while.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    CT scan I have Monday. Major anxiety going on. Hopefully I can enjoy my Christmas without worrying about the results.

sorry it sucks.....going thru it w a close family member...last scan was July...next scan coming up is Jan
    Good luck to you!!!! ((HUGS)) Happy Holidays!

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I don’t understand why a person would say one thing but act completely contrary to the words they spoke.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I don’t understand why a person would say one thing but act completely contrary to the words they spoke.

Because, the person is human.

Fortunately, not all humans are like this :wink:
  • mommabear4315
    Options

It’s human nature. 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    Just scheduling... how do I get everything I need to do before Christmas done & how do I get everything else ready before the New Year!?
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    I can’t believe the night is going so slow.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    So... water is like oil is for a car, right.. but for your body? So.. if that's so, then what is booze, coffee or tea? I have strange thoughts when I nap, I think.