Accountability Increases Your Success: Check in Daily!

Options
There are two things of which I am certain regarding fitness: (1) I like a variety of workouts - walking, kickboxing, strength training, etc. and (2) Unless I am accountable, it is relatively easy for me to lose motivation and slide off of the proverbial wagon. Can you relate?

This is what I propose - a thread where members can check in daily and report on their day's fitness activities, regardless of how much or how little you workout on a given day. Walking, running, weight lifting, yoga, dancing, gardening and so much more - it's all good and it all counts. Anything that gets you moving and increases strength, flexibility or cardiovascular endurance is well worth reporting.

Permit me to get the ball rolling . . . I walked approximately 11, 500 steps today (as measured by my pedometer.) What did you do? :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:

Replies

• DJmom44
    Options
    I did 20 mins of hill running...up and down...up and down...ugggghhhh! Not fun, but challenging...and I always feel great after I run!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I went on two twenty minute walks at work and then went on the elliptical for 45 minutes when I got home. It was exhausting!
  • DWolf
    Options
    awesome idea! i trained at karate today for 90 minutes!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Day off today. Great idea! Thnx!!
  • daad13
    Options
    I walked for 60 minutes with the slow to moderate speed of 2-3mph. It wasn't much, but anything is better than nothing I think :)
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :smile: I did 40 minutes of water aerobics and 15 minutes of swimming after aerobics class.
  • sreece4
    sreece4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles!
  • carrun
    Options
    I walked for 35 mins on my lunch today.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I did 35 minutes of strength training using resistance bands and body weight exercises! Yay me cause I hate doing strength training, I like cardio, but it was getting too dark to go for a walk and I missed my lunch walk :bigsmile:
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome sreese4! BTW, all you guys rock - despite feeling tired, rushed, etc., you still found the time to do some activity! I'm really enjoying reading about the diverse activities fellow members are into. (It's so damn cool I don't even mind dangling a prepostion!)

• Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It was a rest day for me too...:happy:
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you all. :-)

Today, I kept up with two 2-year-olds, including running around the house for about 10 minutes at a time & "rough housing". :-) Total ACTIVITY was probably a few hours. I'm getting over a cold & still hack up a lung if I try to do any type of workout where I get even a BIT out of breath, so technically it was a rest day.

(I have a 2 year old AND I babysit another 2 year old)
  • theba2il
    Options
    Hello everyone:flowerforyou:

Today's activity =Zumba for 55min. 562 calories

Ate well today and drank 48 oz of water so far.

Wishing everyone a good evening...
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    This is an awesome idea for a thread! I haven't done my activity yet today, but I'm posting so that I can find this later. :) I'll edit this post after I'm done.
  • DWolf
    Options
    2nd days report 15 minutes karate, 10 min dog walk, stretching. keep it going everybody!
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday because I was busy deep-cleaning my house and organizing it all day! But that was my version of a workout yesterday. LOL

Today is weigh-in day and I'm down to 212.4! That means I've lost 15.4 lbs since started MFP on July 29th... a total loss of 28.8 overall. I have also gone from 41.3% body fat when I started MFP to 40.5%. That's pretty darn good in a month! :-)

Hope everyone's doing well today.
  • theba2il
    Options
    Burned 508 calories walking the dog for 1.5 hrs today!!

Have a great weekend peeps!!
  • theba2il
    Options
    Burned 508 calories walking the dog for 1.5 hrs today!!

Have a great weekend peeps!!
  • theba2il
    Options
    I didn't check in yesterday because I was busy deep-cleaning my house and organizing it all day! But that was my version of a workout yesterday. LOL

Today is weigh-in day and I'm down to 212.4! That means I've lost 15.4 lbs since started MFP on July 29th... a total loss of 28.8 overall. I have also gone from 41.3% body fat when I started MFP to 40.5%. That's pretty darn good in a month! :-)

Hope everyone's doing well today.

WTG!! Well done you!!!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I did another 45 minutes on the elliptical today. It felt awesome. Usually, I'm ready to just give up after thirty minutes (that's my usual time), but I kicked a lot of butt today. Fifth day in a row!