5'10" ladies what's your goal?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5/10 and fluctuate ate the moment between 140 and 142.8. I am not focusing so much on the scale now as I am body fat % and what I see in the mirror. I'm increasing my strength training to tone up and build muscle. I would also like to lower my current body fat percentage which is 19.9% to approximately 16 and then go from there in terms of my appearance. At this point though my weight can fluctuate on the scale as I continue to either lose some fat and gain muscle. I'll check back in once I reach a happy level and let you all know what it ends up at.
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Glad i saw this, not read all replies yet but had been thinking about whats a good weight . i am currently 140 , was at my lowest of 120 3 years ago and now realise i lost too much then, my goal this time was 140 but i really dont feel happy , im thinking maybe another 10 pounds and lots of toning up. im just shy of 5ft 11 x
  • u04kmm5
    u04kmm5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11 and aiming for about 160 at a total minimum
    At the moment I am 181 and am in no way fat or overweight.
    I have quite a meduim/athletic build though
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    5'10", large frame & aiming for 175 lbs... lowest I've been in the past 10 years is 180 and I felt pretty good. Just want to be a little closer to a "normal" BMI. Good luck! Feel free to add me... Nice to befriend people with similar height, weight and goals :)
  • Chelseebird
    Chelseebird Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for about 140lbs. I was 130lbs at my lightest but my body has changed a lot since then so I would be happy between 140-150lbs. =-)
  • jhazminna
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and set my goal at 200. I have a large build, big feet, wide hips/shoulders.

What I want more than anything is to be active and healthy. When I get to my goal I might still be considered "fat" by the world, but I will know I feel and look good to myself and that is what counts!

I hope. :P I weigh 316 right now, I just started working on myself this week.
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    She said exactly what I was going to say ;)
    I'm 5'11" and I'm also aiming at 150. They health range for me is 130-170, so I'm going for the middle.
  • naomi_clarke1987
    Options
    i'm 5ft 10 and i'm aiming for about 170, i was 160ish before and it really was impossible to maintain!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php

This website is FABULOUS & helps you find if your goals are attainable and healthy. You can calculate it based on your current Body Fat Percentage (also has a link at the bottom of the page to help you figure out that number). I found my goal was totally off base. I had 25% body fat at 5'10" and 181. I found that my lean body mass was 136 lbs (the weight you need to be to keep organs functioning, bones strong, etc) and to be at 20% body fat (in the high fitness/low athlete range) I will need to lose 11 pounds & weigh in at 170 lbs.
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im 5 ft 9 in and my goal at the moment is 150 lbs but when i get ther i will see how i feel
  • Telsera
    Telsera Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my GW is 140. I must have a small frame, because everyone says my wrists are tiny and I'm always having to punch extra holes in my watchbands and bracelets. I'm somewhere around 152-153 right now, and I know that's a lot of people's GW, but on my frame, that much weight is still giving me a muffin top (my whole family gains in the stomach). Boo! I was hoping I could stop at 150, and honestly a lot of people at higher weights on this forum look a lot better than I do!

I'm doing lots of crunches and cardio and toning trying to get rid of the fat, and I'm just starting to be able to see a little bit of hip now. I'll have to see how 140 looks on me and then see if that's good enough. At one point in time, I got sick and stressed out and stuff and dropped to 125, but then people started asking me if I was ok and you could see my ribs and I looked really unhealthy. So I know 130 is way too low.

I think the message here is go for whatever weight looks best for your body type. I will let you know how things turn out at 140 :)
  • allymorin
    Options
    5"10 120 , dropping fifteen lbs. i know its light you dont have to tell me . :)
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and shooting for 170-180... I want to stay healthy fluffy :)
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    145-150, but I am going to take it ten pounds at a time once I hit 170 or so. I haven't been under 290 in my adult life, so I have NO idea what I will look like at a 'good' weight and have no interest in looking like I'm starving.
  • dmkgirly82
    Options
    I have a very large frame.. I still want to rock some thickness so my goal is 190... Sounds heavy still, but I looked sickly at 180
  • aimibean
    Options
    I'm 5'11" & my goal is 148lb. :)
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" (was sure I was 5'10" for ages, but apparently not!).

I'm not really sure what my goal is. I remember being stable at 10 1/2 stone for a few years (147lbs), but not convinced I'd finished growing my hip bones then as you don't fully develop all of that until at least 21 years old. After that I was a good weight at 11 stone for many years (154lbs) before I started going up slowly.

164lbs hits the top of the healthy bmi range, so that's my first goal, after that I'll be aiming for 154lbs again (11 stone) and see if that still fits my body now I'm older. I'm fairly curvy, wide hips etc.

EDIT: I should maybe say that I dont relaly do much strength training (if any), so not a hell of a lot of muscle in that. If I can hit around 160lbs, then work on toning and muscle building, stay the same size, but put on muscle weight, that's fine with me!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my goal weight is 140lbs. I'm currently 153.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I was feeling good in the mid 90's at 195 lbs, but still knew I could lose more. When I joined MFP yesterday I thought 190 would be a good place to be, but after looking at a healthy BMI, I'm rethinking that 174 might be ideal.
    To be honest, at 48, I'm afraid of looking all wrinkly and deflated if my weight got tooooo low. HAHHAHAHAHA, like I've ever had that problem! Seriously, I find I am not wrinkled now and am sure it's because I'm too fluffy...
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", medium framed, and my goal is 145# but I won't squabble if I can maintain anywhere south of 150#. It's right in the middle.

Perhaps you should wait until you get close and see how you feel and what weight it seems your body wants to maintain at. MAINTENANCE is the key here! It's harder than losing because all you want to do is coast, and you think you've got this thing licked, but we don't. It's lifelong.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!